KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Frighteners, a very underrated film.

The Frighteners, a very underrated film.
Started by: sonofasaiyan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
sonofasaiyan
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Frighteners, a very underrated film.

I love Michael J. Fox in the frighteners. It was suspensful, disturbing and hilarious at the appropriate times. The movie had a great premise and an interesting story. It was centered around Frank Bannister (Michael J. Fox) a man who's makes a living of the dead. His wife died 6 years earlier in a crash but, he survived. Frank is kind of paranormal detective, kinda. He has the ability to see ectoplasmic beings who still wander the earth and uses this to his advantage. They work for him haunting homes. He his town's eccentric and is treated as such by pretty much everyone, except the beautiful Lucy Lynskey (Trini Alvarado). Frank then starts seeing numbers etched in the foreheads of people. Frank must then figure what's going on and stop a phantom figure donning a sickle from kill these innocents. It was a real sleeper hit and was deserving of so much more than it got.yes

If we keep pushing technology, eventually it will push back.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2004 09:20 PM
sonofasaiyan is currently offline Click here to Send sonofasaiyan a Private Message Find more posts by sonofasaiyan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

I love this movie.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2004 09:21 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

It's great - back before Peter Jackson turned to shit and forgot how to use actors.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2004 09:24 PM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Not a LOTR fan Z?

Old Post Aug 17th, 2004 09:51 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

quote:
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Not a LOTR fan Z?

You picking up on that eh? And I thought I hid it so well....

Old Post Aug 17th, 2004 09:54 PM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Zero
It's great - back before Peter Jackson turned to shit and forgot how to use actors.

So you think Lotr had poor acting?

Old Post Aug 17th, 2004 10:23 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sonofasaiyan
Restricted

Account Restricted

See, this a major issue on this site to I wanted honor an excellent film but people ruin it ^^^^see!!!!mad

Old Post Aug 17th, 2004 10:26 PM
sonofasaiyan is currently offline Click here to Send sonofasaiyan a Private Message Find more posts by sonofasaiyan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

quote:
Originally posted by sonofasaiyan
See, this a major issue on this site to I wanted honor an excellent film but people ruin it ^^^^see!!!!mad

Another major issue is that your sig pic is making me dry heave.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2004 10:39 PM
sonofasaiyan
Restricted

Account Restricted

Your avatar does that to me. sick

Old Post Aug 17th, 2004 10:52 PM
roundisfunny

Oh yea wel yer dumlol

I didn't like "The Frighteners" when it debuted, but that's probably because I was expecting more from R. Lee Ermey, whom I practically worshipped at that time.

A friend loaned me a videotape of it several months ago, though, and I was able to appreciate it a little more. Frankly, I don't see why there's such a big fuss about Peter Jackson directing it (for better or worse); there doesn't seem to be anything particularly "Jackson-esque" about the production.

Raising Arizona, 1987

Old Post Aug 17th, 2004 11:21 PM
roundisfunny is currently offline Click here to Send roundisfunny a Private Message Find more posts by roundisfunny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

quote:
Originally posted by roundisfunny
I was expecting more from R. Lee Ermey, whom I practically worshipped at that time

See - now your scaring me.

I think it's only a "big deal" that jackson directed it because it was the last of the "peter jackson" movies before he went Hollywood and died.

It's quirky, funny, bleak and slightly disturbing - very jackson-esque if ya ask me.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 01:14 AM
sonofasaiyan
Restricted

Account Restricted

no expression

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 07:16 PM
Deano

the frighteners is a class film....i especially love the blue oyster cult song at the end of the film smile

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 08:54 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote