KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Most Overated Movies Ever!!!!!!!

Most Overated Movies Ever!!!!!!!
Started by: BENDER_17

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BENDER_17

Warning Most Overated Movies Ever!!!!!!!

what do you think are the most overated movies you have ever seen!!!?

5. Pearl Habor

4. Underworld

3.Romeo Must Die

2.Mystic River

1.MONSTERS BALL!!!!!!

Old Post Sep 24th, 2004 03:53 AM
BENDER_17 is currently offline Click here to Send BENDER_17 a Private Message Find more posts by BENDER_17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

LORD OF THE RINGS!!!

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2004 04:42 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Kill Bill

Old Post Sep 24th, 2004 11:16 AM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

shrek 1+2, spiderman

Old Post Sep 24th, 2004 01:37 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

romeo must die was not even over or under rated(but i loved it), as for overrated, master and commander springs to mind as a recent one, yeah the battles were good, but thats it, also mystic river was a tad overrated i thought

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 24th, 2004 02:54 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

ne of the above.. esp . pearl 'bloody' harbour ...

Old Post Sep 24th, 2004 05:14 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Redeemer

TITANIC. Or, as it's better known as...S*ITETANIC...I know...it's a popularly hated film, so sue me!!! eek!

Peter Gabriel - SLEDGEHAMMER.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2004 05:34 PM
The Redeemer is currently offline Click here to Send The Redeemer a Private Message Find more posts by The Redeemer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

lol...

Old Post Sep 24th, 2004 05:35 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Redeemer

Thanks!!! embarrasment

Peter Gabriel - SLEDGEHAMMER.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2004 05:42 PM
The Redeemer is currently offline Click here to Send The Redeemer a Private Message Find more posts by The Redeemer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

titanic must got down in history as one of the most overrated ever

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 24th, 2004 10:45 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Thats right, Master and Commander was much more overrated that LOTR.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2004 11:56 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Gladiator

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 12:32 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

1. ROTK
2.Titanic
3. Spiderman series
4. Mystic River

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 12:43 AM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

quote:
Originally posted by pr1983
titanic must got down in history as one of the most overrated ever

Yeah, it's amazing to see just how much the academy awards tell nothing about the movie, they don't judge on the movies, they just get caught up in all the fan fare. I mean, Titanic got what 11 awards, and now it is widely acknowleged that it isn't that great of film and is very overrated.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 12:45 AM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

How many times has this thread been done now?

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 12:53 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 01:08 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

..and you know, the whole essence of a movie being "overrated" is subjective.

I know I have unloaded this spiel once before, but, take "Lord of the Rings" for instance. People will just be naive and say the movie is overrated simply because they don't like it.

On the other hand, what evidence do they have to support their claim of the movie actually, factually being overrated? As far as epic movie making goes, LOTR was golden. Costume design, set design, characters, locations, story, acting (for the most part), the list goes on and on. While I am not a huge admirer of Academy Awards, they acknowledge excellence in film making in general.

What other movies as of late have undertaken the painstakingly arduous task of transferring a 1,100+ page novel to the big screen, and staisfy well over 80% of LOTR fans, and movie goers in general, piling up $1 Billion dollars in sales, which is UNHEARD OF in Fantasy movies.

I mean, Peter Jackson must have done something right? What arguement do you naysayers have?

Honestly?

As for "Titanic". It's not overrated. It has a universal following. It was a popular movie for a lot of the same reasons LOTR faired so well. Elaborate sets, big name actors, a very mainstream appeal (epic love story) set against one of the nation's biggest and most popular maritime disasters. From what i understand, the acting wasn't what ever really garnered any critical acclaim, which is what is the catalyst for an actual BAD movie being referred to as "overrated" by the general public, who are usually those who simply don't LIKE the movie to begin with, and don't bother looking for anything but flaws in the movie.

Last edited by Cory Chaos on Sep 25th, 2004 at 01:33 AM

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 01:31 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
«§hõnknêss»

Titanic all the way

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: You see, when we left Jack, marooned on the ship with a cuffed wrist and a hungry kraken, we forgot one very important thing mate-he's Captain Jack Sparrow... savvy?

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 02:10 AM
«§hõnknêss» is currently offline Click here to Send «§hõnknêss» a Private Message Find more posts by «§hõnknêss» Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eat My Ass

For me, Lord of the Rings series is definetly the most overrated.

http://www.FreePSPs.com/?r=17495261

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 08:54 AM
113 is currently offline Click here to Send 113 a Private Message Find more posts by 113 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

I'll also add The Matrix trilogy, by far the most over rated trilogy ever made.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 09:41 AM