KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Bride shoulda died?

Bride shoulda died?
Started by: Ronnie Van Zant

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ronnie Van Zant
shotgun shootin REDNECK

Question Bride shoulda died?

Am I the only one who after watchin Vol. 2 thinks that the bride deserved what Bill meant to give her? Personally I think that she had it comin and that Bill and the Deadly Viper assasination squad were in the right. But then again I also held a grudge after she killed GoGo, so maybe its just me.

Whad yall think?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 12:43 AM
Ronnie Van Zant is currently offline Click here to Send Ronnie Van Zant a Private Message Find more posts by Ronnie Van Zant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

Re: Bride shoulda died?

quote:
Originally posted by Ronnie Van Zant
Am I the only one who after watchin Vol. 2 thinks that the bride deserved what Bill meant to give her? Personally I think that she had it comin and that Bill and the Deadly Viper assasination squad were in the right. But then again I also held a grudge after she killed GoGo, so maybe its just me.

Whad yall think?

Know how big of an idiot your sounding like right now?

Bill tried to assassin her only because she ran away from him because she wanted her daughter to have a nice life, and for some freaking reason you think she deserved to die for that. I don't think so.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 01:14 AM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roundisfunny

Bill didn't see it that way, though. He saw it as her stealing his (their) child (at least, that's what he claimed).

Now...he told Beatrix that he just started out looking for the people he thought killed her, and when he found that she had deserted him and was marrying another, he went apesh*t. However, just before he pulled the trigger, he found out that it was his baby. And what does he do? Does he call an ambulance and try to save the child? No. He leaves BB in the womb, and the comatose mother lies on the floor of the chapel for an undetermined length of time until the sheriff realizes she's alive.

Somehow, the baby is saved, and somehow further, Bill is able to take her to South America, where she grows up apparently happy, healthy and well-adjusted.

So...even if Beatrix had all this in mind, she couldn't deny that BB had had a pretty good upbringing up to that point. She is admitting under the truth serum that she wouldn't have been happy as "Mrs. Plimpton, record store employee", so why should she make herself miserable by taking on that role for life (while simultaneously robbing BB of her only parent up to that point? That would HAVE to be pretty traumatic for a kid that age)?

Beatrix, before the fighting began, should have just said, "Bill, I'm sorry...I can see that you're raising her just fine, and I'd like to let bygones be bygones. I've killed enough, and I can come to terms with your trying to kill me for taking your unborn child and running away. Can we have joint custody?" She should also be grateful that Bill saved the child at all (eventually), much less raised her.

Finally, we never saw BB whining about wanting to go home to her mansion and her Daddy while she sat in that crummy motel room. Bill obviously didn't expect to lose the fight, or he would've said something to BB like "You and Mommy might be hurriedly leaving the mansion and hitting the road in the middle of the night, in which case you'll never see me again. Sweet dreams."

Also, what was in the suitcase?

Raising Arizona, 1987

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 04:42 AM
roundisfunny is currently offline Click here to Send roundisfunny a Private Message Find more posts by roundisfunny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bierbommetje

I did feel sorry for Bill when he died.

But I would have felt a lot worse of it was your standard "Live happily ever after" hollywood type ending.

And Kill Bill is a very cool title and a film called Kill Bill in which Bill isnt even killed is just ridiculous.

And the briefcase contains the souls of all of the DiVAS, you can see it glowing as Bea gets up from her chair after killing Bill. That could be a sign of Bill's soul going into the suitcase. You have to look very carefully, cause its only on screen for about a sec.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 01:37 PM
Bierbommetje is currently offline Click here to Send Bierbommetje a Private Message Find more posts by Bierbommetje Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

quote:

Whad yall think?

Errr.... you saying that it was the Bride's fault? Naaah!!! Bill deserve to die. He was a victim of his own wickedness. He deserve to die.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 03:26 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bierbommetje

Re: Re: Bride shoulda died?

quote:
Originally posted by WindDancer
He was a victim of his own wickedness.

I like the sound of that (as in, not the sentence, but in the context).

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 04:39 PM
Bierbommetje is currently offline Click here to Send Bierbommetje a Private Message Find more posts by Bierbommetje Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

quote:
Originally posted by roundisfunny
Beatrix, before the fighting began, should have just said, "Bill, I'm sorry...I can see that you're raising her just fine, and I'd like to let bygones be bygones. I've killed enough, and I can come to terms with your trying to kill me for taking your unborn child and running away. Can we have joint custody?"
Sorry for her wanting to lead a normal life? she didnt want her daughter up in all that blood shed.. bill was afraid of beatrix even though he didnt say it. Thats why he was always 2 steps ahead of her. Thats why he was so "Sweet", as he called it, when she arrived at the house. There would have been no way she would have tried to erase the whole thing and let bygones be bygones, she walked through hell to get there and she was going to finish it one way or the other. Besides.. what fun would it have been if they accepted join custody? blink

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 08:31 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roundisfunny

It would have been a twist, like in "From Dusk 'Till Dawn". Remember, too, that her motivation throughout both films was to kill Bill and the DiVAS, not to find and rescue her daughter. Once she saw that BB was alive and in a good situation, she could have at least tried to patch things up with Bill.

Raising Arizona, 1987

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 10:35 PM
roundisfunny is currently offline Click here to Send roundisfunny a Private Message Find more posts by roundisfunny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BB Kiddo

Suitcase?????? umm explain please lol.
email me or something....

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2004 01:28 AM
BB Kiddo is currently offline Click here to Send BB Kiddo a Private Message Find more posts by BB Kiddo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roundisfunny

Sorry, I meant briefcase. It was meant as a little self-depricating dig for those of us who occasionally over-analyze QT's films.

I'm definitely going to take another look at Vol. 2 tonight, though, and look for that briefcase on the table.

Raising Arizona, 1987

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2004 02:05 AM
Wicked_Wiccan

I am glad she didnt die so there might be vol.3... but it would have been cool to have the bride die then have her daughter try and avenge her death by trying to "kill bill", but also have vernita's daughter want to avenge her moms death by trying to kill beatrix's daughter

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2004 06:57 AM
Wicked_Wiccan is currently offline Click here to Send Wicked_Wiccan a Private Message Find more posts by Wicked_Wiccan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Yassin
Finite

briefcase on a table??? no way i missed that!!!

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2004 05:30 PM
Yassin is currently offline Click here to Send Yassin a Private Message Find more posts by Yassin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

quote:

Whad yall think?

She so should have died! she annoyed me SO MUCH!

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2004 05:48 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ronnie Van Zant
shotgun shootin REDNECK

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2004 06:25 PM
Ronnie Van Zant is currently offline Click here to Send Ronnie Van Zant a Private Message Find more posts by Ronnie Van Zant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

big grin

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2004 06:31 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Yassin
Finite

Short: YES and NO...the people who are a victim of being cheated will say BILL and mostly women who their babies mean the world for them will say Beatrix...that's an assumption,but i'm too tired to type anymore after my "Deadly Viper assassination theories". Byeee

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2004 08:53 PM
Yassin is currently offline Click here to Send Yassin a Private Message Find more posts by Yassin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

quote:
Originally posted by roundisfunny
It would have been a twist, like in "From Dusk 'Till Dawn". Remember, too, that her motivation throughout both films was to kill Bill and the DiVAS, not to find and rescue her daughter. Once she saw that BB was alive and in a good situation, she could have at least tried to patch things up with Bill.
well technically he 'stole' her daughter and tried to use it as blackmail at the very last moment. She sorta faltered her will to go on after seeing her daughter but she definately had to lay out her final ass kickin'

QT can also do a spinoff between vernita greens daughter / bb and beatrix if he really wanted to... sounds like a good fightin time to me O_o
*doorbell rings* *opens it* *fist comes through door* angel

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Last edited by SaTsuJiN on Sep 3rd, 2004 at 09:28 PM

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2004 09:25 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

the bride died like four time through out the film. I dont think she needed to die considering that.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2004 10:01 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ronnie Van Zant
shotgun shootin REDNECK

ok, WTF

Old Post Sep 4th, 2004 03:56 AM
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

well you live by the sword you die by the sword, i guess bill had accepted that

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Sep 4th, 2004 11:14 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote