KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Abyss

The Abyss
Started by: Cowboyography

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Cowboyography
Eye Of God

The Abyss

for years I passed over this title at the store, I had heard good things but 3 hours, hmmmm. well I finally sat down and watched it. And damn was I impressed. I had no idea what to expect. Mabey "Poisiden Adventure", possibly a "Towering Inferno" no, this is an original movie with a great story, solid Acting, and a scary scary premise. The Abyss itself gave me chills and still does the day after, A trench thats 25000 feet deep. A hole that takes 30 minutes of falling to hit bottom. WOW!!!!! the ending was pretty good and well worth the three hour watch. And I was really impressed with
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: the creatures when they controlled the water, that was amazing!!
I would give this flick 8.5 out of 10 and would highly recomend not only to scifi fans but to anyone in the mood or a great edge of your seat thriller.

and yes for those of you who havent seen this Ed Harris does decend into the ABYSS! in a scene so intense I was sweating!!!!

just wondering others opinions on this amazing movie.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2004 08:19 PM
Cowboyography is currently offline Click here to Send Cowboyography a Private Message Find more posts by Cowboyography Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Big_Boy

The Abyss is a great movie!

Always looking to buy Dawn Of The Dead (orig) memoribilia.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2004 10:19 PM
Darth_Big_Boy is currently offline Click here to Send Darth_Big_Boy a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Big_Boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cowboyography
Eye Of God

I pose one more question for those who have seen The Abyss
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: are they aliens? or are they a earth born speices that just live under intense pressure?

Old Post Dec 10th, 2004 10:33 PM
Cowboyography is currently offline Click here to Send Cowboyography a Private Message Find more posts by Cowboyography Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic_Beings
Restricted

Account Restricted

They are earth born.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2004 10:45 PM
Cosmic_Beings is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic_Beings a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic_Beings Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cowboyography
Eye Of God

I think that makes the movie even better!!!

Old Post Dec 11th, 2004 02:08 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

No, they're aliens.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2004 05:03 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Napalm
Mr. Hyde

Well I gussed that there were aliens but I really dont know.

Bud list SlipknoT,42bardock,Freddy love,Similing Sadly,Mr Parker, Jackie Malfoy,Aku

Old Post Dec 11th, 2004 05:12 AM
Napalm is currently offline Click here to Send Napalm a Private Message Find more posts by Napalm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thegreatrudini
Violator of the innocent

there aliens hence the spaceship roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Dec 11th, 2004 01:13 PM
thegreatrudini is currently offline Click here to Send thegreatrudini a Private Message Find more posts by thegreatrudini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kanis
L dragon

alien I read somewhere that Ed harris complained to James Cameron about them having to act in freezing cold water. Did anyone see the special edition of the abyss where Briggman is on the alien ship and they show him the giant tidal waves around each American city that was cool.

The dragon lord cometh

Old Post Dec 11th, 2004 01:31 PM
kanis is currently offline Click here to Send kanis a Private Message Find more posts by kanis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cowboyography
Eye Of God

quote:
there aliens hence the spaceship

actually i never saw a spaceship!! There was the huge city that was raised to the surface. Clearly not a ship however. They did have the one vehicle that the chick sees but it is clearly an underwater machine. I say the creatures are earth born and thats why they hate to see the other earth born species killing itself. and upon further watching of the flick they call the creatuers NTI's or non terestrial inteligence. not extra terestrial so I say they are earth born!!!!!!

Old Post Dec 14th, 2004 12:16 AM
Cowboyography
Eye Of God

and yes Kanis I did buy the Special edition and the Making of is over an hour long and just as good as the flick!!!

Old Post Dec 14th, 2004 12:37 AM
rwoonacott

The Abyss is one of my most favorite films ever made and it is a movie that you can watch over and over again and not get tired of it. What I liked the most was how the actors really were under the water when they were filming the movie. The extended version was the best, it told more of the story.

I use my own words, and not the words of others. If you have a problem that is your problem and not mine so move along.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 01:14 AM
rwoonacott is currently offline Click here to Send rwoonacott a Private Message Find more posts by rwoonacott Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote