KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » King Arthur Vs Alexander

King Arthur Vs Alexander
Started by: trav6612

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
trav6612
She is Hot

King Arthur Vs Alexander

I really enjoyed this movie it was good. Action packed war but not to gory. Plus Keira Knightley is hot, but what does anyone else think about it? How do you think it will compare to say Alexander?

Old Post Aug 20th, 2004 10:06 PM
trav6612 is currently offline Click here to Send trav6612 a Private Message Find more posts by trav6612 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well since they are totally different stories overall, and in film making style, who knows.

But Alexander has the added bonus of Angelina Jolie smile

I really actually enjoyed King Arthur, fun movie with a beautiful score by Hans Zimmer.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2004 10:35 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

King Arthur takes the cake as worst movie of the year.

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Aug 20th, 2004 10:40 PM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why do you think it as worst of the year? yeah the acting is mediocre in places, but apart from that...?

Old Post Aug 20th, 2004 10:47 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

catwomen is far worse.. i imagine alexander will be better.. howeve after studying a lot of greek history i might not like it much if its not too accurate

Old Post Aug 20th, 2004 11:09 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

If people want to see spectacle and drama they should make a movie about Thermopoli 700 Greeks against 200,000 Persians.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2004 11:39 PM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

and more importantly when it came down to 300 spartans fighting to thier death giving the rest time to retreat and prepare

Old Post Aug 20th, 2004 11:51 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Major Knight
Nothin Better then Knight

quote:
Originally posted by MildPossession
Well since they are totally different stories overall, and in film making style, who knows.

I really actually enjoyed King Arthur, fun movie with a beautiful score by Hans Zimmer.
wow you and the other are the only 2 plp i have ever seen say good things about king arthur.

dont mind my poor grammer skills. I still can make a point.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2004 12:28 AM
Major Knight is currently offline Click here to Send Major Knight a Private Message Find more posts by Major Knight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I see good in most movies, I rarely say a movie is extremely horrible.

If there are a few things in a film I like, it's very hard for me to dislike it.

King Arthur I thought was fun, not brilliant, fun.

My friend loved it, interested in the stories of King Arthur, and he was very happy with how they made the movie.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2004 04:06 PM
dAgEnIuS

King Arthur is faaar more better
rock

"Cool" Luke: SAY WHAAAA~~!!#@!%^

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2004 06:01 AM
dAgEnIuS is currently offline Click here to Send dAgEnIuS a Private Message Find more posts by dAgEnIuS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by trav6612
Action packed war..

Did you see the same "King Awful" as me? I saw 3 cliched, slow motion, boring "battle" scenes.

"Hey everybody! Lets break some ice so we don't have to fight!" (please log in to view the image)

quote:

Given her latest string of "hits" in "Taking Lives", "Tomb Raider: Cradle of Life", "Beyond Borders", and "Original Sin", this is far from a bonus. It's more like a demerit.

quote:
Why do you think it as worst of the year? yeah the acting is mediocre in places, but apart from that...?

The whole movie was less than mediocre, IMO. It was like "Lord of the Rings Lite". It was very cliched. A bunch of brutish warriors, an opening, middle, and end battle with a bunch of boring filler dialogue in the middle.

Glad someone enjoyed it. Atleast there won't be a sequel.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2004 05:39 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Any film Angelina Jolie is in she is good, if it's a bad movie like the ones you mentioned, it's always made less painful to watch because she is in it.

Again, it's a bonus that she is in Alexander. smile

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2004 06:01 PM
jinXed by JaNx

If these two movies were playing at the same time, and i had to pick one to see,knowing nothing about the king arthur or alexander history/mythology i would choose Alexander. there are simple reasons that alexander will be a far better movie, This is an experienced renowned director. The filmakers are not trying to be groundbreaking, or artistic through a modern feel.This aspect is'nt always a bad thing, i am all for being creative and innovative, but this formula usually always mixes well with period peices. Alexander is an actual character and not an accepted myth.

I am not saying that alexander will be a good movie, i have my doubts amd am not very enthralled to see it. I believe the cast in this movie is staggeringly overated,but it has a superb director, and with great directing the worst acting can be passed off as good. I bel;ieveKing Arthur had good acting, but unfortunately with a poor script and direction, the movie fell apart disaterously .

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2004 07:57 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
trav6612
She is Hot

yes a film with angelina jolie will definetly spice things up, but i can't believe that many people didn't like King Arthur, I thought it was great. They did a great job with it.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 06:26 PM
trav6612 is currently offline Click here to Send trav6612 a Private Message Find more posts by trav6612 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloomBabyGirl
Bond....James Bond

it was slow and terrible and wasnt even what really happened. ill be dissapointed in Alexander if it ends up being as inacurate as troy adn King athur

bitches bow down

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 06:50 PM
BloomBabyGirl is currently offline Click here to Send BloomBabyGirl a Private Message Find more posts by BloomBabyGirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
trav6612
She is Hot

I thought troy and King Arthur were great, I don't see how it was that bad for you.
Troy- was just awesome and I have to give it up for Brad Pitt, he looked buff.
King Arthur- all i have to say is two words Kiera Knightley. Hottie, she is the angelina jolie for this movie

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 07:37 PM
BloomBabyGirl
Bond....James Bond

i liked troy adn brad pitt eric bana and rlando bloom were all lookin good but it was so off from the iliad it was kinda disaapointing. king arthur was just plain terrible. even keira knightly couldnt save it

bitches bow down

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 07:49 PM
BloomBabyGirl is currently offline Click here to Send BloomBabyGirl a Private Message Find more posts by BloomBabyGirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
trav6612
She is Hot

i guess we didn't see the same king arthur, but they had to make troy shorter so they could keep our attention so changing the film was a must

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 08:37 PM
BloomBabyGirl
Bond....James Bond

no we saw the same...diference is..is didnt go to see keira knightly.

bitches bow down

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 08:40 PM
trav6612
She is Hot

quote:
Originally posted by BloomBabyGirl
no we saw the same...diference is..is didnt go to see keira knightly.

actually i didn't go to see her either, I went to see the movie and I take that as an offense that you would assume that I go to movies for the eye candy. Yes she is very pleasent to the eye but that is not the reason i went to see King Arthur. It was a good movie, yes it was drawn out at times but overall it was a good movie.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 10:10 PM