KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Exactly how many movies are there?

Exactly how many movies are there?
Started by: ragesRemorse

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jinXed by JaNx

Exactly how many movies are there?

I was just wandering how many movies are there? How many movies have been made to date. I mean all of them, even those terrible movies you catch on showtime late at night with no name actors and three dollar special effects. Or even, yeah the skin flicks.

I would guess about 3 million. anyone else?

Old Post Aug 28th, 2004 08:21 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Machete_Guy
Another Basterd

Oh thats a good question. I looked on google but it just comes up with "list of every worst movie in the world" and it also came up with a link to this thread

Old Post Aug 28th, 2004 08:35 AM
Machete_Guy is currently offline Click here to Send Machete_Guy a Private Message Find more posts by Machete_Guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm guessing 12 million

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Aug 29th, 2004 03:27 AM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

I just did a quick count and there are exactly 4 movies.

5 if you count the silent era.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2004 03:30 AM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

I'm guessing 3 million

Old Post Aug 29th, 2004 03:33 AM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

5 movies?

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Aug 29th, 2004 03:35 AM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

there prolly isnt a full list out.. theres so many small time independent film makers that get films made but dont really get out much.. like im sure none of you have heard of the film called 18 made a couple years ago

Old Post Aug 29th, 2004 04:25 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

yep there are more movies made that will never be acknowledged by more than a handfull of people, than there are well known movies.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2004 05:16 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Baggins
Another Child of Zion

Re: Exactly how many movies are there?

quote:
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
I was just wandering how many movies are there?

Enough

Old Post Aug 29th, 2004 05:21 AM
Neo Baggins is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Baggins a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Baggins Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fearnix
Piggy

Man i wish i could count higher than ten

Hey Pig Piggy Pig Pig Pig

Old Post Aug 29th, 2004 05:24 AM
Fearnix is currently offline Click here to Send Fearnix a Private Message Find more posts by Fearnix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roundisfunny

The IMDb apparently categorizes them numerically. I looked up 2007 releases, and "Spiderman 3" has the number 413,300 (which I'm prepared to accept as one of the latest additions). If that's anything to go by, it's considerably less than we all suspected, because the IMDb has EVERYTHING, even TV series, right on down to the most obscure of them.

True, they don't have the cable TV show I worked on in college, or any of the short movies I shot on video with friends over the years...but I'd hardly want to count them anyway.

Raising Arizona, 1987

Old Post Aug 31st, 2004 12:11 AM
roundisfunny is currently offline Click here to Send roundisfunny a Private Message Find more posts by roundisfunny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

A million, maybe 4 million at most. erm

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2004 12:38 AM
MC Mike is currently offline Click here to Send MC Mike a Private Message Find more posts by MC Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
G.P
living bank advertisement

quote:
Originally posted by roundisfunny
because the IMDb has EVERYTHING, even TV series, right on down to the most obscure of them.
Even if IMDb has almost all the American works, I seriously doubt it includes every single movie worldwide (think for instance of how many movies Bollywood has produced over the years...)

Last edited by G.P on Aug 31st, 2004 at 12:45 AM

Old Post Aug 31st, 2004 12:41 AM
G.P is currently offline Click here to Send G.P a Private Message Find more posts by G.P Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

^ I agree with G.P on that perspective. If you going to count movies, then you got to include the rest of the world. Plus, don't forget that there a thousands and thousands of films that are lost or remain under restoration and have never been seen in ages.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2004 12:59 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roundisfunny

Good point. I didn't even think about Bollywood (but then, it exists outside my little world, and therefore isn't worth normal consideration). The Hindu population numbers in the hundreds of millions, though, so it must be a pretty lucrative industry.

In fact--where do I sign up?

EDIT: for the record, the IMDb lists more than US features (in fact, I believe its origins are in the UK). But yeah, there have to be many more little-known second- and third-world productions still out of its domain.

Raising Arizona, 1987

Old Post Aug 31st, 2004 01:58 AM
roundisfunny is currently offline Click here to Send roundisfunny a Private Message Find more posts by roundisfunny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote