KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » A Sound of Thunder

A Sound of Thunder
Started by: Shadow_King

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Shadow_King
-

A Sound of Thunder

anyone hear about this movie it seems intresting with edward burns and ben kingsley. here is the online synopsis.

In the not too distant future, scientist Travis Ryer finances his research in the potentials of time travel technology by leading expeditions of burned-out billionaires who pay thousands of dollars for the opportunity to hunt extinct creatures of the past.

These hunts are fairly routine, however, one afternoon their guns malfunction, and the team barely makes it back alive. When Travis returns to the past the following day, the time portal computer, TAMI, is gong haywire - volcanoes are exploding, and dinosaurs are dying. Then when Travis returns to the present, he discovers other more ominous signs that something is amiss: Files are missing from his computer, the weather has turned strange, and strange plant life is sprouting up around New York City. Travis suspects that somehow he and his team must have corrupted the timeline.
This belief is confirmed when Travis tracks down Allison, the inventor of modern time travel, just as a ‘Time Wave’ rolls through New York city. Instantly, swarms of bugs overwhelm New York. Whole buildings disappear. People cease to exist. Enlisting Allison’s help, Travis deduces that one of the self-indulgent billionaires must have brought a butterfly back from the past, despite dire warnings against this.

This butterfly must have been an ecological hinge point, Travis surmises, and now the current ecosystem is in jeopardy. Humanity may cease to exist. Travis, Allison and their team set out across a New York landscape now rife with thick jungle and dangerous, never-before-seen predators, determined to track down the stolen butterfly. Once found, they must bring it back to the cretaceous period before the last time wave hits, and man’s mark is forever swept from the face of the Earth.

the synopsis makes this movie seem intresting. but this could be another day after tommorrow film where it seems good on paper but movies its bad. i would like to hear your views on this movie.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2004 05:37 PM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spitback
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah it does sound good

15 months untill a big hard kick in the nuts up top family guy below a screenshots of big hard kick in the nuts.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2004 07:11 PM
Spitback is currently offline Click here to Send Spitback a Private Message Find more posts by Spitback Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amity75

I read the short story by Ray Bradbury, it's really good, you should check it out. In it one of the hunters accidentally stands on a butterfly and kills it and it totally f*cks up time.

Post in the Indiana Jones forum.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2004 09:57 PM
amity75 is currently offline Click here to Send amity75 a Private Message Find more posts by amity75 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roundisfunny

I remember reading that in high school, and being a little jostled by the aspect of time travel in every such book and movie I've seen since. Also, that storyline was used in an episode of "The Simpsons"; "Treehouse of Horror V", to be exact.

Raising Arizona, 1987

Old Post Aug 12th, 2004 10:49 PM
roundisfunny is currently offline Click here to Send roundisfunny a Private Message Find more posts by roundisfunny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

yea its like the simpson episode.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2004 02:09 AM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

I just watched it last night and it actually isn't that bad, maybe the graphics weren't the best and you could tell when computer graphics were used, but it wasn't bad over all, I recommend it.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Jan 6th, 2007 11:37 PM
General G is currently offline Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

I don't. Worst CGI ever.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2007 11:41 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

I never saw it, I like the short story too much

Old Post Jan 6th, 2007 11:42 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
heru

I've seen it a few times, because I like it that much. I'll recommend it to those who like sci fi movies

Old Post Jan 7th, 2007 12:17 AM
heru is currently offline Click here to Send heru a Private Message Find more posts by heru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

Eh, it was okay. Read the story though, worlds better.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2007 01:14 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote