KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Revolver

Revolver
Started by: Myth

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Revolver

I'm pumped! I'm excited! Guy Ritchie is making another crime drama. This time with Jason Statham and Ray Liotta. Lock Stock and Snatch are two of my favorite movies and I'm gald to see another one of a similar style coming out.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 06:49 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roundisfunny

I second that emotion. His first two films are highly quotable, a sign of a quality product.

Raising Arizona, 1987

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 06:03 PM
roundisfunny is currently offline Click here to Send roundisfunny a Private Message Find more posts by roundisfunny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Redeemer

Not as quotable as Harold Shand's lengthy SPEIL at the end of THE LONG GOOD FRIDAY, IMO! Now, there's a character's SCHTICK that could STICK!!! smokin'

Guy Richie is only known for who he's *f*cking*! angel

Peter Gabriel - SLEDGEHAMMER.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2004 11:03 PM
The Redeemer is currently offline Click here to Send The Redeemer a Private Message Find more posts by The Redeemer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Alright! A trailer! Now that is what I'm talking about. Probably just 2 months or so away. I'm sure its easy to find the exact release date, but I'm too lazy.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2005 06:37 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

'Lock, Stock...' and 'Snatch' were fun, but I think he's lost it since then...Have you actually seen 'Swept Away'!?!?!?!

Movies have moved on since his "Owight, Guv? Apple an' pears" schtick...

Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2005 07:21 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Um, dude, that is a romance movie. You can't act like he's lost his touch since he made a chick flick. This is his genre and I have faith in him.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2005 09:00 AM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

some trailerly goodness for you chaps

http://www.greenroom-press.com/clie...ies/trlr_hi.mov

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Sep 4th, 2005 05:19 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

'Jason Statham and Ray Liotta'

Now that will very interesting to see, love Liotta.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2005 10:04 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just read a review in the Guardian newspaper today and the reviewer didn't like this film at all, got a horrendous 1 star review.

One line in review:

'Because after Revolver, Swept Away now looks like Citizen Kane'

Oo er.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 05:40 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

jings, cvivvens, help ma boab...as oor wullie would say...still going to see it though cause you know what most broadsheet critics are like...mark kermode wannabe arty farty bellends

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 06:43 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I usually agree with Mark Kermode and the guy who said the above thing. But I always see a film to make up my mind anyway.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 10:23 PM
adscrawler

the films been slated by critics because it is so confusing i got it on dvd the other day and it is confusing, but there are some cool shot outs and it is very well directed, look out for the hit man hes cool in it.

i thing guy should direct hit man the movie(ps2 game)but he should not write it.....

Old Post Mar 10th, 2006 01:18 PM
adscrawler is currently offline Click here to Send adscrawler a Private Message Find more posts by adscrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rockycairns

Well its turned out to be nothing like Snatch and Lock Stock it was a movie that tried to make you think like Fight Club did but it tried too hard Statham and Liotta had absoloutely no chemistry on screen it was a stupid film which was filled with boring lectures throughout definately not rirchies best

Old Post Mar 11th, 2006 10:19 AM
rockycairns is currently offline Click here to Send rockycairns a Private Message Find more posts by rockycairns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

Bumping le thread. I still don't see a DVD, and I don't remember a Theatrical release. confused

However, I did see some clips from youtube, and saw some mixed reviews.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fsz2fIKf...evolver%20movie

There's a particularly interesting scene.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 11:50 PM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Yeah, I've been waiting for the DVD too.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 12:05 AM
buddha1822
Local Buddha

Well... I don't know if you caught it, but at the Lionsgate panel at Comic-Con, someone asked Jason Statham if Revolver would ever get a US release. He said that they are "currently in negotiations" to get a US release "soon." So... expect a theatrical US release soon, straight from Jason Statham's mouth.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 01:02 AM
buddha1822 is currently offline Click here to Send buddha1822 a Private Message Find more posts by buddha1822 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

Thanks for the heads up big grin

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 01:41 AM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote