KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Which sucked worse ROCKY 4 OR ROCKY 5?

Which sucked worse,ROCKY 4 or ROCKY 5?
This poll is closed.
ROCKY 4 6 22.22%
ROCKY 5 21 77.78%
Total: 27 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Which sucked worse ROCKY 4 OR ROCKY 5?
Started by: Mr Parker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mr Parker

Question Which sucked worse ROCKY 4 OR ROCKY 5?

This month on ESPN classic on sunday nights they are showing the Rocky movies.I just saw Rocky 2 last night.The first 3 Rocky films were great but after 3,I lost my respect I had for Sylvester Stallon because he should have stopped after 3 and just made more for the money because he did not care about quality anymore.ROCKY 4 & 5 suck.Which do you think sucked worse Rocky 4 or ROCKY 5? I vote 4 because Rocky 5 was more realisitic where Rocky 4 was not realistic at all.

The reason being is 4 was just a copycat off of 3 and no originality at all and totally unrealistic in every way and was a copy cat because Rocky fought the russian Dolph Lungren because of feeling guilty over not stopping the fight resulting in Apollo dying,didnt we see that before in the third film where Rocky fought Mr T again in a rematch because he felt guilty over causing Mr T to cause Mickeys death? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Then after a russian fighter beats up and kills a black guy,we are somehow expected to believe that a white fighter-who 95% of the time loses against a black fighter, somehow is able to sustain the blows to him that Apollo Creed,a black fighter could not sustain and died from.yeah right. roll eyes (sarcastic) In real life,Stallone would have died in a fight with Dolph Lungren because I read somewhere a few years ago while filming Rocky 5 that Dolph Lungren punched into Stallones shoulder by accident and sly needed medical attention because his shoulder got dislocated.

Then to be even more unrealistic,when Lungren as the russian boxer kills Apollo Creed during the match,he announces to the crowd-If he dies he dies.This was during the 1980's when we hated the russians.I guarantee in real life if a russian fighter had come over here to the states and done that and then said that he would have been mobbed by the crowd and beaten into a pulp for saying that.The crowd would have swarmed the ring and would never let him leave alive.

Rocky 5 wasnt as bad because it was more realistic because Tommy Morrison in real life just like he did in the movie,turned his back on his manager and thats the way the real boxing world is how they pray on you and get you to turn against your friends.that is why I maintain its not as bad as Rocky 4 was since it has more realisem to it which is why ROCKY 4 gets my vote.

Last edited by Mr Parker on Aug 9th, 2004 at 10:23 PM

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 10:18 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doc Ock
The Master Planner

Well personally I hated Rocky 5 more.Yeah it was more realistic but who wants that?You want a bit of glamour and dazzle and fun in a movie.

I didnt like Rocky 4 either.I felt after Burgess Meredith left,which was in Rocky 3 that it should have stopped.

But I was more entertained by Rocky 4 than I was by Rocky 5.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 10:52 PM
Doc Ock is currently offline Click here to Send Doc Ock a Private Message Find more posts by Doc Ock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roundisfunny

I'm inclined to agree with Ock. Realism has never been a strong feature of the "Rocky" series, especially after part I. I'm voting for part 5 being the worse of the two, because part four gave me what I wanted to see as a 15-year-old in 1985; Rocky, the symbol of America, beating up a commie.

I think what let me down most about part 5 is that neither Paulie nor Adrian dropped dead, which was the running trend. Rocky should have killed Paulie in a fit of rage over losing their money, then been sent to prison, where he is trained for the "Prison Championship" by his old opponent and current life-changing philanthropist--Clubber Lang.

Maybe that could be the plot to "Rocky 6".

Raising Arizona, 1987

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 11:25 PM
roundisfunny is currently offline Click here to Send roundisfunny a Private Message Find more posts by roundisfunny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

"Rocky 4" is one of my favorite movies of all time. The whole movie is just very, very special to me.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2004 03:14 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The True Fear
Restricted

Account Restricted

rocky 4 kicked ass rocky 5 was ok

Old Post Aug 10th, 2004 03:17 AM
The True Fear is currently offline Click here to Send The True Fear a Private Message Find more posts by The True Fear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The True Fear
Restricted

Account Restricted

rocky was originaly supposed to die in rocky five but the men in the suits high up the food chain had it changed

Old Post Aug 10th, 2004 03:19 AM
The True Fear is currently offline Click here to Send The True Fear a Private Message Find more posts by The True Fear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Rocky 4 had a better soundtrack. Who could forget "Burning Heart" by Survivor?

Old Post Aug 10th, 2004 04:06 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

Rocky V had to suck the worst, because Rocky IV was the best Rocky.

Dolph Lundgren kicks ass!

Old Post Aug 10th, 2004 04:08 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

rocky 4 sucked worse, because of how seriously it took itself.
it was like rocky meets rambo. at least rocky 5 poked a little fun at itself...
but it was still horrible. rocky should have died at the end of rocky2, because 3,4,and 5 were horrible.

"you adrian!!!! i did i-" *bang* (rocky gets shot...roll credits)

Old Post Aug 10th, 2004 04:18 PM
PVS is currently offline Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

I agree with you Botankus that Rocky 4 had a better soundtrack.Burning Heart By Survivor was about the ONLY good thing at all about that horrible movie.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2004 07:21 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

rocky 4 cuz it was more entertaining.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2004 07:30 PM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

missing alternative for both

Old Post Aug 10th, 2004 08:43 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Please explain what you mean by that? I already have the title of the thread listed that they BOTH sucked. confused

Old Post Aug 10th, 2004 08:47 PM
MissesDepp?!
Creature of the night...

or, maybe they should have just stuck with ONE rocky.. sure rocky 2&3 were good but they couldn't have made such sucky movies as 4&5 if they had just stopped at one. I really don't see how a movie about a dumb boxer is all that good. Yeah, the first one was GREAT but did they need any others?!

Curiouser and Curiouser

Old Post Aug 10th, 2004 09:30 PM
MissesDepp?! is currently offline Click here to Send MissesDepp?! a Private Message Find more posts by MissesDepp?! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

personally i loved every rocky..didnt think it was nessescary for a 5th one though...rocky 4 was fantistic!!! killer soundtrack with a class fight scene at the end
i love the song theres no easy way out!

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Aug 10th, 2004 09:50 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

quote:
Originally posted by MissesDepp?!
or, maybe they should have just stuck with ONE rocky.. sure rocky 2&3 were good but they couldn't have made such sucky movies as 4&5 if they had just stopped at one. I really don't see how a movie about a dumb boxer is all that good. Yeah, the first one was GREAT but did they need any others?!

Yeah I tend to agree but thats hollywood for you these days.It all started around in the 70's that anytime a movie was a huge success at the box office,they felt the need to make a sequel.Even though I liked 2 and 3,it would not have killed me if they had just made one because the second one is not as good and even though I liked 3 a lot better than 2,its not as good as the first so I have to agree with you.Damn I cant believe only one person agrees with me that four really sucked so badly and cant see how awful that movie really was. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Last edited by Mr Parker on Aug 10th, 2004 at 11:01 PM

Old Post Aug 10th, 2004 10:59 PM
el_barto
I'm So Bored With the USA

4 & 5 just sucked, end of story

You Call This a New Way of Thinking? I Call This Regression to Ignorance.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2004 01:04 AM
el_barto is currently offline Click here to Send el_barto a Private Message Find more posts by el_barto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

I hated Rocky 5 but I thought Rock 4 was the best in the series erm

Days until new season of CSI:26

Old Post Aug 11th, 2004 01:45 AM
Stormy Day is currently offline Click here to Send Stormy Day a Private Message Find more posts by Stormy Day Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zerosparx

I didnt like Rocky 4 mostly because I thought that there were more gimmicks in it to get people to see it, the robot, the big brama bull in the first match and other things. Rocky 5 isnt much improvement either since by that time the series is tired all together. The Rocky series like others that Iv noticed progressively get worse even though the originals are some of my favorites such as Jaws and Alien (though Alien is debatable, sometimes I think the first is better than the second, sometimes not but 3+4 were just to tired to do any good). All in all, both movies suck but I feel 5 is better because they tried something different........even though it sucked........

Old Post Aug 11th, 2004 02:43 AM
Zerosparx is currently offline Click here to Send Zerosparx a Private Message Find more posts by Zerosparx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Rocky five was overly garbage, Yeah it was a neat way to show how Rocky came from nothing and then went back to nothing, but everything in between was just silly. Rocky four was okay, and i kow it is the favorited amongst many rocky fans, and i have no idea how youthink Rocky four is worse than rocky 3. Rocky 3 was GOD awful. Fu*ckin thunderlips? MR.T it sounds like a circus. Four had a great villian and cool inspiration

Old Post Aug 11th, 2004 09:23 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote