KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Mortal Kombat

The Best Fight In Mortal Kombat (1)
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Liu Kang vs Shang Tsung 9 11.84%
Jonny Cage vs Scorpion 26 34.21%
Liu Kang vs Reptile 17 22.37%
Sonya vs Kano 3 3.95%
Liu Kang vs Stick Boy 0 0%
Jonny Cage vs Goro 4 5.26%
Goro vs Arlene (whatever his name is) 1 1.32%
Chan vs Shang Tsung 0 0%
Liu Kang vs Sub Zero 13 17.11%
Kang/Cage/Sonya vs Goons 3 3.95%
Total: 71 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mortal Kombat
Started by: Aku

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Aku
Drunk

Mortal Kombat

Man i keep watching this movie coz its so cool. Unlike most (games)->(movies) this one is actually really good. The second one was crap though but theres a 3rd comming out apparently.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2004 10:58 AM
Aku is currently offline Click here to Send Aku a Private Message Find more posts by Aku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

I've always like Sonya Blade, I voted for her.

I think part III should be a comedy spoof of the whole thing. It would be a lot more entertaining.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2004 02:02 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

How about Christopher Lambert as "Rayden" vs his lisp?

Old Post Dec 14th, 2004 02:12 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Ooooooh! Handbags at dawn Cine!

I too enjoyed this film. It at least kept true to the spirit of the game. A stupid, yet interesting beat em up.

So many films try and "add" to the story like Resident Evil, and the games end up being better than them anyway. With MK it just gave you what you went to see, and the action was great.

The sequel sucked. I loved the fight between Scorpion and Cage.

Scorpion rocks! /fanboyexclamation.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2004 05:58 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aku
Drunk

Yeh but Sonyas fight was rubbish

Old Post Dec 14th, 2004 06:07 PM
Aku is currently offline Click here to Send Aku a Private Message Find more posts by Aku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

first movie was cool the second was not so much.. i always liked scorpion and sub zero

Old Post Dec 14th, 2004 06:07 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly

MK Annihilation isnt looked at as being "canon" because Boon had little to no input on the film at all. MK was Boon all the way, but MK: Anihilation was a "fake" Mortal Kombat as far as the MK creators go.

I've heard they're planning to make a new MK set after the first one, i.e. a PROPER sequel to the first.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2004 06:12 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aku
Drunk

quote:
Originally posted by Red Superfly

I've heard they're planning to make a new MK set after the first one, i.e. a PROPER sequel to the first.

Sweet. Boon is cool. Notice how boon tobias is noob saibot swiched, the over-rated character of the MK games.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2004 06:15 PM
Red Superfly

I like that little fact about Noob Saibot.

Then there's Ermac, who was a glitch in the first game. It was when the game screwed up and coloured Sub Zero red instead of blue, and displayed the message "Error Macro". Thus, Ermac was born.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2004 06:19 PM
Aku
Drunk

Wow. MK was best on the NES. Even though it didnt have any blood it had wicked animation. I used to have nightmares about Goro. lol. He was so hard to beat unless you used the special stratergy. Jump-Kick-Repeat.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2004 06:23 PM
forumcrew

haha yea i remember having the jump kick the crap out of him..

and a better sequel could be really cool

Old Post Dec 14th, 2004 06:25 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly

Don't quote me on the sequel thing. I only know that Boon doesn't consider Annihilation as "canon". As far as he's concerned, it doesn't exist.

The "making the true sequel" thing isn't as set in stone.

Anyway that Mortal Kombat Deception is quite cool, although I wish they'd left in Kano, Jax and Cryax, some of the new characters are lame. Hotaru is good, though. Pai Mei lookalike Shujinko is also cool.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2004 06:29 PM
McBane

quote:
Originally posted by Red Superfly

So many films try and "add" to the story like Resident Evil, and the games end up being better than them anyway. With MK it just gave you what you went to see, and the action was great.

Both Mortal Kombat and Resident Evil were created by the same person so it just shows that it is not an easy task for the audience to accept both film and game versions.
Gaz

Old Post Dec 14th, 2004 09:40 PM
McBane is currently offline Click here to Send McBane a Private Message Find more posts by McBane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

I'm glad I'm not the only one here who appreciates the Mortal Kombat films. smokin'

Bring on the MK revolution!

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Dec 14th, 2004 10:35 PM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Havoc470
Smo

i liked the first one growing up, and the second one just plain sucked to me...from film perspective the premise sure had some good idea's, but with the wrong actors

the director plain sucks at mending videogame features into his movies....sure goro looked good....but thats all the movie had going for it, so gorro's death = movie's death

new mk movie...sure, i'd love to see it done.....same director?....f*ck no, but more gritt would be a-mazing

this is all in my opinion

as a kid, the liu kang/reptile fight was the most amazing thing i had ever seen

Last edited by Havoc470 on Dec 14th, 2004 at 11:01 PM

Old Post Dec 14th, 2004 10:58 PM
Havoc470 is currently offline Click here to Send Havoc470 a Private Message Find more posts by Havoc470 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I too remember jump kicking Goro and jumping away, then repeating. Now I remember how dumb it was to fight him, but scary at the same time. I voted for Scorpion's fight. Part 2 sucked. It was awful the way it just continued from the first and the animality was f*cking retarded in live-action.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2004 11:19 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly

Oh man, I still have nightmares about that awful CGI blob that Lui Kang turned into.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 12:50 AM
KingAdRock
RadsAds

I voted for Liu Kang Vs. Reptile, because that fight was awesome, and reptile in the old days was cool, and I also picked Johnny Cage vs. Scorpion, because it was a good fight.
Plus, I heard that they are gonna forget about MK: Annihilation and probably make MK3 the sequal to the first MK, and this time Midway is in to help them make this movie good.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 12:53 AM
KingAdRock is currently offline Click here to Send KingAdRock a Private Message Find more posts by KingAdRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

quote:
Originally posted by Havoc470
new mk movie...sure, i'd love to see it done.....same director?....f*ck no, but more gritt would be a-mazing

It is almost 100% certain at this point that a different director will be taking over.

The most recent news on the director was reported yesterday, December 13. The rumored new director is George P. Cosmatos. http://mk3movie.mortalkombatonline.com/

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Last edited by Praylu on Dec 15th, 2004 at 01:14 AM

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 01:10 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly

quote:
Originally posted by KingAdRock
I voted for Liu Kang Vs. Reptile, because that fight was awesome, and reptile in the old days was cool, and I also picked Johnny Cage vs. Scorpion, because it was a good fight.
Plus, I heard that they are gonna forget about MK: Annihilation and probably make MK3 the sequal to the first MK, and this time Midway is in to help them make this movie good.

Oh cool someone else has heard about that too.

I'd love to see Kenshi and the NEW Sub-Zero in the next one - the one that looks like The Shredder from Ninja Turtles - so bad-ass.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 01:10 AM