KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Biggest movie event of the decade

Biggest movie event of the decade
Started by: DarkAge

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkAge
Stronger than fear

Biggest movie event of the decade

What do you think will end up being the biggest movie event of the decade? Superman Returns? Lord of the Rings 3? Fahrenheit 9/11? Revenge of the Sith? Tell me your opinion.

"Be yourself. Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

Old Post Jan 15th, 2005 07:31 AM
DarkAge is currently offline Click here to Send DarkAge a Private Message Find more posts by DarkAge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Can't predict 9 years into the future, and there was a 3rd LOTR. But, naturally the end of Star Wars will be huge. By end, I mean the 5 years he lets people honestly think the Saga was over, before shitting out an all CGI, no actor prequel trilogy to the OT.

Last edited by Cory Chaos on Jan 15th, 2005 at 07:35 AM

Old Post Jan 15th, 2005 07:32 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkAge
Stronger than fear

9 years? More like 5.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 01:05 AM
DarkAge is currently offline Click here to Send DarkAge a Private Message Find more posts by DarkAge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

it is a bit early to say, but most likely lotr will be among the list, make this list 4 years from now, and then we'll talk

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 03:20 AM
Drifter101 is currently offline Click here to Send Drifter101 a Private Message Find more posts by Drifter101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkAge
Stronger than fear

OK. *looks at watch and waits*

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 03:57 AM
Morning_Glory
Sleeping In My Soul

Re: Biggest movie event of the decade

quote:
Originally posted by DarkAge
What do you think will end up being the biggest movie event of the decade? Superman Returns? Lord of the Rings 3? Fahrenheit 9/11? Revenge of the Sith? Tell me your opinion.

do you mean the biggest movie of 2005???

because no one hear knows what movies are really coming out in 2009 or 2010

and Superman returns or Farenheit 9/11(give me a break!) roll eyes (sarcastic)

Last edited by Morning_Glory on Jan 16th, 2005 at 04:06 AM

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 04:04 AM
Morning_Glory is currently offline Click here to Send Morning_Glory a Private Message Find more posts by Morning_Glory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
9 years? More like 5.

From 2001 to 2010 was how *I* was tooking at it.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 04:47 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lord of the Rings

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 04:55 AM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkAge
Stronger than fear

Yeah, except it's 2005, not 2001.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 04:55 AM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Nevermind. I'm saying I can't predict the future of cinema at the end of 9 years, as if you were counting from 2005 FORWARD, 9 years from NOW.

Last edited by Cory Chaos on Jan 16th, 2005 at 05:31 AM

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 05:05 AM
Ou Be Low hoo
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Yeah, except it's 2005, not 2001.

Word.

Cinemaddiction, if you are talking about 'the movie event of the decade', why do you not include the year 2000? Strange...so strange...

I think it must be agreed, that thus far, the movie event of recent times has to be Lord Of The Rings...only something very special could top that, and I really don't think it's going to be a new star wars movie.

Ou, Ou, Ou is all you Need...

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 05:06 AM
Ou Be Low hoo is currently offline Click here to Send Ou Be Low hoo a Private Message Find more posts by Ou Be Low hoo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morning_Glory
Sleeping In My Soul

I hope there is a bigger movie than LOTR by the end of the decade -

I have to agree with Ou Be (ugh!!!mad ) for once-- i dont think the new star wars movie will be that great... I have the biggest fear it will be disappointing

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 05:09 AM
Morning_Glory is currently offline Click here to Send Morning_Glory a Private Message Find more posts by Morning_Glory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by Ou Be Low hoo
Word.

Cinemaddiction, if you are talking about 'the movie event of the decade', why do you not include the year 2000? Strange...so strange...

If you want to split hairs, which you obviously do, then a "decade", being 10 years, would end in 2009.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 05:21 AM
Tex
Yumsz

As it stands now the LOTR's.

But maybe Superman.

But I wouldn't rule out Batman Begins or King Kong.
Also Francis Ford Copolla is developing an intelligent futuristic film about NYC.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 05:25 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ou Be Low hoo
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
If you want to split hairs, which you obviously do, then a "decade", being 10 years, would end in 2009.

Did you fail math at school?

I think it is quite obvious that any retrospective on the decade would be 2000-2010 inclusive.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 05:27 AM
Ou Be Low hoo is currently offline Click here to Send Ou Be Low hoo a Private Message Find more posts by Ou Be Low hoo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

1980-1989 =10 years (decade)
1990-1999 =10 years (decade)
2000-2009 =10 years (decade)

The zero's confuse! laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 05:32 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

I was being a smartass. "obviously". Ironic, no?

Anywho, "The decade", not being relegated to neither 2000, or 2005, could be seen starting at either year.

Back on topic, if you please.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 05:33 AM
Ou Be Low hoo
Restricted

Account Restricted

'Semantics' are not things that irritate your dog.

It's not very smart to fail to grasp an un-stated obviousness.

Anyway...if 'Fahrenheit 9/11' is included as an 'event', then so too is 'The Passion Of Jeebus' - a movie that transcended expectations, but also one that I refuse to see on the basis of being all 'fantasyed' out after 3 LOTR movies...

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 05:41 AM
bakerboy

When the decade is finished, ill answer you.

John Lennon, Musical genius of all time

Helen Mirren and Julie Christie , most lovely british actresses of all time.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 06:04 PM
bakerboy is currently offline Click here to Send bakerboy a Private Message Find more posts by bakerboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote