KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Sundance!

Sundance!
Started by: bookfiend22

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
bookfiend22

Sundance!

Is anyone going to Sundance? It’s definitely my favorite film festival – it just seems so much less pretentious than, say, the one in Cannes… Which films are you guys looking forward to the most?

for those of you that are interested, I just found this site that gives you alerts about what’s going on out there in Utah: let me know if you guys want the url!

....in the mean time in case you're interested my favorite movies are: the Karate Kid, Rushmore, the Station Agent, and Donnie Darko

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 06:13 PM
bookfiend22 is currently offline Click here to Send bookfiend22 a Private Message Find more posts by bookfiend22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

This is more for the movies section.

Moving....

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 07:29 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Station Agent was a good film, Patricia Clarkson is excellent.

Unfortunately, nowhere near Sundance, would love to go there one day in the future.

Lots of interesting films playing.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 11:49 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 12:57 AM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

I didn't know "Kung Fu Hustle" is going to be played in Sundance. http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/sundance...0635429300.html

Interestang!

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 01:00 AM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's out on dvd next month, can't wait.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 01:26 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bookfiend22

sorry! didn't realize i hadn't posted in the movie section (guess i wasn't paying attention)...

i'm also looking forward to "hustle and flow," which is definitely getting the biggest buzz so far.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 04:48 PM
bookfiend22 is currently offline Click here to Send bookfiend22 a Private Message Find more posts by bookfiend22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snicketgurl2010

Does anybody have any information on Mysterious Skin(premieres January 29th and 28th?) I can't go to the festival(school=evil!) and I really wanted to see the movie!!!!
Anybody know where I can find links to seeing live coverage from the festival?

"If you want to see the littlest elf, go to theater 8."
~ Lemony Snicket(Jude Law) Lemony Snicket's A Series Of Unfortunate Events

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 06:17 PM
Snicketgurl2010 is currently offline Click here to Send Snicketgurl2010 a Private Message Find more posts by Snicketgurl2010 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shugie99

I would love to go but it sounds like its getting a little cheesy Hollywood. I read about Paris Hilton being there.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 06:42 PM
shugie99 is currently offline Click here to Send shugie99 a Private Message Find more posts by shugie99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snicketgurl2010

There's video showing her on Yahoo. Why would she be there? Sundance is for movies... (unless she's in one but last I checked she wasn't......)

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 07:59 PM
Snicketgurl2010 is currently offline Click here to Send Snicketgurl2010 a Private Message Find more posts by Snicketgurl2010 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

quote:
Originally posted by Snicketgurl2010
There's video showing her on Yahoo. Why would she be there? Sundance is for movies... (unless she's in one but last I checked she wasn't......)

maybe she likes movies? so she wanted to go

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 08:29 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
scott hiwersh

I would do anything to go... sad I cannot!

Did anyone go? What is the Ring of Fire one about? Is it the boxing one? I read an article about it if it is, supposed to be great.

I hope Paris isn't there...

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 11:27 PM
scott hiwersh is currently offline Find more posts by scott hiwersh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snicketgurl2010

i still wish I could go.....
Does anybody have anything on Mysterious Skin?! I'm desperate!!!!

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 08:02 PM
bookfiend22

I know a site that will show you updates but I'm not allowed to show it, so....

And yes, Ring of Fire is the boxing movie (about a 1962 fight). And I have no idea about what Mysterious Skin is about

Old Post Jan 27th, 2005 06:36 PM
Snicketgurl2010

Here's a summary I found on Yahoo!
A teenage hustler and a young man obsessed with alien abductions cross paths, together discovering a horrible, liberating truth
The cast is:Brady Corbet, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Michelle Trachtenberg, Jeff Licon, Bill Sage, Mary Lynn Rajskup, Elisabeth Shue, Lisa Long, Chris Mulkey
And it's directed by Gregg Araki.
That's all I know......

Old Post Jan 27th, 2005 08:23 PM
Snicketgurl2010

That info. is for the Movie Mysterious Skin by the way.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2005 08:23 PM
Snicketgurl2010

It's also based on a book by Scott Heim, which is also called "Mysterious Skin." The book is REALLY good.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2005 08:25 PM
scott hiwersh

Bookfiend22, did you go or something? What is with all the info all of a sudden? Was Paris really there? What a dork. I have no heard anything about any of the films really, besides Hustle&Flow, Inside Deep Throat and Ring of Fire... Did anyone get to go? Anyone live near there?

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2005 09:47 PM
scott hiwersh is currently offline Find more posts by scott hiwersh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote