KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Clerks 10 year anniversary = POOP

Clerks 10 year anniversary = POOP
Started by: Mortanius

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mortanius
Just begin again

Miffed Clerks 10 year anniversary = POOP

Kevin Smith thinks that everything that he makes is f*cking gold. First he glorifies Dogma. Now he thinks that Clerks deserves a special anniversary edition? It was just a damn movie! I really didn't even think it was that funny to begin with. I don't mind that some movies derserve to be praised, but what breakthough did this movie make? It's a movie about lazy dumbasses that can't even handle a dead-end job!

How would you like it if I made a movie that wasn't funny and then suddenly 10 years down the line I rereleased it in a leather DVD cover with gold imprinted lettering and added another 30 minutes of BS? Man, it boggles my mind! He's like Kevin Spacey, he MUST have made a deal with the devil or something.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2004 04:28 AM
Mortanius is currently offline Click here to Send Mortanius a Private Message Find more posts by Mortanius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Are you insinuating the Kevin Spacey is a bad actor? You my friend, just lost all credibility. Look, look, there it goes, right down the toilet.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2004 05:22 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Poop goes down toilets.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2004 10:39 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

FACT: You list "The Wraith" and "the fight scenes from The Phantom Menace" amongst your favourite movies - and Homer Simpson and Conan O'Brien are your favourite actors.

MY GUESS: Kevin Smith isn't losing any sleep over what you think about Clerks.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2004 10:47 AM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mortanius
Just begin again

Can you all say "Ba Ba, we're sheep"?

Old Post Sep 19th, 2004 04:30 PM
Mortanius is currently offline Click here to Send Mortanius a Private Message Find more posts by Mortanius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mortanius
Just begin again

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Zero
FACT: You list "The Wraith" and "the fight scenes from The Phantom Menace" amongst your favourite movies - and Homer Simpson and Conan O'Brien are your favourite actors.

MY GUESS: Kevin Smith isn't losing any sleep over what you think about Clerks.

You list masterpieces and cult classics in your favorite movies catagory, yet you defend Kevin Smith and his movies?

I bet anyone of you still can't give me a reason why ANY of his movies are special or unique other that being obnoxious and preachy.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2004 04:39 PM
Dr. Strangelove
The King Stay The King

Re: Clerks 10 year anniversary = POOP

quote:
Originally posted by Mortanius
Kevin Smith thinks that everything that he makes is f*cking gold. First he glorifies Dogma. Now he thinks that Clerks deserves a special anniversary edition? It was just a damn movie! I really didn't even think it was that funny to begin with. I don't mind that some movies derserve to be praised, but what breakthough did this movie make? It's a movie about lazy dumbasses that can't even handle a dead-end job!

How would you like it if I made a movie that wasn't funny and then suddenly 10 years down the line I rereleased it in a leather DVD cover with gold imprinted lettering and added another 30 minutes of BS? Man, it boggles my mind! He's like Kevin Spacey, he MUST have made a deal with the devil or something.

If you don't like the movie that's fine, it's your opinion, but there are lots of Kevin Smith fan's especially for Clerks, that have been waiting for a special edition for Clerks for a while and from what Ive read from reviews it's a really well done DVD. I would be more angry at how Showgirls gets a big set while Blade Runner is a bare bones disk with a terrible transfer. sick

“As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods, they kill us for their sport.”

Last edited by Dr. Strangelove on Sep 19th, 2004 at 05:37 PM

Old Post Sep 19th, 2004 05:32 PM
Dr. Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote