KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Carlito's Way Prequel

Carlito's Way Prequel
Started by: Myth

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Carlito's Way Prequel

Dubbed right now as Carlito's Return (which wouldn't make sense as a prequel so it will most likely be changed). I bet this will be ****ed up but if done right could be cool. Carlito was kind of legendary so I'm guessing the prequel will be showing how he became legendary. I'm guessing this one will end dramatically like the last one but will be him going to prison instead of dying. Brian De Palma won't be directing it and Jay Hernandez will be replacing Pacino. Thats where the movie will most likely have its downfall. I'm affraid to see the results.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2004 01:46 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

That's ridiculous. Hope it never happens.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2004 02:57 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

quote:
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
That's ridiculous. Hope it never happens.

Yeah me too.

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Sep 27th, 2004 03:02 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

the original i loved, but how are they gonna replace pacino? they cant use him cos all the make up in the world wont de-age him.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 27th, 2004 03:05 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

He just said it would star Ga..I mean Jay Hernandez, star of smash hits like "Crazy/Beautiful"... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Is it not all too obvious this dork isn't star material?

Old Post Sep 27th, 2004 03:12 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

quote:
Originally posted by pr1983
they cant use him cos all the make up in the world wont de-age him.

Thats why they shouldn't try to make another.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2004 03:13 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roundisfunny

They're really trying to increase the number of Hispanic mega-stars in American movies, though, to correspond with their growing numbers in the population. It wouldn't surprise me a bit to see this movie happen, plus about a dozen others in a similar vein.

Raising Arizona, 1987

Old Post Sep 28th, 2004 12:17 AM
roundisfunny is currently offline Click here to Send roundisfunny a Private Message Find more posts by roundisfunny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cipher
Non-Entity

Terrible idea......

Why make this? Why not an original concept?

Hollywood sucks!

Old Post Oct 1st, 2004 04:55 AM
Cipher is currently offline Click here to Send Cipher a Private Message Find more posts by Cipher Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Willo
Shabba!

Totally agree Cipher

Old Post Oct 8th, 2004 01:02 AM
Willo is currently offline Click here to Send Willo a Private Message Find more posts by Willo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

Sean Combs Joins Carlito's Way
Source: Fox 411
October 14, 2004

Fox 411 has learned that Sean Combs will be joining Jay Hernandez, Luis Guzman, and Burt Young, in the cast of Carlito's Way, The Beginning. The film is a prequel to the 1993 Brian De Palma feature that starred Al Pacino as Carlito.

The story follows Carlito (Hernandez) through Spanish Harlem's no exit world of gangs, drugs, pimping, and the Mob, from the 1940s to the early 1970s.

"The Beginning," will begin production shortly and will be written and directed by Michael S. Bregman, son of producer Martin Bregman.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2004 10:18 PM
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Thanks for the info.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2004 01:56 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

Your welcome. I usually bring the news around these forums.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2004 03:29 AM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by TheFilmProphet

The story follows Carlito (Hernandez) through Spanish Harlem's no exit world of gangs, drugs, pimping, and the Mob, from the 1940s to the early 1970s.

So, basically, a Latino "The Godfather" with P. Diddy? This movie is totally unmerited, and while Bergman produced the original, it still reeks of failure and disinterest.

"Carlito's Way" was about redemption, and Carlito getting his life back on track. It's all too ****ing apparent what kind of lifestyle he led before, which in turn makes a prequel totally pointless, especially when it's "stars" are anything but.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2004 04:11 AM
Praylu

quote:
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
So, basically, a Latino "The Godfather" with P. Diddy? This movie is totally unmerited, and while Bergman produced the original, it still reeks of failure and disinterest.

"Carlito's Way" was about redemption, and Carlito getting his life back on track. It's all too ****ing apparent what kind of lifestyle he led before, which in turn makes a prequel totally pointless, especially when it's "stars" are anything but.

Not really Latino in general. Anyway they could have chosen a much better cast for the film. Not a very good choice with Jay Hernandez in my oppinion.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2004 04:27 AM
Cipher
Non-Entity

Still a bad idea.....

Jay Hernandez isn't a star and I don't think he ever will be. He can't carry a movie, none of the people mentioned can.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2004 04:57 AM
Cipher is currently offline Click here to Send Cipher a Private Message Find more posts by Cipher Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

quote:
Originally posted by Cipher
Jay Hernandez isn't a star and I don't think he ever will be. He can't carry a movie, none of the people mentioned can.

I agree.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2004 04:58 AM