KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Machinist

The Machinist
Started by: Myth

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

The Machinist

Watch the trailer for this, it looks good. It reminds me of a suspense/thriller version of Memento. Not that it goes backwards or he has a memory problem, but because he has clues that he is trying to piece together leading him to different people.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2004 03:57 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shaolin Monk
Tech Junkie

did you end up seeing it? I just heard of it today, and thought I would check into it. All I know is that the main character suffers from insomnia...

<`Syntax> iListen to pink floyd: wall.modify(numBricks++);

Old Post Nov 7th, 2004 07:35 PM
Shaolin Monk is currently offline Click here to Send Shaolin Monk a Private Message Find more posts by Shaolin Monk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shaolin Monk
Tech Junkie

Well I watched it yesterday. It seemed like a mix of Fight Club and Memento. I can't believe Christian Bale lost all that weight for the movie!

Old Post Nov 13th, 2004 06:37 PM
Shaolin Monk is currently offline Click here to Send Shaolin Monk a Private Message Find more posts by Shaolin Monk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I wanted to see it but there wasn't a theater within an hour drive that had it. I guess I'll try to find it when it comes out on DVD. I was pissed off.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2004 08:48 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Browncoat

quote:
Originally posted by Shaolin Monk
Well I watched it yesterday. It seemed like a mix of Fight Club and Memento. I can't believe Christian Bale lost all that weight for the movie!

Tell me about it! That doesn't seem right to me -- jeopardizing your health that way just to play a movie role.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2004 10:04 PM
Browncoat is currently offline Click here to Send Browncoat a Private Message Find more posts by Browncoat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shaolin Monk
Tech Junkie

quote:
Originally posted by Browncoat
Tell me about it! That doesn't seem right to me -- jeopardizing your health that way just to play a movie role.

Yep. I guess he wanted to lose more than what he did, but they wouldn't let him. He said that losing another 15 pounds wouldn't have been an issue, and he would gladly have done it...fock that!!

Old Post Nov 13th, 2004 11:40 PM
scott hiwersh

I thought it was great, not Oscar worthy, but worth seeing in the theater

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 06:58 PM
scott hiwersh is currently offline Find more posts by scott hiwersh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Looks like Oregon theaters are going to start showing this. One showing is in Portland but I don't have time this weekend and a Portland drive isn't necessarily conveniant for me in the middle of the week.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2004 03:20 AM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

DVD dropped today (Tuesday) and I did a blind buy. Good move on my part, Alison and I watched it and she mentioned I could have seen it once and that be that.

Bullshit. Owning Christian Bale's performance in that movie was worth the $20. He never ceases to amaze me, and that's why he's one of my favorite actors.

"The Machinist", in a nutshell, chronicles the unraveling of Trevor Reznik's sanity, following an accident on the job. We learn this isn't the first time Reznik's endured personal tragedy, the likes of which have forced himself to find an alternate reality in which he finds solace, making things right. However, not far behind are his regrets, which take human form, and tag along throughout the movie.

There's a lot of "Fight Club" comparisons, I know, and the same can be said for movies like "Identity" and "Secret Window" as well, and as quickly as you may have caught onto this movie, IMO, none of those were as effective or heartfelt as this one, thanks entirely to Christian Bale. One of the best indies I've ever seen, and a very solid, through study of the human psyche pertaining to regret and how we learn to cope with it.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 05:03 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Machinist is excellent, still wasn't thinking much Fight Club or Memento when watching it though, it reminded me of David Lynch style more.

Bale was fabulous.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 10:17 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morpheus
The Gospel R3L0AD3D

raver I will be buying this raver

She doesn't quite chop your head off. She makes a Pez dispenser out of you.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2005 12:09 AM
Morpheus is currently offline Click here to Send Morpheus a Private Message Find more posts by Morpheus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eternalsunshine

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Browncoat

Somethings are just worth it. I'd do it for a great role.

I just finished wathcing this movie about fifteen minutes ago. I thought it was extremely well done. Great acting on Christian's part as usual. I thought it was put together so well.

Attachment: machinist.jpg
This has been downloaded 68 time(s).

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 01:07 AM
eternalsunshine is currently offline Click here to Send eternalsunshine a Private Message Find more posts by eternalsunshine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eternalsunshine

from that to this

Attachment: christian bal.jpg
This has been downloaded 64 time(s).

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 01:07 AM
eternalsunshine is currently offline Click here to Send eternalsunshine a Private Message Find more posts by eternalsunshine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think this picture of him from the film is rather brilliant, lighting is fabulous.

Attachment: machinist.jpg
This has been downloaded 61 time(s).

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 12:36 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Christian Bale is an awesome actor and I simply want to see the movie because he's in it.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 03:14 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bakerboy

The movie is amazing and Christan Bale do an amazing job in it. Its a must see movie.

John Lennon, Musical genius of all time

Helen Mirren and Julie Christie , most lovely british actresses of all time.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 03:32 PM
bakerboy is currently offline Click here to Send bakerboy a Private Message Find more posts by bakerboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kram3r

Saw this movie about a week ago to see if christian Bale was a good actor before I saw batman and he definitely was, 'Batman Begins' was a great movie. So was 'The Machinist'.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2005 02:52 AM
Kram3r is currently offline Click here to Send Kram3r a Private Message Find more posts by Kram3r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

All you need to know about this movie is that the style and Christian Bale are second to none in it. Some of the storyline was a little rehashed from other films of the type such as Memento or Vanilla Sky or Fight Club, but overall a good solid film.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 04:17 AM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I watched it tonight and really liked it. Not really what I expected but still really good and I look forward to owning it soon. However, I did not like that one actor that looks like a big toothed white Morpheus.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 05:13 AM
cal31
Let's Win Twins

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Myth
However, I did not like that one actor that looks like a big toothed white Morpheus.
Lol, same here. I really did think it was Lawrence Fishburne at first, it was scary.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 06:33 AM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote