KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Marie-Antoinette

Marie-Antoinette
Started by: Archduchess

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Archduchess
Royal ******

Marie-Antoinette

He-heh... big grin

I'm so glad! Just luv Antoinette!!! She was the best of all queens ever! Can't wait for this movie!!! stick out tongue

Attachment: marie-antionette_klein_.jpg
This has been downloaded 117 time(s).

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 04:44 PM
Archduchess is currently offline Click here to Send Archduchess a Private Message Find more posts by Archduchess Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't have high hopes for it, especially with Kirsten Dunst in the lead!! She is not a strong enough actress to play the role of Marie-Antoinette.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 05:01 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
angelsflame265
la la la lalaaaa

She seems to be getting cast in a lot of roles that happened in the past, she might do well in it. And I also like Marie-Antoinette so i'm excited!

Offical Country Music Lover of Ravenclaw

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 05:11 PM
angelsflame265 is currently offline Click here to Send angelsflame265 a Private Message Find more posts by angelsflame265 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Axel von Fersen

I too am much looking forward to the Marie Antoinette movie.

Not sure about Kirstin Dunst as the Queen. Think I would have preferred Kate Winslet. Kate is also the preference at my yahoo group where we have a poll on best actress to play Marie Antoinette -
(my group is listed in profile if you'd like to visit smile

Great picture of Marie Antoinette en Gaulle - thank you Archduchess!!

Axel

Old Post Nov 14th, 2004 08:33 AM
Axel von Fersen is currently offline Click here to Send Axel von Fersen a Private Message Find more posts by Axel von Fersen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Archduchess
Royal ******

Yeah, you're right, Axel! I'd have preferred Drew Barrymore as Antoinette myself, but... S good anyway.
(she HAS the LIP) yes

Old Post Nov 14th, 2004 11:39 AM
Archduchess is currently offline Click here to Send Archduchess a Private Message Find more posts by Archduchess Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Archduchess
Royal ******

Now that we have movie stills it a lot easier to judge this upcoming movie, which is to come next year, 13th Oct.
Kirsten might do well in it, but she will NEVER be a Marie Antoinette to those, who know this Queen well. One thing is definite. She will be better than Joely Richardson in The Affair of the Necklace!

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 09:23 AM
phitaukyle1

I just came across the listing of the Marie Antoinette movie and I really want to see it. I'm not an architectural or historical professional (in law school) but French royal history is my forte. I'm especially interested in the court of Louis XIV, but Marie Antoinette is interesting as well, I just think that the court's etiquette of the 17fh century was more fascinating than the late 18th century of Marie Antoinette. I'm an architectural buff, and I can't wait to see the shots of Versailles, as in one of the pre-production photos saw, the Dunst was in the Galerie Basse (directy below the Hall of Mirrors, which the last time I was at Versailles, was not open to visitors). The info I've read about the movie is inaccurate, which troubles me. First of all, Madame Victoire, played by Molly Shannon was Louis XIV's aunt, not Marie's. Second, Louis XV was not Louis XVI's father, but his grandfather (Louis XVI's father was the Dauphin Louis Ferdinand who was married to Marie Josephe de Saxe). I wonder if the two other notoriously obnoxious daughters of Louis XV, Madame Adelaide and Madame Henriette are portrayed. I see that Maria Theresa is on the cast, so hopefully they will film some scenes at Schloss Schonbrunn. THe thing I've notice with a lot of period films about France is that often, the producer's film at the Chateau of Vaux le Vicomte, and try to pass it off as Versailles or otherwise (the Affair of the Necklace as an example, and the most recent Man in the Iron MAsk. Hopefully most of the scenes are at Versailles. I notice on one of the photos also shows the wedding between Antoinette and Louis in the extremely identifiable Chapel Royal at Versailles, but the court dress looks a bit later than the date of the marriage. Its great to see others that are enthusiastic about this topic

Old Post Oct 4th, 2005 04:00 AM
phitaukyle1 is currently offline Click here to Send phitaukyle1 a Private Message Find more posts by phitaukyle1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

I can't wait for this one. Don't care much for Dunst, but I think she might be able to pull it off. It looks like a lot of fun. Plus, Jason Schwartzman is awesome.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2006 09:33 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cleo715

Barbie Antoinette

I'm also not glad about the casting. Kirsten Dunst is a horrible actress, she tries hard, but it's just a craft she still hasn't mastered. I disagree with the comment about Joely Richardson. She was great as Marie Antoinette in "The Affair of the necklace", the right amount of snootiness, and an incredible resemblance, but I guess she's a bit older to play the younger Marie Antoinette.

I think, Jason Scharzman is OK, but I saw the previews, though his face is very resmblant of Louis XVI, I guess her dear cousin (Sofia Coppola) spared him the "agony" of having to gain a few pounds, one of the distinctive characteristics of Louis XVI, I'm not pleased about his glamorization, since part of this historical figure's many errors and shortcomings, personally and as King, came from his portly complexion and how that affected his sense of self.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2006 08:59 PM
cleo715 is currently offline Click here to Send cleo715 a Private Message Find more posts by cleo715 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 10th, 2006 09:17 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Movie looks utterly terrible to me.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Nov 10th, 2006 09:40 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
It looks interesting...I might see it, I like Sophia Coppola

Old Post Nov 10th, 2006 09:41 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

I saw it yesterday, it's one of the best films of the decade. My first 5/5 all year.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 05:39 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shugie99

Really See I don't know what to think of this one....I like Dunst though!

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 05:54 PM
shugie99 is currently offline Click here to Send shugie99 a Private Message Find more posts by shugie99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Andrew McLeod

I just saw this and I have to say it's one of my favorites. I thought Kirsten did wonderfully. She hit that young, frivality very well but there were moments when she understood her position...the scene with the mob in front of Versailles was...just beautiful. I love Sofia Coppola for this movie.

Love is an accident waiting to happen. Desire is a stranger you think you know. Intimacy is a lie we tell ourselves. Truth is a game you play to win. If you believe in love at first sight you never stop looking.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 05:14 AM
Andrew McLeod is currently offline Click here to Send Andrew McLeod a Private Message Find more posts by Andrew McLeod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shugie99

This was supposed to be one of those great movie but I could never get into it

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 09:57 PM
shugie99 is currently offline Click here to Send shugie99 a Private Message Find more posts by shugie99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Leggy_n_Merry
There is always hope

I really liked it aswell. It got quite bad reviews didn't it, but I loved it. It was so visually stunning aswell.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 10:57 PM
Leggy_n_Merry is currently offline Click here to Send Leggy_n_Merry a Private Message Find more posts by Leggy_n_Merry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Anyone care to tell me what made this movie so great?

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 11:30 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Andrew McLeod

It was just a wonderful telling of an often misunderstood character in history. And it was lavish and unforgettable in it's telling. I found the cinematography, the sound, the acting, the costumes and the directing all to be top notch. It was wonderfully poignant and it's a piece of history. It just made Marie Antoinette into a more iconic figure in the eyes of a new generation. I think the opening show of her was brilliant...being fitted for a shoe and eating some wonderful confection with that look in her eyes. It was iconic. I hope Dunst is remembered for this portrayal.

But still...I can see why people wouldn't like it. I can accept that it's not everyone's cup of tea.

Love is an accident waiting to happen. Desire is a stranger you think you know. Intimacy is a lie we tell ourselves. Truth is a game you play to win. If you believe in love at first sight you never stop looking.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2006 01:18 AM
Andrew McLeod is currently offline Click here to Send Andrew McLeod a Private Message Find more posts by Andrew McLeod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marapets

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SnakeEyes

ha mate my gf dragged me along to it what a waste of beer money! terrible plotless depthless.the only decent thing about is that kirsten dunce is fit lol! Happy Dance

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2006 01:44 PM
marapets is currently offline Click here to Send marapets a Private Message Find more posts by marapets Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote