KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Galaxy Quest

Galaxy Quest
Started by: darthmaul1813

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darthmaul1813

Smile Galaxy Quest

What do you think of the movie Galaxy Quest and who's your favorite character?

I thought the movie was hilarious! Alan Rickman was great! laughing out loud My other favorite characters are Guy and Fred. big grin I love Sarris too. Gotta love the bad guys. evil face

Predator: What the hell are YOU?

Old Post Sep 17th, 2004 02:47 AM
darthmaul1813 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1813 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1813 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

i thought it was funnay. definitely had its moments.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2004 11:08 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
julibug

Alan Rickman and Tony Shalhoub by far my faves! smile

Old Post Sep 19th, 2004 02:08 PM
julibug is currently offline Click here to Send julibug a Private Message Find more posts by julibug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

About time for Galaxy Quest the Next Generation I think...I'd like to see this movie get a sequel...

Old Post Sep 19th, 2004 02:29 PM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1813

Yeah, me too. *nods*

Predator: What the hell are YOU?

Old Post Sep 19th, 2004 09:19 PM
darthmaul1813 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1813 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1813 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roundisfunny

They even set it up for a sequel at the end, with the "opening credits" for the new TV spinoff. It wasn't "The Next Generation", but "The New Crew" or something.

I have to wonder how much more money Sam Rockwell would want, though, since he's become a bit more well-known since 1999. Maybe they could kill him off in the first ten minutes; he was the red-shirted ensign, after all.

I watched "Scooby-Doo 2" the other night for the first time, and, while I was mostly disappointed, I did enjoy some of the references to the old TV show. Likewise, "Galaxy Quest 2" would have to avoid some of those pitfalls by trying to come up with some fresh gags that mocked "Star Trek" chestnuts, not just re-hashing the same ones from the first movie. Remember "A Very Brady Sequel"? I thought they handled it expertly; in fact, I thought it was better than the original.

But I digress. The sequel could begin with the actors still on top, and their lives being interrupted by another distress call from the octopus-alien people. The brother of the villian they killed (or another evil alien race altogether--it doesn't really matter) is planning an invasion of Earth. Despite everyone's best efforts, the aliens show up and prepare to enslave humanity.

The "Galaxy Quest" fans, led by the actors and that kid from the first one, organize an army of space fighters consisting of all the nerds who play real-time fighting games. The good aliens use their technology to build fighter ships and soldier robots, each controlled from the computer of an individual nerd. After a thrilling battle, the enemy is vanquished, and the computer nerds, heretofore reviled as weaklings, are now seen as heroes (until one of them can't get the lid off of a jar of pickles).

Raising Arizona, 1987

Old Post Sep 20th, 2004 10:59 PM
roundisfunny is currently offline Click here to Send roundisfunny a Private Message Find more posts by roundisfunny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

i think its rather kewl .. tho i have only watched it the once...

Old Post Sep 21st, 2004 06:40 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote