KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Bourne Ultimatum !! Any news, or rumors

The Bourne Ultimatum !! Any news, or rumors
Started by: lau_timmy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lau_timmy

The Bourne Ultimatum !! Any news, or rumors

Apparantly producer Frank Marshall announced recently that a screenplay IS being written for "The Bourne Ultimatum", with a proposed 2006 release (because Damon has other projects, and now Greengrass is doing "The Watchmen").

In terms of Kirill - he was a cool character, very effective, and excellently played by Karl Urban, but I think it's safe to say that he was pretty much near death by the end of "Supremacy", and it's doubtful we'll be seeing him return. But then again, anything's possible. In fact, I kinda wish he would come back, as Urban had an amazing presence and made for a fantastic heavy.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 01:22 AM
lau_timmy is currently offline Click here to Send lau_timmy a Private Message Find more posts by lau_timmy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

If you want, you can go read the books and catch up that way smile

No news on the movie yet, besides that, from what I've seen. Personally, I can't wait for the movie to be out. Supremacy was excellent, no doubt about it.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 02:11 AM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lau_timmy

August 25, 2004 - The Moviehole website recently sat down with Matt Damon to discuss his forthcoming projects, including the third film in the increasingly popular Bourne franchise.

Damon tells the site that he's looking forward to the next installment, entitled The Bourne Ultimatum. "They [the studio] definitely want one now," Damon says. "It's a great place to be in, because now we can kind of just [sit] back and listen to people's different ideas on what the third one should be. And if there is a third one... I'm going to have to do it."

Damon also reveals that helmer Paul Greengrass, who directed the recent second installment in the series, is keen to return for the third film. "He and I talked about it and he's open to the idea. The one fear with this movie [Supremacy] is that the director has such success that they get offered everything under the sun and want have time to come back and do the next sequel."

The Robert Ludlum novel on which the film would be based was first published in 1990. In the book, David Webb, professor of Oriental studies, husband, and father, must do what he hoped he would never have to do again – assume the identity of Jason Bourne. His plan is simple: to infiltrate the Medusa group and use himself as bait to lure his nemesis, the Jackal, into a deadly trap.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2005 11:45 PM
lau_timmy is currently offline Click here to Send lau_timmy a Private Message Find more posts by lau_timmy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lau_timmy

I heard that Ben Affleck might be be the villain. It is good to have Affleck and Damon together since they are best friends. But Affleck hasn't been having a good career in hollywood so I am not sure.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 07:30 AM
BlazingBarrells

that would be interesting. i for one enjoy afflecks films. who knows maybe he can be a badass badguy

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 08:37 PM
BlazingBarrells is currently offline Click here to Send BlazingBarrells a Private Message Find more posts by BlazingBarrells Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

These movies are popular, both have done very well with critics and audiences alike. Damon is all about doing a third installment, so it will get made. Affleck should never be in a bourne movie, because bourne movies have a good chance of doing well, and being good. If you put affleck in the mix, those chances turn to shit.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 12:49 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlazingBarrells

those chances turn to shit. IMO i dont believe so. i mean yeah he has made some lame movies. but he has made some good ones, so its all in the chances.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 05:21 AM
BlazingBarrells is currently offline Click here to Send BlazingBarrells a Private Message Find more posts by BlazingBarrells Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Filmmaker451
the spirit within

I loved the bourne films. He's like james bond but more realistic like everything he does you can actually believe them happen in real life. I'm not dissing james bond(Die another day, Yes winkstick out tongue ) but I'm saying i just love his style. Matt damon is a really good actor and those movies were fun. Not that I want greengrass to put watchmen on the pause but I say move along with this project and move along fast. I hope damon does this before ocean's thirteen cause I really want to see it. It's a shame they wont make a fourth film for the bourne legacy and don't say they will cause I heard in old news already that there will never be a fourth film. Too bad. I won't read ultimatum cause I want the movie to surpise me but after it comes out and I see it I will head to the bookstore to read legacy.

The saga is complete! Buy the beginning of the end trilogy in stores today

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 09:46 AM
Filmmaker451 is currently offline Click here to Send Filmmaker451 a Private Message Find more posts by Filmmaker451 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kanis
L dragon

alien I found that the bourne supremacy was boring and that the pace of the movie seemed sluggish, it just seemed that they were doing the same as the bourne identity plus they screwed the film up by killing off alex conklin in the bourne identity and marie in the supremacy who are both essential characters to webb's and bourne's mind.

The dragon lord cometh

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 10:34 AM
kanis is currently offline Click here to Send kanis a Private Message Find more posts by kanis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crickey77

I really liked the first two movies - good action and suspense, plus I thought Matt Damon did a good job with the part.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 03:59 PM
crickey77 is currently offline Click here to Send crickey77 a Private Message Find more posts by crickey77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bah, i hated all of the Bourne movies.

An Ancient Prophecy . . . The deity shall walk forth . . .

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 04:01 PM
Soren the Mage is currently offline Click here to Send Soren the Mage a Private Message Find more posts by Soren the Mage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abnicirici

quote: (post)
Originally posted by LordSorgo
Bah, i hated all of the Bourne movies.

What the hell are you talking about ? I love the Bourne Movies, because I loved more action than the romantic scenes!

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 06:38 AM
abnicirici is currently offline Click here to Send abnicirici a Private Message Find more posts by abnicirici Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cepheus

I LOVED the first one, the second one was... above good but below great. I love Julia Stile's character tho

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 07:50 AM
Cepheus is currently offline Click here to Send Cepheus a Private Message Find more posts by Cepheus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kanis
L dragon

alien oh I'm not blaming matt damon but they have screwed themselves over.

The dragon lord cometh

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 12:55 PM
kanis is currently offline Click here to Send kanis a Private Message Find more posts by kanis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lordofwar

Jason Bourne to Face Gael Garcia Bernal?
Source: The Hollywood Reporter October 3, 2006

The Bourne Ultimatum, the third installment of the hit action series, began shooting this week in Tangier, but it is still without a worthy nemesis for its amnesiac spy hero, Jason Bourne.

The Hollywood Reporter says that an offer has gone out to Mexican actor Gael Garcia Bernal to take on the role, though talks have not yet begun. Bernal, whose credits include Amores perros, Y tu mamá también and The Motorcycle Diaries, is currently in theaters with Michel Gondry's The Science of Sleep.

Matt Damon reprises his title role, and Joan Allen and Julia Stiles are also back, as is Paul Greengrass, who directed the 2004 sequel The Bourne Supremacy. David Strathairn (Good Night, And Good Luck.) is new to the cast.

The story centers on Bourne uncovering mysteries of his past, which puts him in the cross-hairs of a superkiller. In addition to Tangier, shooting locations include Madrid, Paris, New York, London and Riga.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 09:46 AM
lordofwar is currently offline Click here to Send lordofwar a Private Message Find more posts by lordofwar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

That would so rock...

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 09:18 PM
DeVi| D0do is currently offline Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by lordofwar
Jason Bourne to Face Gael Garcia Bernal?

No.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 10:05 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lordofwar

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 12:00 AM
lordofwar is currently offline Click here to Send lordofwar a Private Message Find more posts by lordofwar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

would be nice

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 07:41 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lordofwar

Old Post Apr 21st, 2007 07:48 AM