KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Straw Dogs <spoilers>

Straw Dogs <spoilers>
Started by: shaber

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
shaber
schizoid

Miffed Straw Dogs <spoilers>

What was all the controversy about? In the first half nothing happened except for a dead cat and a weird message on the blackboard. And why in the second half was Hoffman so precious fond of the pervert.

Incidentally, did you know that Susan George threatened to resign unless the camera angle of her being raped was reduced in scope? stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 6th, 2005 03:57 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

I have no idea I never heard or seened this movie.When did it come out?JM

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2005 04:07 PM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

You have to remember that this movie was released in 1971. Back then, censorship was much harsher, think of all those movies from that time that were banned. Also the gang rape scene would've seemed very extreme to people 30 years ago. Modern cinema has grown up since then, and we have had lots of rape scenes so I guess we're hardened towards that kind of thing nowadays.

I wasn't really disturbed by this movie for two reasons; I adore Dustin Hoffman, and A Clockwork Orange (which was incidentally released a month before Straw Dogs) completely horrified me. Straw Dogs seemed a little tame in comparison, it's not as well done.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2005 04:11 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

the fact that it was released in 1971 is the only reason i can find for the controversy. i watched this a few months ago and i was bored out of my mind. i wouldn't even give it a 15 rating.. and was it me or did it look like she was really enjoying the rape at the start anyway no expression

Old Post Jan 6th, 2005 06:23 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote