KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Hotel Rwanda

Hotel Rwanda
Started by: ash007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ash007
Strength and Honour

Sleep Hotel Rwanda

It has been a while since any film has moved me like Hotel Rwanda did. It was hard not to be ashamed as a Western when thinking about how the world turned its back on a community because it wasn't in our own "backyard". It was also hard not to be disgusted at the insidious way humans treat other humans.

While the subject matter was disturbing, I was overcome with a sense of pride for the hero as I watch him develop into a strong and brave man who was willing to sacrifice everything in order to protect the people around him.

I also felt that the directing and casting was fantastic. Don Cheadle portrayed Paul Rusesabagina very well. He captured all of the emotions that one could only imagine Paul Rusesabinga would experience and made them believable.

This is a film that I recommend everyone should see.

http://www.ultimatedvd.org/en/Trail...r_Id=2142859405

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.These words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie -- as awisdom, and warning. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged.

"One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half.-----Sir Winston Churchill

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 08:40 PM
ash007 is currently offline Click here to Send ash007 a Private Message Find more posts by ash007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillTheLight
=bound by wild desire=

I've been waiting to see this movie for a while now.I'm definitely going to see this movie it looks great.

This afternoon with you was something like a letter
The kind that someone writes but never sends

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 09:17 PM
KillTheLight is currently offline Click here to Send KillTheLight a Private Message Find more posts by KillTheLight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

quote:
Originally posted by KillTheLight
I've been waiting to see this movie for a while now.I'm definitely going to see this movie it looks great.

Definately, but I'll be waiting for the dvd. Traffic is horrible going down to the only theatre here that plays indie films.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 11:35 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morning_Glory
Sleeping In My Soul

I think I will wait for it to come out on DVD .. but I want to see it

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 11:40 PM
Morning_Glory is currently offline Click here to Send Morning_Glory a Private Message Find more posts by Morning_Glory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Well, I saw "Hotel Rwanda" this afternoon and thought it was fair. Don Cheadle was magnificent, but the story took way too long to get interesting. It was slow to grab me, and the implied sense of fear and tension never really formulated until extremely late in the movie, right before the happy ending.

There were some scenes that were intended to shock, but it was somewhat flawed. I admire Paul's sacrifices, but aside from Cheadle, it just seemed so uninspired. Guess I'll be the only one to harbor such feelings, I'm sure.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2005 01:34 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Outstanding, amazing, powerful movie, I was in tears during much of the film. Don Cheadle, hands down, should have won best actor this year for his performance. Infinitely better then Jamie Foxx, who was merely doing an impression during his entire performance. The emotional center was stronger in this movie then any other I've seen in a long, long time. It was only made stronger by Paul's characer, who in the film was hiding his emotions from everyone around him trying to stay poised, Don Cheadle did this beautifully, the first time I've seen an actor surpress acted emotions. Stunning film, gripped me from start to finish.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 07:31 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Don Cheadle has always been a terrific actor. He was brilliant in Rosewood.

Have yet to see Hotel Rwanda, but why, oh why, is it PG-13? I thought it was about genocide!!!!

Old Post Apr 11th, 2005 06:56 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Nice to see the interest in this thread.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2005 11:21 AM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

If it is out on video or dvd I may try to watch it.JM

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2005 11:52 AM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

It is out today as a matter of fact.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2005 01:38 PM
crickey77

I've been really looking forward to this one. Everyone seems to have been moved by it and it is such an incredible story.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2005 04:32 PM
crickey77 is currently offline Click here to Send crickey77 a Private Message Find more posts by crickey77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Captive
yourz truly

I just saw it and my gosh, i could not believe this actually happened. This movie really gives you a smack of reality. Paul was excellent in it, and i cried for most of the movie...

Join the Darkside!

"You can not love or hate something about another person unless it reflects to you something you love or hate about yourself."

[[myspace.com/dlshs1]]

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 03:59 PM
Captive is currently offline Click here to Send Captive a Private Message Find more posts by Captive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Am watching it tonight. It must be PG-13 for thematic elements, though they can't be too detrimental or else it would have been rated R.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 06:15 PM
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Don Cheadle was excellent, as usual. I hate the fact that he seems to be excelling in those particular roles - he's becoming a typecastee, so to speak.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 11:08 AM
shugie99

The whole cast was amazing. They were all very convincing. This is a great movie. I highly recommend it. I learned a lot, but its also a great story.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 09:02 PM
shugie99 is currently offline Click here to Send shugie99 a Private Message Find more posts by shugie99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dudester

I have been wanting to rent it but it has been out every single time that i have gone to blockbuster sad

Old Post Apr 28th, 2005 03:01 AM
Dudester is currently offline Click here to Send Dudester a Private Message Find more posts by Dudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cepheus

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Well, I saw "Hotel Rwanda" this afternoon and thought it was fair. Don Cheadle was magnificent, but the story took way too long to get interesting. It was slow to grab me, and the implied sense of fear and tension never really formulated until extremely late in the movie, right before the happy ending.

There were some scenes that were intended to shock, but it was somewhat flawed. I admire Paul's sacrifices, but aside from Cheadle, it just seemed so uninspired. Guess I'll be the only one to harbor such feelings, I'm sure.

are there any movies u actually like? laughing out loud

I LOVED it!! powerful, moving, sad, happy, I felt like every emotion there is!

great ending great actors great movie!!

I highly recommend it!
10/10!!

Old Post Apr 30th, 2005 03:14 PM
Cepheus is currently offline Click here to Send Cepheus a Private Message Find more posts by Cepheus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

I love Hotel Rwanda. Great story about a brave man........made better by the fact that it is a true story. It's good to know there are still people out there like Paul in the film.

Old Post May 1st, 2005 05:49 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote: (post)
Originally posted by IceWithin
are there any movies u actually like? laughing out loud

I LOVED it!! powerful, moving, sad, happy, I felt like every emotion there is!

great ending great actors great movie!!

I highly recommend it!
10/10!!

One guy shouldn't have to make a movie. I read that there were a lot of exagerrations and liberties taken with the movie. I wasn't moved like you guys were, that's all. Maybe I'm jaded. Cheadle's character was noble, but it seemed more like a propaganda film for some branches, than one to shed light on the Rwandan massacre and its hero.

Old Post May 1st, 2005 08:38 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dudester

I finally was able to rent it last night but did watch the whole thing because I fell asleep but from what I have watch was really sad but really good

Old Post May 2nd, 2005 12:45 AM
Dudester is currently offline Click here to Send Dudester a Private Message Find more posts by Dudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote