KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » A Deus Ex Movie?

A Deus Ex Movie?
Started by: McBane

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
McBane

A Deus Ex Movie?

Recently on the net i have noticed sites saying there will be a movie on the game deus ex - Which was absolutly the best game ever.
JCDenton is a kickass cool guy. Does anybody know anything about it as im lost and would really hope to see this film.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2004 09:56 PM
McBane is currently offline Click here to Send McBane a Private Message Find more posts by McBane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NinthCorona

Can we have a link to some of these sights?

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 12:40 AM
NinthCorona is currently offline Click here to Send NinthCorona a Private Message Find more posts by NinthCorona Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McBane

soz coz i havnt been signed up here long i cant add links. But i know if you go on movies.com and type deus ex in the search bar it comes up with a link. But its kinda weird coz it says the film was made in 2002 and on the site it also says the movie is due for release 2003/2004. Also on movieinsider.com there is a bit of information when you type deus ex into that search bar. Thats as far as i know but cant find more. Any information would be appreciated and good for a discussion.
gaz

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 06:22 PM
McBane is currently offline Click here to Send McBane a Private Message Find more posts by McBane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Actually, I was not over impressed with Deus Ex. Don't get me wrong, I didn't think it was a bad game, but I didn't see the 'best game ever' qualities to it, nice though the branching plot system was. Great shame the co-op mod for it was never finished though.

However, I am hard pressed to see the virtues of turning it into a film. It didn't have THAT good a plot, it had a good plot considering it was a computer game. That would not necessarily make it a good film.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 06:30 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McBane

The concept of turning a game into a film never really has worked.
There are good game to film conversions, say Resident Evil I & II both not great but extremely enjoyable.
You are right in the fact that Deus Ex maybe doesnt have the best of stories but it still does remain one of the best games i have ever played. The graphics now are in comparison rubbish. But it was the gameplay that really drove the game along. You could choose the play the story how you wished and there was never a wrong way.
Plus the future representation of the world in the game seemed very cool. Not as cool as say Blade Runner ( Great movie AND great game) but how the future in Deus Ex was created seems very real and interactive.
Although the story of Deus Ex may not create a good film i still am very curious to see how this project would pan out.
Also the story of Deus Ex the game may not be the same as the films story maybe. -in fact i can't think of a game to film conversion where the film follows the same story as a game.
I shall gladly eat my words if anyone can think of one.
Gaz

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 06:55 PM
Aku
Drunk

I can't get past like the 6th level or something, well to be honest i just cheated and got bored. lol sad

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 08:59 PM
Aku is currently offline Click here to Send Aku a Private Message Find more posts by Aku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McBane

yeah i cheated too but it was still great fun
gaz

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 11:30 PM
Aku
Drunk

I enjoyed whacking people with that riot stick, that was a laugh. Coz everyone got pissed at you and shot you.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2004 05:56 PM
Aku is currently offline Click here to Send Aku a Private Message Find more posts by Aku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McBane

lol
hahaha
brings back memories
gaz

Old Post Dec 9th, 2004 07:19 PM