KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » John Carpenter's Escape from L.A.

John Carpenter's Escape from L.A.
Started by: Napalm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Napalm
Mr. Hyde

John Carpenter's Escape from L.A.

Have you seen this movie? I think it an awsome movie it reminds me of "Mad Max" I was a little disappointed at the ending but it was still good.

Bud list SlipknoT,42bardock,Freddy love,Similing Sadly,Mr Parker, Jackie Malfoy,Aku

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 02:49 PM
Napalm is currently offline Click here to Send Napalm a Private Message Find more posts by Napalm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I liked the pace of the movie and seeing snake on scren again, but this was the only good thing about the movie. To over the top,and poor action.I actually liked the ending, it was one of the few scenes i did like. Doesnt compare to New York.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 05:47 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

I think this movie was a complete and utter waste of film. I was horrified the first time I watched this film....The acting was pretty crappy, the premise was terrible, and the action....was crap.

Come'on now...Surfing on the 405 freeway? Gladiator death games at the collesium was kinda cool. But the whole story was crap...

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 05:52 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

ugh... It cant touch escape from new york

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 06:15 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Napalm
Mr. Hyde

Yeah the snake movies are some of my faviourite movies ever

Bud list SlipknoT,42bardock,Freddy love,Similing Sadly,Mr Parker, Jackie Malfoy,Aku

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 06:39 PM
Napalm is currently offline Click here to Send Napalm a Private Message Find more posts by Napalm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

A total disappointment. Snake was lame on this one. Some scenes (like the surfing part) were dull. Even worse the basketball scene seen straight out of Michael Jordan commercial. Watch it only if you're a fan of the original if not don't waste your time. I highly recomend the orginal over the sequel. thumb down

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 07:13 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roundisfunny

I think they just took it out of the oven a few years too early, like the "Blues Brothers" sequel and countless others.

Raising Arizona, 1987

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 10:27 PM
roundisfunny is currently offline Click here to Send roundisfunny a Private Message Find more posts by roundisfunny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

great idea but could of been much better with a bigger budger

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 11:40 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I think what this one lacked was writing. The movie diddnt take itself seriously which is good, but it diddnt even seem like the movie tried at all.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2004 12:57 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roundisfunny

I also didn't care for the overuse of CGI. Even for 1996, it was too much. A bunch of us saw it at the theater, and the film kept breaking. Since we all were being let down by the film itself anyway, the whole place eventually broke down into anarchy. Everyone was shouting at the screen and making fun of the movie. It was like RHPS or MST3K; a pretty fun evening for being such a substandard film.

Raising Arizona, 1987

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2004 01:41 AM
roundisfunny is currently offline Click here to Send roundisfunny a Private Message Find more posts by roundisfunny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

quote:
Originally posted by dean7879
great idea but could of been much better with a bigger budger

Agreed. Some of the writing you can tell blew bad. And the cgi was also horrible.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2004 01:51 AM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Aww my God. The CGI were shitty even for 96. Yeah, the surfing scene was horrid looking, but the scnes that were even more terribly fake looking was the scene when they were hangliding into battle. aww,my God that was awful.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2004 01:53 AM
Solo

quote:
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Aww my God. The CGI were shitty even for 96. Yeah, the surfing scene was horrid looking, but the scnes that were even more terribly fake looking was the scene when they were hangliding into battle. aww,my God that was awful.

That's exactly what I was visioning, that idiotic hangliding scene with Buscemi.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2004 01:56 AM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roundisfunny

When we saw them zooming in on hang gliders, we all said "Ah-EEE-ahhh", mimicking the battle cry the Ewoks made when they attacked the stormtroopers with their makeshift gliders.

Raising Arizona, 1987

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2004 02:00 AM
jinXed by JaNx

who knew them Ewoks could be movie critics.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2004 02:45 AM
Mighty Yoda
The all Mighty One

escape from L.A is a classic film. I just need escape from New York

love*Sxc_Sarah*love

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2004 10:31 AM
Mighty Yoda is currently offline Click here to Send Mighty Yoda a Private Message Find more posts by Mighty Yoda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidRock

the movie was great!

Old Post Sep 5th, 2004 07:01 AM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

ahh yeah it is defenantly a great B movie, or a good ol classic cheese film to watch with some friends. I think escape from L.A was more like big trouble in little China than a sequal to new york. However, when you got kurt russel, and this was back when carpenter was in posistion of getting a decent budget behind his name, there should have been more than just corny ass cheese. I dont care how good you are at making Good B movies, One every ounce in a while is cool, thats nice to say that your not taking yourself to seriously, but i prefer a decent Great movie over a master B flick anyday. And carpenter has been producing only B flicks anymore, why cant he make any more good new movies,instead of killing great classics, with shitty sequals? .

Old Post Sep 5th, 2004 10:03 AM