KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Should A Sequel Be Made For Van Helsing?

What do you think?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes - with improvements 13 50.00%
No - Don't care 13 50.00%
Total: 26 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Should A Sequel Be Made For Van Helsing?
Started by: BOPRecruit 16

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

Question Should A Sequel Be Made For Van Helsing?

For those of you who have seen the movie, Van Helsing, or would like to see it, would you want Stephen Sommers and his crew to make an attempt to create a sequel? I know that early on, before and shortly after the movie came out, there was news that Sommers had plans to make one, but since the first one didn't go over so well with the audience, it sounds like he may not make one after all. But, I'm not so sure about how true that is or not, the questionable sequel. Anyways, I would like to hear everyone who has seen the movie's opinions. You are free to make suggestions/comments on what Sommers could improve on and so forth. At first, I wasn't going to post this thread, but after I talked to some fans from my xanga site, I thought I would do this thread after all. As for my opinion, I do hope there will be a sequel, with many things to be improved for the better.

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 07:23 AM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Filth

Yes a sequel should be made for VanHelsing, but probly won't so don't get your hopes up as it most likly it will not happen sad

Dead on the inside and dieing on the outside...

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 08:13 AM
Filth is currently offline Click here to Send Filth a Private Message Find more posts by Filth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Sure, why not. Movie producers will make money, provides jobs for the little people in the film industry, and many people (with bad taste in movies) will enjoy the film. Just don't expect me to see Van Helsing 2.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 09:57 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

LORD NO. If there was ever a sequal that should never be made it was the sequal to baby geniuses. If there were ever another film that needed a sequal even less, it is Van helsing. This movie failed on every level of entertainment. someone needs to be stabbed in the eye with a fork for the creation of Van helsing.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 11:13 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Abbita

Van Helsing was.....okay.....its not worthy of a sequel though, i was satisfied with how it ended with Anna and her family and i dont think there could be a good enough story to follow up from there...

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 12:06 PM
Abbita is currently offline Click here to Send Abbita a Private Message Find more posts by Abbita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Well seeing how there was no story in the present van helsing, i dont think studios would be to concerned on a plot.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 12:55 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Van Helsing sucked, and they exhausted the best characters anyway.

Where can they go from here? Van Helsing in space?

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 02:58 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ax3l
Dream Finder

please god NO, that movie was terrible. Why don't we make a titanic 2, thats a better idea than a van helsing 2. I would have to shoot the script writer then i would eat the script and poop it out then feed the poop to my slaves......i mean......what slaves........those are pidgeons.........aha aha ho aho........no slaves

One little spark...

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 03:05 PM
Ax3l is currently offline Click here to Send Ax3l a Private Message Find more posts by Ax3l Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

can i go back in time and not see the first one? even though it was free im still mad i saw it.. but as myth said they would make money so why not

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 03:57 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Heck No! Straigth to DVD if a second one is made. VH thumb down

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 04:56 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

**** YEAH! VH made me laugh from start to end... you folks who didnt like it have forgotten how much fun a bullshit popcorn movie can be. VH was a hoot.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 05:12 PM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Zero
**** YEAH! VH made me laugh from start to end... you folks who didnt like it have forgotten how much fun a bullshit popcorn movie can be. VH was a hoot.

It's not fun when you pay for it.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 05:44 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

quote:
Originally posted by BackFire
It's not fun when you pay for it.

Dude - sometimes paying for it is BETTER.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 07:16 PM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

How do you figure? You're paying for something you know is bad but unintentionally funny.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 07:27 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

A good popcorn movie is spiderman, or Jurassic park, or Indiana jones. Van helsing is just a bad movie, that hurt to watch. Doesnt it make you sick that all of the mosey and time that went into this movie resulted in what we got? If your going to do somthing, why not do it right? If you set out to make a blatant bad b movie, you dont need to waste so much time money and hype on it. John carpenter has proven this time and time again with bad movies that are fun to watch.

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Oct 28th, 2004 at 12:52 AM

Old Post Oct 28th, 2004 12:50 AM
Solo

One of the worst movies I've ever seen.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2004 01:28 AM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

quote:
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
A good popcorn movie is spiderman, or Jurassic park, or Indiana jones. Van helsing is just a bad movie, that hurt to watch. Doesnt it make you sick that all of the mosey and time that went into this movie resulted in what we got? If your going to do somthing, why not do it right? If you set out to make a blatant bad b movie, you dont need to waste so much time money and hype on it. John carpenter has proven this time and time again with bad movies that are fun to watch.

this statement could not be more true.. nothing else really needs to be said

Old Post Oct 28th, 2004 06:16 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

quote:
Originally posted by BackFire
How do you figure?

Oh I wasnt talking about movies - I went offtopic.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2004 09:35 AM
BlazingBarrells

lol Jezeus, everyone here was very dissapointed with VH, i for one love it, everything it in, the action, cheesy one liners, CGI was killer and you all who say it isnt is just being disagreeable. yeah your all probably thinking, what does this guy know about movies, lol, well, i for one can say that i have seen just as many as the next movie FREAK. i love popcorn flicks, and this one DID work, in an extremely good way. I WILL GET A LOT OF BS for this but i dont care, VH was great, so was JP 3, SW- TPM and SW AOTC, were both awsome to watch, who cares if they arent equal to the originals, they still were crazy fun to watch. ONE MOVIE I CAN SAY WAS VERY DISSAPOINTING WAS AVP. Paul Anderson deserves to burn for that one. VH forever.......

Old Post Oct 28th, 2004 06:37 PM
BlazingBarrells is currently offline Click here to Send BlazingBarrells a Private Message Find more posts by BlazingBarrells Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aku
Drunk

No it shouldn't due to the fact that Van Helsing is the crappest movie since the mummy returns (even though that was quite good) but still its rubbish its just another way to show how good our special effects can be. Even though they were crap. And besides the ending was so stolen from the lion king. Where they meet Mufasa in the clouds when simba is shown by rafiki. Wow what a cool name Rafiki. "follow Rafiki he knows da whey" I bet Rafiki smokes ganja, coz he knows kung fu and he draws pictures in a tree and the stuff he put over Simbas head was crack. I mean his eyes are yellow and everything.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2004 01:34 PM
Aku is currently offline Click here to Send Aku a Private Message Find more posts by Aku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote