KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Space Balls 2

Space Balls 2
Started by: cal31

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cal31
Let's Win Twins

Space Balls 2

Apparently Space Balls 2 is in the works, this was on AICN: There's a small Q and A with Mel Brooks in Playbill magazine, which is all about theatre shows, in which he says there are more movies on the way that he's doing..have a great day.

Playbill : What's the secret to The Producers longevity?

MB: I think it's just a matter of right time, right place. There was a thing called video and then there was a thing called DVDs, then it became more successful, and so the time was right for it, ripe for it actually, to go to Broadway. Now, it's the right time for it to be made back into a movie.

Playbill : With Matthew Broderick and Nathan Lane?

MB: Most definitely. There might be a few changes, for instance an Australian chap named Bert Newton plays Franz Leibkind in the show down under and he gives the performance of that role I've ever seen frankly. I'd love Newton to be involved. I'd also like Nicole Kidman to be involved, and apparently she's keen.

Playbill : Will you have a role in it?

MB : It's doubtful, but I'm writing myself back into the Spaceballs sequel that I'm now writing, so you haven't seen the last of my face. Why another Spaceballs? It wouldn't feel right have anyone else play Yoghurt and the first one was the best experience I've had making a movie since Blazing Saddles.

Playbill : When can we expect that?

MB : Best case scenario : a week before the new Star Wars opens. Worst Case Scenario : a year after the new star wars opens."

Can't wait to see this, Space Balls is a classic so hopefully this will be just as good.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2004 09:10 PM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Holy shit, what great news. SpaceBalls is one of my favorite movies ever, I just hope it actually goes through.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2004 10:55 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

Yeah, the way Mel Brooks said it makes it seem like it's happening for sure. I wonder who would be in it though, and I just wonder how they can get it done that quick, I mean, May 2005 is only 8 months away.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2004 11:00 PM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

I doubt it will be out by then, probably "a year after the new star wars" is more accurate

Old Post Sep 29th, 2004 11:13 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

Yeah, I would think so, half a year would be a near impossible time to make a movie.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2004 11:16 PM
Agent Elrond
The Curse is gone

Spaceballs was great, i'm not so sure about SP2. I hope it will be good. I will see it if it comes out.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2004 12:43 AM
Agent Elrond is currently offline Click here to Send Agent Elrond a Private Message Find more posts by Agent Elrond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I just hope mel doesnt get lucas airhead syndrome and just start pulling 'artism' out of every so called talented orafice... although I enjoyed the first spaceballs very much... especially big head vader ^_^

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Sep 30th, 2004 12:50 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

Old News, But I really do hope it happens.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2004 12:56 AM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Maybe it should be a prequel to mock SW?

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2004 02:03 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

That would be a good idea which I'm sure he will incorporate into it.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2004 04:50 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

I dunno about this one.... SpaceBalls was great but a sequel just sounds like a bad idea. I bet Yogurt would be the only returning character. It's unfortunate that John Candy can't return as Barf.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2004 05:05 PM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

quote:
Originally posted by Myth
Maybe it should be a prequel to mock SW?

Yeah, I can't wait to see what they do to mock Jar Jar, what would everyone think would be the best way to make fun of him?

Old Post Sep 30th, 2004 08:24 PM
~JP~
yeah baby

I for one hope it comes out a year AFTER Revenge of the Sith.......

Old Post Sep 30th, 2004 11:10 PM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Me too. That way all of the possible spoof ideas can be involved.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2004 08:43 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

god this is to sweet! woah thats seriously great news! I'll be waiting with bells on!

Old Post Oct 4th, 2004 03:39 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

since rick moranis is retired, i think jason mewes should play young helmet, to parody hayden christiensen.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 06:22 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I don't want it to be Jason Mewes no

Anyway, I was looking at some sites with possible movie titles:
Space Balls II: The Search For More Money (What Yogurt called part 2 in part 1)
Space Balls III: The Search For Space Balls II
Space Balls I (They would then rename the origial something like "Space Balls It-Was-Part-IV-All-Along" or something like that)

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 10:52 PM
BackFire

"Space Balls 2: The search for more money" would be awesome, like a little inside joke for the fans of the original.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 10:54 PM
fruits
Regenbogenfarben

SpaceBalls 2: The Search For More Money

yogurt mentioned this title in the original spaceballs when he was selling spaceballs merchandise

Old Post Oct 12th, 2004 12:32 AM
fruits is currently offline Click here to Send fruits a Private Message Find more posts by fruits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

it has to be a prequel eek! that would be awesome.... and it has to encorporate the same genera of comedy... none of this new age crap roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Oct 12th, 2004 12:55 AM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote