KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Assault On Precinct 13 ('76)

Assault On Precinct 13 ('76)
Started by: Mane

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mane
Restricted

Account Restricted

Assault On Precinct 13 ('76)

What a crap this was. I rented it and was sorely disappointed. I had more faith in Carpenter to deliver something better. This movie was unsatisfying and fell dead.

I'm expecting a much better experience with the remake this January. erm

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 06:07 AM
Mane is currently offline Click here to Send Mane a Private Message Find more posts by Mane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

i enjoyed it

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 03:47 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

quote:
Originally posted by dean7879
i enjoyed it

any reason why? seeing as the other 2 dont think too highly of it.. what did you think it was good?

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 07:23 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

the original is an outstanding movie imo

fishbourne? no...

this remake is going to suck big time...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 08:23 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mane
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah...no, the original was monkeyshit.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 08:26 PM
Mane is currently offline Click here to Send Mane a Private Message Find more posts by Mane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

The original was the silliest "cat and mouse" game I've ever watched unfold on celluloid. It's so riddled with plot holes, those street thugs all could have fit in them.

It's the epitome of low budget, and to me, lived up to absolutely NONE of the hype.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 08:44 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

well imo it was good.

the tension between the two male leads, the faceless, merciless enemy. sure it had plot holes, but how many horror movies dont? i liked it personally...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 08:52 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mane
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's an action movie, and probably Carpenter's worst work yet.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 08:56 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

*cough*ghosts of mars*cough*

and can easily be classed as a horror/thriller also...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 09:01 PM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

I experienced more tension in Sesame Street's "Follow that Bird!" than I did in "Assault on Precinct 13".

Somehow, wondering if they'd spring Big Bird from the clutches of evil circus promoters was far more entriguing than watching a bunch of 1970's street thugs try and break out a criminal by never even getting within 100 yards of a police station until the very end.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 09:22 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

what do you mean 'break out a criminal?' that wasn't what they were doing...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 09:24 PM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by pr1983
*cough*ghosts of mars*cough*

Uhhhh...pileofshitescapefromla..errrrr..

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 09:25 PM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Not a criminal, but the father who shot the thug who had shot his daughter. They declared war on the police because they were harboring him.

What do you expect? You kill a little girl in cold blood and expect to get away with it? Technically, the father is a criminal, too.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 09:27 PM
Mane
Restricted

Account Restricted

If this movie had been 30 minutes long, it would've been better. But 100 minutes of this boring crap was just a waste of time. How anyone could like this movie is beyond me...

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 09:28 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote:
What do you expect? You kill a little girl in cold blood and expect to get away with it? Technically, the father is a criminal, too.

suppose...

quote:
If this movie had been 30 minutes long, it would've been better. But 100 minutes of this boring crap was just a waste of time. How anyone could like this movie is beyond me...

different strokes n all that... it surprises me how people can like movies that i think are utter tripe... u'd be surprised the reviews i've read...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 09:42 PM
Mane
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ok, maybe you didn't like AVP, but that's different. That actually has a plot. This, this is just...crap.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 09:46 PM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

In a word, the movie was basic.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 09:48 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote:
Originally posted by Mane
Ok, maybe you didn't like AVP, but that's different. That actually has a plot. This, this is just...crap.

i wasnt talking about avp actually...

basic... sure, i can see why you'd see it that way, simple premise, small cast (among other things), hey, i'm not gonna argue, i'm not trying to convert...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 09:51 PM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's not amazing, but I enjoyed the film, love the atmosphere before all the shoot outs and so on. I don't see it as one of Carpenter's worst though.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 11:34 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CrazyEyes
Darkness Cannon

I though the original was a great film, second only to Dawn Of The Dead 1978. The whole atmosphere felt like a zombie film, my friend even said the gang-members were like zombies, you shoot one and 2 more take it's place.

Ah waffels! wooHooo!!
- Hiro

Old Post Jan 9th, 2005 06:41 PM
CrazyEyes is currently offline Click here to Send CrazyEyes a Private Message Find more posts by CrazyEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote