KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Natural Born Killers

Natural Born Killers
Started by: Turbo-Cajun

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Turbo-Cajun
Big Baby Jesus

Natural Born Killers

If you guys were to explain Natural Born Killers in a few brief sentences how would you do it? I had to explain it in a class of mine bc only me and the professor had seen it, and when i explained it he gave me a look like i had really missed something. Im just interested if you had 30 secs to talk about it how would you do it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"And I am high. I'm HIGH!!!" - Dave Chappelle

Ytaker agreed with me once on October 9th, 2004

Old Post Sep 27th, 2004 05:42 AM
Turbo-Cajun is currently offline Click here to Send Turbo-Cajun a Private Message Find more posts by Turbo-Cajun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roundisfunny

Off the top of my head:

"Natural Born Killers" is a grating commentary on how the media and the American public share responsibility in glorifying crime and criminals. Mickey and Mallory Knox (Woody Harrelson and Juliette Lewis) are a pair of seedy, wrong-side-of-the-tracks lowlifes who, following abusive and dysfunctional childhoods, find each other and fall in love. They set out on a sociopathic spree of mayhem which Oliver Stone presents as solidifying their relationship. The media and the unwashed masses immediately embrace these "anti-heroes" in the same way that they had iconified Bonnie and Clyde decades earlier.

When Mickey and Mallory are finally caught and imprisoned, a tabloid reporter (Robert Downey Jr) sets out to interview them. Mickey and Mallory escape as a subsequent prison riot erupts, and the pair of them run off to live happily ever after. I saw this movie once when it came out, and I've had no desire to see it a second time. It should come as no surprise that Tarantino wanted his name taken off the screenplay credit.

Is that 30 seconds? Maybe if you got John Moschita to say it....

Raising Arizona, 1987

Old Post Sep 27th, 2004 11:01 PM
roundisfunny is currently offline Click here to Send roundisfunny a Private Message Find more posts by roundisfunny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

A poor rip off of "Badlands" done in an MTV style.

Less than 10 seconds. Easy.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2004 11:06 PM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roundisfunny

Easy if you have a frame of reference. I've still never seen "Badlands", so it's a safe bet the doofi in Turbo-Cajun's class haven't.

Raising Arizona, 1987

Old Post Sep 28th, 2004 12:20 AM
roundisfunny is currently offline Click here to Send roundisfunny a Private Message Find more posts by roundisfunny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

quote:
Originally posted by roundisfunny
the doofi

Its the jedi special - ed class.

Good word!

Old Post Sep 28th, 2004 12:24 AM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Turbo-Cajun
Big Baby Jesus

Thanks guys.... thats about what i said, i think

Old Post Sep 28th, 2004 01:22 AM
Turbo-Cajun is currently offline Click here to Send Turbo-Cajun a Private Message Find more posts by Turbo-Cajun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roundisfunny

Maybe your prof just gave you the stinkeye because he's a film snob, and what we said doesn't jibe with the hoity-toity review he read in "The New Yorker".

Raising Arizona, 1987

Old Post Sep 28th, 2004 01:58 AM
Turbo-Cajun
Big Baby Jesus

I dunno hes a chill guy, not snobbish at all... he's my creative writting prof so its a different kind of instructor than the standard accounting/ math/science proffessors. I probably didnt explain quite as good as you did, but i hit alot of those points .... i guess i might have just immagined it or something

Old Post Sep 28th, 2004 02:37 AM
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

yeah, the movie ended up being nothing more than a gratuitous exscuse for Oliver Stone to put in about 50 million different effects in the movie and complelty **** a tarantino movie...bastard.

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Sep 29th, 2004 02:50 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paola
Ronin

wow. everyone seem to hate this movie...

by Scythe

Old Post Sep 30th, 2004 06:07 AM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

really? i think the movie is great

Old Post Sep 30th, 2004 10:00 AM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paola
Ronin

eek! me too!!

I loved it!

by Scythe

Old Post Sep 30th, 2004 05:44 PM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

why did you like it, we've all said why we think its bollocks, why do you think its cool?

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Oct 1st, 2004 01:22 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Turbo-Cajun
Big Baby Jesus

It was cool to watch while on drugs..... so was the doors

Old Post Oct 1st, 2004 10:23 AM
BadKitty
cockeyed

I believe that might be the only way to enjot this movie TC

Old Post Oct 1st, 2004 10:56 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Turbo-Cajun
Big Baby Jesus

I haven't watched Natural Born Killers sober yet, but when i watched The Doors sober i was like, wtf? It was bazzar

Old Post Oct 1st, 2004 04:37 PM
Loot

one amazing director (oliver stone) woody harrelson, julliette lewis and the awsome robert downey junior, whats not to like?

really the filme his hilarious, paola do you like fear and loathing in las vegas? i love this movie

Old Post Oct 1st, 2004 07:38 PM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

the bit not to like is the way Oliver Stone ruined it by trying way to hard to be arty. you could have had the best actors and actresses in the world in that movie and it would have been shit still because Olver stone had a hard on for fade, camera pans and swings and hyper color

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2004 10:32 AM
Turbo-Cajun
Big Baby Jesus

There is a lot of cool shit that stone does artistically with his cameras though, its a different kind of artistic expression than most movie goers are used to, but i dunno i have talked to a lot of people who love stone movies... personally i enjoy seeing his films, sometimes it is overboard... but overall i think his work is pretty damn cool

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2004 06:20 AM
roundisfunny

My most vivid memory of seeing this movie for the first and only time is when we ("the gang") were walking to our cars in the parking lot at around Midnight. There was a shoebox sitting on the asphalt, and this guy named Chris thought it would be funny to jump up and stomp on it with both feet.

I was walking near him, and, being the paranoid sort, started to yell "Noooo!". I didn't get far enough away; the vomit inside the shoebox exploded and splattered in all directions. As the closest, I got a few droplets hit my left leg, and I immediately wiped my left leg onto Chris. I was pretty upset about the whole experience.

Raising Arizona, 1987

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2004 11:11 PM