KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Un chien andalou (1929) [ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!]

Un chien andalou (1929) [ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!]
Started by: MF D00m

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
D00m
Smackrobiotic

Un chien andalou (1929) [ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!]

Has anybody seen this french film??? It's insane. Here's a clip from the movie:

(please log in to view the image)

This is Hip-Hop: A Tribe Called Quest / Big Daddy Kane / De La Soul / Common Sense / Organized Konfusion / Eric B. & Rakim / Marley Marl / The Pharcyde / Public Enemy / Boogie Down Productions / EPMD / Kool G Rap / Brand Nubian / Grandmaster Flash and The Furious 5 / NWA / Main Source / KMD / Farm Fresh / Wu-Tang / Gang Starr / Cormega / Freestyle Fellowship / Pete Rock & CL Smooth / Juice Crew / KRS-One / The Roots / Ultramagnetic MC's / Jungle Brothers / Blackalicious / John Smith / MF Doom / El-P / Supastition / mcenroe / Qwel / Cannibal Ox / Madlib / Company Flow / Black Star / Mr. Lif / Brother Ali / J-Live / O.C. / Count Bass D / I Self Devine

Old Post Sep 13th, 2004 02:50 AM
D00m is currently offline Click here to Send D00m a Private Message Find more posts by D00m Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yep, I saw it when I did film studies at college. Great bit of surrealism.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2004 03:42 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dario Argento
Master of Horror

Yes.. Luis Boñuels fist film. He made it together with Dalì.

Boñuel is one of my favorite directors.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2004 04:06 PM
Dario Argento is currently offline Click here to Send Dario Argento a Private Message Find more posts by Dario Argento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dario Argento
Master of Horror

fist = first

Old Post Sep 13th, 2004 08:19 PM
Dario Argento is currently offline Click here to Send Dario Argento a Private Message Find more posts by Dario Argento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Luce

I saw a short part of it. I think it's far ahead of it's time.

"Now I can't have no 'curse' show, I mean I gotta throw in a few jokes in between the curses, I can't come out and go "Hello! Filth flar'n filth, mother****er, dick, pussy, snot, and shit. Good night!"

~Eddie Murphy in 'Raw'

Old Post Sep 13th, 2004 08:45 PM
Luce is currently offline Click here to Send Luce a Private Message Find more posts by Luce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

This is the one that started it all! IMO this is the film that inspired Ruggeto Deodato and Paolo Pasolin, and also Lucio Fulci (the eye scene). Indeed, this film is base on surrealism. Personally, I never had the chance to watch it. But the eye scene is very notirous. Hope this baby comes out on DVD soon. I think is only available in VHS.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2004 09:48 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

may i ask what is it about?

Old Post Sep 13th, 2004 10:30 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I just know very little about the film, but I think Un Chien Andalou is about of seventeen minutes long, and is full of bizarre and surreal images that may or may not mean anything. Or might be symbolic depending on how the viewer interprits the images.

Well, this might sound like a poor example: Remenber the Ring? The VHS tape is full of surreal images, so is kinda like that. A movie about art and extreme gore mixed up with some strange unusual images. Does that help?

Old Post Sep 14th, 2004 04:40 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

yeah, thanks. i was creeped out by that ring tape... i'm curiuos about this one though.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2004 10:37 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

Being a huge admirer of DADA and the surrealist movement this little movie floated my boat. (Along with L’Age d’Or) You just can't undervalue the impact of these films.

I've never seen it on DVD - but a Luis Buñuel Box Set did get released last month at the same time as Godard & Renoir.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2004 11:22 AM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dario Argento
Master of Horror

I saw they were releasing those box sets a couple of months ago, but I never found out if they were any good. Do you know anything about the tranfer and the extras?

Old Post Sep 19th, 2004 11:48 AM
The Redeemer

Re: Un chien andalou (1929) [ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!]

quote:
Originally posted by MF D00m
Has anybody seen this french film??? It's insane. Here's a clip from the movie:

(please log in to view the image)

Ah...the infamous scene! A cows eye was used for the slice IIRC...

Peter Gabriel - SLEDGEHAMMER.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2004 04:14 PM
The Redeemer is currently offline Click here to Send The Redeemer a Private Message Find more posts by The Redeemer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaleanae

I have that clip!!!
I just have seen that part, they opened a door, the man enters and cuts the eye.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2004 04:31 PM
Kaleanae is currently offline Click here to Send Kaleanae a Private Message Find more posts by Kaleanae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote