KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Full metal Jacket!

Full metal Jacket!
Started by: ploop4444

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ploop4444
Restricted

Account Restricted

Full metal Jacket!

i saw this movie like two nights ago and i was in awe with what i saw!

what about you?

Justin

Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' Matthew 22:37

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2004 06:05 PM
ploop4444 is currently offline Click here to Send ploop4444 a Private Message Find more posts by ploop4444 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

One of my favorite movies ............

check this out........insanely funny.

http://www.heavy.com/index.php?vide...rk/FullMetalJoe

Old Post Dec 4th, 2004 12:43 AM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cgtuna21
LOTRfreak

Full Metal Jacket is one of the best war films of all-time and is one of the best films of all-time. The drill sergeant scenes are by far my favorite but the war scenes are teriffic also. Stanley Kubrick is one of my favorite directors and he directed this film because he hated the Vietnam most likely and we shouldn't of fought in Vietnam. Check this film out, it's quite amazing

Old Post Dec 4th, 2004 04:41 AM
cgtuna21 is currently offline Click here to Send cgtuna21 a Private Message Find more posts by cgtuna21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Strangelove
The King Stay The King

Well here's my review FMJ. I loved the boot camp parts but hated almost all the Vietnam parts.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...ll+metal+jacket

“As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods, they kill us for their sport.”

Old Post Dec 4th, 2004 04:50 AM
Dr. Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aku
Drunk

The drill instructor has to be one of the funniest guys ever. "Private how tall are you" - "SIR 5'9 SIR" - "Wow I din't know they stacked sh*t that high, where are you from scumbag?" - SIR TEXAS SIR" - "Only steers and queers come from Texas"

(May not be an accurate quote, Any similarities to real-life incidents are purely coincidental).

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 10:16 AM
Aku is currently offline Click here to Send Aku a Private Message Find more posts by Aku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

so nobody liked the Full Metal Joe cartoon I linked you to?.........pfffft.........

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 02:18 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
baracustastic
I aint gettin on no plane

The film is ace. I love the end. My second favourite 'Nam movie, after Platoon.

Americans add throwing, pads, alter the length of the game etc, i.e. change it completely yet still call it football.

Then they call the original soccer, and expect the rest of the world to adopt this bastard name. Pish.

From hence forth American football shall be known as "soccer." by me.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 08:35 PM
baracustastic is currently offline Click here to Send baracustastic a Private Message Find more posts by baracustastic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillTheLight
=bound by wild desire=

I never got to see all of this movie but I thought the drill Sergent scene at the start was pretty cool. I like how he made the one guy who couldn't stop smiling choke himself.and when he said to one of the other guys ''your so ugly you could be a modern piece of art'' I thought that was hilarious.

This afternoon with you was something like a letter
The kind that someone writes but never sends

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 10:23 PM
KillTheLight is currently offline Click here to Send KillTheLight a Private Message Find more posts by KillTheLight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

The first half of the movie ws great

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 11:16 PM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spike Eccles

great war film from a great director...sadly missed now.

apparently, some people favour Platoon over FMJ

Duh!!!

Old Post Dec 7th, 2004 03:33 PM
Spike Eccles is currently offline Click here to Send Spike Eccles a Private Message Find more posts by Spike Eccles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aku
Drunk

Yeh but full metal jacket isnt really a good 'war' film but its a good film. Theres not much action and not much death takes place and half of it is a comedy.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2004 08:07 PM
Aku is currently offline Click here to Send Aku a Private Message Find more posts by Aku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spike Eccles

GRANTED, BUT PLATOON SEEMS TO ME LIKE BOYS PLAYING WITH TOYS, WHEREAS FMJ IS A TRUE DEPICTION OF WARFARE. THE FIRST HALF, WITH THE TRAINING, SETS UP THIS THEME OF WAR TURNING US INHUMAN, WHICH IS THEN PLAYED OUT IN THE SECOND PART.

BESIDES, THE MUSIC'S BETTER...

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 04:01 PM
Spike Eccles is currently offline Click here to Send Spike Eccles a Private Message Find more posts by Spike Eccles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Big_Boy

One of my faves as well. The first half or so is the best...after that it's slow but still good.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2004 04:31 AM
Darth_Big_Boy is currently offline Click here to Send Darth_Big_Boy a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Big_Boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by Evil Dead
so nobody liked the Full Metal Joe cartoon I linked you to?.........pfffft.........

I tried to load it, but it kept chopping up. Guess it would help if I saw the movie first. embarrasment

*runs away*

Old Post Dec 10th, 2004 07:29 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Hmm...

Well, it's 2 1/2 months later and I finally watched my purchased copy of "Full Metal Jacket", and it seems as if the same sentiment is shared throughout.

I absolutely loved the first half of the movie. It depicted the absolute dehumanizing of a man. If such a thing can be considered "beautiful", or "poetic" that's the way I saw it, for a lack of better words.

The second half of the movie, I liked very much, naturally, not as much as the first. But in the Vietnam scenes, we get that same feel of young men turned into literal killing machines, oozing machismo.

Favorite character would have to be Animal Mother. Just no nonsense, kill 'em all attitude, which is probably the character I was supposed to hate. Oh well, lol. It was more or less standard wartime movie fare, the 2nd half, but it was still entertaining towatch, and actually provided some suspense, which isn't all that common in war dramas. Watching 8 Ball out there, with the platoon helpless, and Cowboy being put in the position of his first kill really were really effective, IMO.

Great character study with Pyle, the likes of which would have made for a great movie in itself, perhaps fleshed out his desconstruction for a full picture, but it's still brilliant filmmaking.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2005 07:25 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

The boot camp I felt was brilliant and quite intense. The Vietnam war part I felt wasn't up to par. It was the same as any other Vietnam war movie with people dying, indisciplined US marines and some guns shooting.
It looks nice and all but I could care less about the characters after the Sarge and Pyle die, the scenes looked faked to me and the intensity just faded away once they were in the actually war. (which is funny in a weird way)
The movie is decent because of the first act greatness but I personally don't see come close to Platoon, Apocalypse Now and Deer Hunter.

In terms of depicting warfare, Platoon I felt was more intense and realistic than FMJ.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2005 08:42 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

full metal jacket is pure gold

here's a couple of soundboards

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/jacket1.html

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/jacket2.html

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Feb 27th, 2005 11:06 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

I thought "Apocalypse Now" was pretentious and boring as hell. "Redux" bored me to tears. Characters were vanilla, situation didn't seem to carry any urgency other than it being a war, and Marlon Brando was unconvincing if I was supposed to feel anything for him. I haven't seen "Platoon" in ages.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2005 03:59 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

i recommend hamburger hill as a good nam movie...also the nam bits in the film "dead presidents" are superb and violent as sin...

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Feb 27th, 2005 05:23 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Maybe not soo much Apocalypse Now, but I still have the same feelings towards Full Metal Jacket.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2005 06:31 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote