KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Closer

Closer
Started by: MissesDepp?!

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MissesDepp?!
Creature of the night...

Closer

Directed by the oh, so good Mike Nichols (Angels in America) With Clive Owen, Julia Roberts, Jude Law and Natalie Portman.

This looks so so good. It comes out December 3rd. I can't wait to see it.

http://justmovietrailers.com/video/...railer_300.html

Please watch the trailer..

SOOOO GOOD!

-MD

Curiouser and Curiouser

Old Post Nov 7th, 2004 04:57 PM
MissesDepp?! is currently offline Click here to Send MissesDepp?! a Private Message Find more posts by MissesDepp?! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Crazy88No.1
Alchemist

big grin Looks really good, thanks for posting!

Old Post Nov 7th, 2004 05:07 PM
Crazy88No.1 is currently offline Click here to Send Crazy88No.1 a Private Message Find more posts by Crazy88No.1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

i thought there was a discusion on this, but maybe it was just in the natalie portman thread.. either way it looks good

Old Post Nov 7th, 2004 10:37 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

Will definately see it.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2004 11:15 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

saw the trailer for this movie recently, the plot looks hot and can't wait to see it! cool

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Old Post Nov 10th, 2004 01:31 AM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cepheus

I saw it recently and I think it was so... HORRIBLE!

I hate it... physically HATE it, the end was horrible too... Id rate it -100/10

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 07:59 PM
Cepheus is currently offline Click here to Send Cepheus a Private Message Find more posts by Cepheus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Andrew McLeod

Best movie of 2004. It's coming to DVD soon. Don't see it if you're not an actual fan of the ART of filmmaking.

If you like your explosions, high octane action, and boring plots skip this and head to the theatre for xXx 2 or something.

If you're like me and a good plot of betrayal, infedelity, and lust interests you more than any explosion can, buy it.

The viciousness of this movie is awe-inspiring. The movie conveys such a brutal truth about love and what happens when you refuse to commit. Everyone just wants intimacy but in this movie they screw around and never get closer to each other. Beautifully written, beautifully directed, and fantastically acted. My pick of best movie for 2004.

Love is an accident waiting to happen. Desire is a stranger you think you know. Intimacy is a lie we tell ourselves. Truth is a game you play to win. If you believe in love at first sight you never stop looking.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2005 12:17 AM
Andrew McLeod is currently offline Click here to Send Andrew McLeod a Private Message Find more posts by Andrew McLeod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

i loved the movie.. its definantly not a typical hollywood film.. i really enjoyed it.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2005 03:43 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Thought it was outstanding.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2005 10:26 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

i've seen that movie.

and erm.. i didn't like it as much as i would have expected.
but natalie's portman performance was brilliant.

some parts of the movie was distubring confused
and as a whole it was too derpresing.

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post Mar 28th, 2005 10:42 AM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cepheus

I expected a lot more, the script is awful it makes absolutley no sense
hwowever if ure into very unexpected behaviour, I recomend this movie

Old Post Mar 28th, 2005 01:08 PM
Cepheus is currently offline Click here to Send Cepheus a Private Message Find more posts by Cepheus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Andrew McLeod

It was so tragic in the sense that no one got what they wanted. Everyone wants to be closer to another yet no one can. Their searches for intimacy came up short and they all ended up with nothing in the end.

This movie comes out tomorrow on DVD and I'm buying it for sure.

In my opinion, the script was brilliant. It was witty writing and really portrayed (with brutal honesty) the truth about modern relationships and the way human's act. I loved it. Either way, I'll be happily watching it tomorrow night and then preparing a research paper on it for Philosophy class.

Love is an accident waiting to happen. Desire is a stranger you think you know. Intimacy is a lie we tell ourselves. Truth is a game you play to win. If you believe in love at first sight you never stop looking.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 01:43 AM
Andrew McLeod is currently offline Click here to Send Andrew McLeod a Private Message Find more posts by Andrew McLeod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ces malfoy

I absolutly loved closer, i thought that it rocked, its one of the best films i have seen!!

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 11:38 PM
ces malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send ces malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by ces malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Andrew McLeod

After rewatching it I realize how painfully tragic it is to watch. You can see these characters waltzing to a place of complete anguish and they do nothing to stop it. It's strange how Patrick Marber didn't try to create sympathetic characters yet it still comes across as tragic.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 11:47 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

The fact that they're extremely realistic and believable characters makes them sympathetic for the audience. We see them as real people, not just characters in a movie.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 03:23 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

yea i agree with backfire on that one

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 05:07 AM
yerssot

I saw it ...definitly not a good-feeling movie

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 10:57 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Andrew McLeod

Like I said. It's painful to watch. It takes a large bite out of you and all your perceptions on love. I'm doing my Philosophy project on it because it's filled with so many philosophies on love and observations of human nature.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2005 02:02 AM
botankus
Bass-ackwards

It was a very good movie. Very deep and very (though a bit extreme in some cases) realistic-ish.

Natalie Portman had a good performance, but not deserving of an Academy Award nomination, IMO.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2005 11:22 AM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote