KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Greatest Heist in A Movie

Greatest Heist in A Movie
Started by: BloomBabyGirl

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BloomBabyGirl
Bond....James Bond

Greatest Heist in A Movie

im not talkin like small robbery im talkin oceans 11 the italian job robberys. the most well xsecuted 1's. what is your best?

bitches bow down

Old Post Aug 10th, 2004 06:10 PM
BloomBabyGirl is currently offline Click here to Send BloomBabyGirl a Private Message Find more posts by BloomBabyGirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roundisfunny

Some recent ones that come to mind are "The Score", "Heist" and "The Italian Job". Even if the movies themselves weren't up to scratch, the heists therein were generally pretty clever.

Also: "The Heist" (1989) and "The Killing", both about racetrack robberies. Plus, "The Thomas Crown Affair" and most movies from this era about con-men, like "Matchstick Men" and "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels".

But then, you asked which was best, didn't you? Okay, I'll say David Mamet's "Heist". Feel free to disagree; they each have their merits, but I had to choose one, so....

Raising Arizona, 1987

Old Post Aug 10th, 2004 11:03 PM
roundisfunny is currently offline Click here to Send roundisfunny a Private Message Find more posts by roundisfunny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Terran

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels isn't a heist flick, Stupid, its a con artist flick. And just so you kids know, the first heist flick was the 1950 John Huston film THE ASPHALT JUNGLE. Later films in this Ouevre were Stanley Kubrick's THE KILLING, GAMBIT starring Michael Caine and Shirley MacLaine, WHO'S MINDING THE MINT, THUNDERBOLT AND LIGHTFOOT, BONNIE AND CLYDE, KELLY'S HEROES, THE THOMAS CROWN AFFAIR with Steve MacQueen, THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLY with Clint Eastwood etc etc etc

Old Post Aug 13th, 2004 07:58 PM
Terran is currently offline Click here to Send Terran a Private Message Find more posts by Terran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moonwalker741
1039-Smoothed

wow thats alot of caps...

i dont know if this is the greatest heist movie, but my favorite is oceans eleven smile

Old Post Aug 13th, 2004 07:59 PM
moonwalker741 is currently offline Click here to Send moonwalker741 a Private Message Find more posts by moonwalker741 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

I dunno about the best. But the worst has to be Analyze That. That movie sucked!

Old Post Aug 13th, 2004 08:02 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Terran
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels isn't a heist flick, Stupid, its a con artist flick. And just so you kids know, the first heist flick was the 1950 John Huston film THE ASPHALT JUNGLE. Later films in this Ouevre were Stanley Kubrick's THE KILLING, GAMBIT starring Michael Caine and Shirley MacLaine, WHO'S MINDING THE MINT, THUNDERBOLT AND LIGHTFOOT, BONNIE AND CLYDE, KELLY'S HEROES, THE THOMAS CROWN AFFAIR with Steve MacQueen, THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLY with Clint Eastwood etc etc etc

He didn't say Dirty Rotten Scoundrels was a heist flick, stupid, he said it was about con-men. Also, I wouldn't count "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" as a heist flick. They were simply told where to dig up the treasure. It never said they were stealing the gold and hense, not a heist flick, stupid.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2004 11:21 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

One of the best almost pulled of heists was in Heat big grin just because they had M-16 big grin and a lot of them died cool big grin

Old Post Aug 14th, 2004 06:14 AM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cowboyography
Eye Of God

I liked gone is 60 seconds. also that flick where Norton playted the tard.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2004 05:39 PM
Cowboyography is currently offline Click here to Send Cowboyography a Private Message Find more posts by Cowboyography Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

ah Ocean's Eleven was pure class.

Entrapment was a good one, also there was another film with Robert Deniro in it which he is stealing some money from a safe I believe.

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Aug 15th, 2004 02:28 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Italian Job and Thomas Crown Affair are 2 of the most recent that come to my mind.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2004 03:24 PM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
draku

Oceans's eleven is awesome

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 11:49 AM
draku is currently offline Click here to Send draku a Private Message Find more posts by draku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloomBabyGirl
Bond....James Bond

ya but i dont kow how oceans 12 is gonna be

bitches bow down

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 02:45 PM
BloomBabyGirl is currently offline Click here to Send BloomBabyGirl a Private Message Find more posts by BloomBabyGirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

heist flick that come to mind : the italian job, heist, the thomas crown affair, oceans 11, oceans 12, gone in 60 seconds, the score, and matchstick men.

my favorite out of those? oceans 11 (hopefully oceans 12 can change that)

best pulled heist? the score. Why? becasue all along edward norton was trying to trick deniro and up until the end u thought he was, but robert deniro proved that he was definitely the man by the end of the film.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 04:39 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bornwild2152

oceans 11 was good and there coming out with oceans 12 i can't wait. The Matchmaker had a pretty good con.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2004 12:14 AM
Bornwild2152 is currently offline Click here to Send Bornwild2152 a Private Message Find more posts by Bornwild2152 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

Resevoir Dogs

Old Post Sep 11th, 2004 12:46 AM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaribbeanLove
Queen of the Caribbean

Love ...

Oceans eleven! No doubt! I love it!

Old Post Jan 29th, 2005 06:18 PM
CaribbeanLove is currently offline Click here to Send CaribbeanLove a Private Message Find more posts by CaribbeanLove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maverick2364
Jedi Master

Ocean's Eleven was my favorite. Complete brilliance in planning and executing. Very well done. thumb up

Old Post Jan 29th, 2005 06:23 PM
Maverick2364 is currently offline Click here to Send Maverick2364 a Private Message Find more posts by Maverick2364 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Norma Jean
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ocean's Eleven, Entrapment, The Italian Job

Old Post Jan 29th, 2005 06:25 PM
Norma Jean is currently offline Click here to Send Norma Jean a Private Message Find more posts by Norma Jean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

quote:
Originally posted by Solo
Resevoir Dogs

You're all forgetting possibly the greatest heist film ever.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2005 07:13 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Atomic Rico
Restricted

Account Restricted

If you remember, the heist in Reservoir Dogs turned out to be a failure-but cmon, Mr.Blonde kills everybody in the bank

Banned on Anime Forums and Anime Nation

Last edited by Atomic Rico on Jan 30th, 2005 at 12:01 AM

Old Post Jan 29th, 2005 11:59 PM
Atomic Rico is currently offline Click here to Send Atomic Rico a Private Message Find more posts by Atomic Rico Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote