KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Looking for a movie title

Looking for a movie title
Started by: Zanthor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zanthor

Looking for a movie title

I don't know about anyone else but there is nothing worse then thinking about a movie but not being able to remember the title. It is driving me nuts. Especially since I don't know when the movie came out or who any of the actors were. I have a good handle on the story line. Maybe someone will be able to come up with the name. I have been searching with key words on google but nothing has come up. Anyway here goes..

The movie is probably from the 70's maybe 80's A man is suckered into sacrificing himself in place of a woman who is supposedly trying to leave a witches coven. Of course everything leading up to the meeting and everything that follows is designed to get him to fall for her. Thus he'll sacrifice his own life willingly to save her. The other witches and warlocks attack them making the bond even stronger. It all culminates during the summer solstice, around a bon fire down by the ocean where it is revealed that some of his supposed friends, the woman and half the people he is in contact with are actually part of this group. Including the cops that come to investigate. I think the film ends with them picking their next sacrificial candidate. Any Ideas? Ring a bell for anyone?

Duct tape is like the force; it has a light side and a dark side and holds the universe together.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2004 03:59 AM
Zanthor is currently offline Click here to Send Zanthor a Private Message Find more posts by Zanthor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roundisfunny

Sounds a little like "Blood Sabbath" (1972).

There are cops in this one: "Crowhaven Farm" (1970) (TV)

Raising Arizona, 1987

Old Post Sep 14th, 2004 05:55 AM
roundisfunny is currently offline Click here to Send roundisfunny a Private Message Find more posts by roundisfunny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zanthor

Good suggestions but niether movie is the one I am looking for. No farm involved in it and no power struggle with a queen.

Good looking girl trying to escape the coven. Hides in this guys house which is of course attacked by spells. She forms a circle of protection and they stay there through the night. She eventually gets caught and taken to the hidden Coven house and he attampts to rescue her. Soon there after the end up on the beach and he pledges his life so she doesn't have to die. She turns around with a big smile on hearing what she wanted to hear. His 'best' friend is there also. Then the cops that you think are going to help him throw some robes on and join the circle. I saw this many moons ago. Now if I could just remember the name. I only saw it once on TV. Probably one of the late shows. I loved that everyone was in on it. Except of course the poor guy.

Duct tape is like the force; it has a light side and a dark side and holds the universe together.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2004 06:03 AM
Zanthor is currently offline Click here to Send Zanthor a Private Message Find more posts by Zanthor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zanthor

Bump... Any Ideas?

Old Post Sep 16th, 2004 12:38 PM
Zanthor

I found it! It is called Spellbinder.

I would post the link but I guess I am not allowed...

I found it on IMDb.

Thanks to anyone who did any searching.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2004 11:42 PM