KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » ? about qt's movies

? about qt's movies
Started by: rox

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
rox

Question ? about qt's movies

r the scenes out of order in all his movies

Old Post Mar 17th, 2004 09:37 PM
rox is currently offline Click here to Send rox a Private Message Find more posts by rox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Reservoir Dogs - Yes
Pulp Fiction - Yes
Jackie Brown - ... no I think
Kill Bill - Yes

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2004 10:49 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Well, I really don't know how to explain it........Here is a metaphor: When you're watching his movies is like reading a book. Most books have chapters, Chapters make the storyline organize. The Scenes are structure to be introduce first, and explain later. An example is Pulp Fiction, the characters in the begining return to conclude the film. You might consider it an epilogue, but it really isn't is like a conclusion of all the events that took place in the story. That's the only thing I can think of right now. I hope it helps somehow.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2004 10:58 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rox

thanks

Old Post Mar 17th, 2004 11:51 PM
rox is currently offline Click here to Send rox a Private Message Find more posts by rox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

WindDancer - I'm not sure if thats really how it is in Pulp. In Res Dogs its starts off with Mr Orange bleeding and then it explains what happened. And Kill Bill is kind of like that. But the beginning of Pulp isn't explained in the movie because it didn't show how the robbers got to where they are.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2004 02:32 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

i don't remember jackie brown to well..i'm thinking about renting it again and see if I will like it more this time around...all the others id say they are out of order..I really like that!

Old Post Mar 18th, 2004 07:24 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
black_mamba01
Deadly Viper

There are scenes in Jackie Brown that are disjointed. For example, we see what happens to Jackie, and thn we see the scene from Melanie and Louis' POV. and then again from Max

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2004 05:21 AM
black_mamba01 is currently offline Click here to Send black_mamba01 a Private Message Find more posts by black_mamba01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Yeah, I just remembered that before reading your post. Most of it is in order but the scene with the bag switch is shown 2 or 3 times from different perspectives.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2004 10:15 AM
mook

i think windancers comparison to reading a book is quite good.

the story is told but not always in chronological order and sometimes the same events from different POV's.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2004 12:39 PM
mook is currently offline Click here to Send mook a Private Message Find more posts by mook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Thanks mook big grin

Myth that's true but you can also argue that the scene in the restaurant. Can be consider an introduction and as an epilogue in the story. Or something similar to that.

Last edited by WanderingDroid on Mar 23rd, 2004 at 10:23 PM

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2004 10:21 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote