KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Duplex

Duplex
Started by: periera

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
periera

Tongue Duplex

Anyone else love this movie?

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2004 02:10 AM
periera is currently offline Click here to Send periera a Private Message Find more posts by periera Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

No. . . no no no.

What in the. ..

Ben Stiller is a rerun star, and Drew Barrymore hasn't made a good movie since "Riding in Cars with Boys". And she probably won't make another good movie. . . . . . . . . . . . . ever.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2004 04:22 AM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
periera

didn't like "50 First Dates" either then?

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2004 04:43 PM
periera is currently offline Click here to Send periera a Private Message Find more posts by periera Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by ToMacco

Drew Barrymore hasn't made a good movie since "Riding in Cars with Boys".

Maybe because she's only done 2 movies in between these 2?

This is a date movie, treat it as such.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2004 05:34 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Yeah, don't go into it expecting some Five star Oscar-calibur picture and you might be pleasantly surprised.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2004 05:47 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Forgot to add, I rented it, and will probably share my thoughts in depth a lil' later tonight.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2004 05:57 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
greyboy

Haven't seen it yet, but will prolly pick it up...

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2004 10:17 PM
greyboy is currently offline Click here to Send greyboy a Private Message Find more posts by greyboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Saw it tonight. It was kinda like "The Money Pit" meets "Driving Ms. Daisy".

Ben Stiller seemed angry throughout the entire movie, so alls I saw was "Mr. Furious" alongside a ditzy "Dylan".

Overall, it wasn't that bad. Not rackworthy, and the rental was only $1. But, hopefully this is one of Danny DeVito's handful of cinematic ventures, because it plays out as if it were written by a high schooler.

SPOILERS.....

The end makes absolutely no sense. When Alex and Nancy were supposed to go up with the new tenants to meet Mrs. Connelly, at first Alex and Nancy refused because they had to get going. Somehow, the new tentants just dissappeared, and they went up anyway.

What was supposed to happen was that the new tenants were the ones in a hurry to leave, with the old tenants left as the ones to say hello, and see that they finally got what they tried so hard to do. Kill her, or so they thought.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2004 07:06 AM
greyboy

I thought it was okay.....didnt blow me away

Old Post Mar 11th, 2004 09:59 PM
greyboy is currently offline Click here to Send greyboy a Private Message Find more posts by greyboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
periera

Yeah, it was a nice little brain candy movie. I was just impressed because all I'd heard about it was how crappy it was and it actually wasn't all that bad.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 12:47 AM
Striel
Delirious and Deluded

I did NOT like this movie. It was one of those annoying ones where everything keeps going wrong. I just wanted it to end.

www.theangrytruth.com

Old Post Mar 13th, 2004 04:58 AM
Striel is currently offline Click here to Send Striel a Private Message Find more posts by Striel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mortanius
Just begin again

I HATE this movie. Just like Striel just said everything just gets worse. Ben and Drew's characters are mentally tortured, lose their jobs, and lose their dream. And this is supposed to a funny movie?

Old Post Oct 7th, 2004 04:43 AM
Mortanius is currently offline Click here to Send Mortanius a Private Message Find more posts by Mortanius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloomBabyGirl
Bond....James Bond

it was ok. loved ben stiller and thats the only reason i rented it. the end was predictable and drew barrymore needs to die

bitches bow down

Old Post Oct 7th, 2004 10:07 PM
BloomBabyGirl is currently offline Click here to Send BloomBabyGirl a Private Message Find more posts by BloomBabyGirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote