KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Bernie Mac's First Leading Role - Mr. 3000

Bernie Mac's First Leading Role - Mr. 3000
Started by: JamalMagloire

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JamalMagloire

Bernie Mac's First Leading Role - Mr. 3000

I think he's ready to break out of being part of a supporting cast and show us what he can do with his new film Mr. 3000. I loved him in Kings of Comedy and this seems to be a good role for him. Looks funny!

Old Post Aug 31st, 2004 04:31 PM
JamalMagloire is currently offline Find more posts by JamalMagloire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

looks pretty bad.. dont think i can handle him as a leading role either.. the entire idea of the movie doesnt make sense.. unless he either 1 got hit 3000 in the last game of the season or retired during the middle of the season its highly unlikly to ever finish with exactly 3000 hits.. and then not getting in the hall of fame because of the missing 3... the entire plot is too wack for the movie to be too good.. and in terms of comedy itll never live up to something like office space.. its gonna be bernie mac annoying the audience

Old Post Aug 31st, 2004 05:05 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Not another Mr. Baseball!!! Yuck! even worse that unfunny Bernie Mac is the main character??? As a movie goer and as baseball fan I can see this movie is going to strike OUT!

Old Post Aug 31st, 2004 06:50 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

A disaster in the making.

Days until new season of CSI:26

Old Post Aug 31st, 2004 07:33 PM
Stormy Day is currently offline Click here to Send Stormy Day a Private Message Find more posts by Stormy Day Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JamalMagloire

quote:
Originally posted by WindDancer
Not another Mr. Baseball!!! Yuck! even worse that unfunny Bernie Mac is the main character??? As a movie goer and as baseball fan I can see this movie is going to strike OUT!

I think the plot sets up a lot of funny scenarios and why are you comparing the film to Mr. Baseball when they have nothing in common besides baseball?

Baseball has a huge appeal plus, Kings of Comedy took in 38m and that was a stand-up comdey film, Mac has a strong backing and will bring a wide audience.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 09:15 PM
JamalMagloire is currently offline Find more posts by JamalMagloire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

Re: Bernie Mac's First Leading Role - Mr. 3000

quote:
Originally posted by JamalMagloire
I think he's ready to break out of being part of a supporting cast and show us what he can do with his new film Mr. 3000. I loved him in Kings of Comedy and this seems to be a good role for him. Looks funny!

I'm going to give this the
code:
Worst Movie Of The Year
tag for now, I agree with forum crew it looks horrible.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 10:07 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloomBabyGirl
Bond....James Bond

i dont know what yall is talkin bout. bernie mack is hilarious. hes good in oceans 11 and his show is funny. much as i hate baseball(BORING. how can it even be considered a sport? half the guys there have beer bellies) i might go see this cuz bernie could make it worthwhile. hopefully tho, this will be the last base ball movie ever made

bitches bow down

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 11:01 PM
BloomBabyGirl is currently offline Click here to Send BloomBabyGirl a Private Message Find more posts by BloomBabyGirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

quote:
Originally posted by BloomBabyGirl
i dont know what yall is talkin bout. bernie mack is hilarious. hes good in oceans 11 and his show is funny. much as i hate baseball(BORING. how can it even be considered a sport? half the guys there have beer bellies) i might go see this cuz bernie could make it worthwhile. hopefully tho, this will be the last base ball movie ever made

No, No, and he had the smallest part in Oceans Eleven. He's probably the least funny celebrity ever.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 12:33 AM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:

Kings of Comedy took in 38m and that was a stand-up comdey film, Mac has a strong backing and will bring a wide audience.

After "Head of State", "Johnson Family Vacation", and "Love Don't Cost a Thing", the only thing this movie will bring is flak on Mac.

Truth be told, I don't know that baseball is that popular sport amongst African Americans.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 12:56 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

and in oceans he is a side character not the leading man

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 04:32 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

dont we have enough shitty movies by decently funny lcommedians?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 06:07 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Looks bad, real bad.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 06:15 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
I think the plot sets up a lot of funny scenarios and why are you comparing the film to Mr. Baseball when they have nothing in common besides baseball?

Baseball has a huge appeal plus, Kings of Comedy took in 38m and that was a stand-up comdey film, Mac has a strong backing and will bring a wide audience.
No he wont. I'll be suprised if this film makes more than $35m.

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 06:20 AM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Mac is a comedian, not an actor. comedians mostly always make terrible,terrible actors,save a few exceptions.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 07:12 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Good to know I am not the only one that thinks Bernie Mac SUX
I could not believe that FOX replaced the show TITUS (which was brilliant IMHO) with that CRAP The Bernie Mac Show messed

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 12:32 PM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

quote:

I saw the Kings of Comedy video a few days ago. Now to be honest Cedric, Steve Harvey, and the other guy were very comedic and entertaining to watch. But I'm sorry, when Bernie Mac took the stage he blew it. Wasn't funny, the crowd reaction was normal, they weren't laughing much. A few gigles and that was it. Were as the previous 3 had the crowd going wild.

I guess that's why he was the last one of the four. If he would have gotten the first act the crowd would have walked away from the show.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 03:00 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

Am I like the only person that doesn't find Bernie Mac or Cedric the Entertainer funny at all?

I would NEVER put a movie that looks this bad up there with Mr. Baseball. Tom Sellick (sp?) kicks too much ass to ever stoop himself THIS low.

I'd rather castrate myself than pay money to see this movie.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 03:17 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

quote:
Originally posted by Linkalicious
Am I like the only person that doesn't find Bernie Mac or Cedric the Entertainer funny at all?

I would NEVER put a movie that looks this bad up there with Mr. Baseball. Tom Sellick (sp?) kicks too much ass to ever stoop himself THIS low.

I'd rather castrate myself than pay money to see this movie.

No you are not alone

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 05:46 PM
BloomBabyGirl
Bond....James Bond

quote:
Originally posted by forumcrew
and in oceans he is a side character not the leading man

i kno he wasnt big in Oceans but he didnt screw it up or anything

quote:
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction

Truth be told, I don't know that baseball is that popular sport amongst African Americans.

and ya baseball and african americans have never really mixed

bitches bow down

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 07:33 PM
BloomBabyGirl is currently offline Click here to Send BloomBabyGirl a Private Message Find more posts by BloomBabyGirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

African Americans and Baseball never got mixed? Uh-uh.....Ever heard of the Negro Leagues that started in the late 1800's and ended in the 1950's. In the late 50's African Americans were intergrated into what is now known as The MLB (Major League Baseball)

Old Post Sep 4th, 2004 01:11 AM