KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Making/Special Effects Thread

Movie Making/Special Effects Thread
Started by: rampageman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
rampageman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Making a Movie: Need Special Effects

My friend Andrew and I are making a movie about a heist. This movie will, of course, include several gun fights, car chases, explosions, etc...

If you know how to make any of these things at home, easily, then I'm all ears.

To anyone that helps me out, I would be more than willing to send you a copy of the movie once it's done!

Cheers,

Jason

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 06:47 PM
rampageman is currently offline Click here to Send rampageman a Private Message Find more posts by rampageman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rampageman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Argh!!! Come on guys! Help me out!

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 06:49 PM
rampageman is currently offline Click here to Send rampageman a Private Message Find more posts by rampageman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rampageman
Restricted

Account Restricted

guys! gimme a break here! I need these! If the movie does good, it's gonna play at the Globe cinema! So you could be the difference between mine and your success and mine and your defeat.

Cheers,

Jason

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 06:52 PM
rampageman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Please guys, I'm desperate here! We need anything! All that we can get!

Cheers,

Jason

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 06:57 PM
botankus
Bass-ackwards

First of all, give KMC users more than 2 minutes to reply to a thread before going beserk. There are members from around the globe in different time zones.

As far as your movie goes, I would suggest using live ammunition during the gun fights.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 06:59 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rampageman
Restricted

Account Restricted

wow! that was awesome. Maybe i will. Just for you. and if i die, i'll send you the morgue bills!wink

Well, lol, if you have any real ones, im all ears.

Cheers,

Justin

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 07:01 PM
botankus
Bass-ackwards

quote:
Originally posted by rampageman
My friend Andrew and I are making a movie about a heist. This movie will, of course, include several gun fights, car chases, explosions, etc...

If you know how to make any of these things at home, easily, then I'm all ears.

To anyone that helps me out, I would be more than willing to send you a copy of the movie once it's done!

Cheers,

Jason

quote:
Originally posted by rampageman
wow! that was awesome. Maybe i will. Just for you. and if i die, i'll send you the morgue bills!wink

Well, lol, if you have any real ones, im all ears.

Cheers,

Justin

So you went from Jason to Justin in 10 minutes??

BTW, there was a spammer who used to post and end his post with
Cheers,
Justin

a while back, but I don't remember what his Username of the Day was.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 07:04 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rampageman
Restricted

Account Restricted

lol, i have many different aliases. lol. But ya, It's jason. You see, im sitting here in my school library with my friend jason biggs, and he wrote that last one. lol. So ya. What was the guy's username that put, "cheers, Justin?"

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 07:06 PM
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Why not just end it with....

Cheers,
rampageman

??

Considering Justin or Jason aren't your real names, what would be the difference? Maybe you wouldn't confuse the two!

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 07:07 PM
botankus
Bass-ackwards

BTW, click here for the old "Justin." Remember him? Your old username before you were banned? lol

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 07:11 PM
fanatos
Artificial Intelligence

What are you shooting on? Film or video?

I see your face with every punch I take,
And every bone I break - it's all for you!

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 09:17 PM
fanatos is currently offline Click here to Send fanatos a Private Message Find more posts by fanatos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rampageman
Restricted

Account Restricted

well, fanatos, i'm not quite sure what you mean, but i'm shooting it with a video camera, but like a proffessional one...

Having said that, do you know how to make any special effects?

Cheers,

RAMPAGEMAN!

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 11:23 PM
fanatos
Artificial Intelligence

Well, video camera? No matter how professional it is, no video can ever replace film! But film is expensive wink , that means that there's no point in making a movie if you can't afford shooting on film.

As for the special effects, yes, I know and I make them. I make effects in MAYA, I composit in Combustion, I edit in Premiere, but I cannot edit video! I edit FILM ONLY smile . Film that is - high resolution non compressed image sequences. Now, video - video is f**ked up, it cannot be captured in high resolution with getting a good quality, and video is interlaced, interlaced footages cannot be composited wink .

So, my advice is - shoot on film or don't shoot at all!

P.S.
Video cannot be shown in theatres, only film can! Video can be output to film, but the quality will stink.

BTW, what's your budget. No one will make effects for you if you don't have a dozen million $$$.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2005 12:18 AM
fanatos is currently offline Click here to Send fanatos a Private Message Find more posts by fanatos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fanatos
Artificial Intelligence

Wait, are you saying special effects or visual effects confused ?

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2005 12:25 AM
Gannon
Mild Mannered

use ketchup for blood. and for gun fire on the ground put a board on a rock like a see saw and cover one end with dirt. then as you run by step on the other end. it looks like the bullet is hitting the ground.thumb up

deviantArt | Duel Record 12:7 | My Sigs

Last edited by Gannon on Feb 23rd, 2005 at 12:49 AM

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2005 12:46 AM
Gannon is currently offline Click here to Send Gannon a Private Message Find more posts by Gannon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rampageman
Restricted

Account Restricted

thanks guys, but ya, fantos, i did mean film and yes, I did mean special effects, not visual effects

Cheers,

Jason

Old Post Feb 24th, 2005 06:11 PM
rampageman
Restricted

Account Restricted

So, anyone else with any ideas for special effects... like... wow, I need them really bad!

Please give me and my friend some help!

Thanks to all that have helped out already!

Cheers,

Jason

Old Post Feb 24th, 2005 06:25 PM
Norma Jean
Restricted

Account Restricted

Put ketchup in plastic bags under your shirt and pop them when you get shot.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2005 06:33 PM
Norma Jean is currently offline Click here to Send Norma Jean a Private Message Find more posts by Norma Jean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rampageman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sweet deal! thanks bud.... Keep em coming guys! These are GREAT!

Cheers,

Justin

Old Post Feb 24th, 2005 06:43 PM
rampageman
Restricted

Account Restricted

OH, and if i didnt mention it before, i would be more than willing to send whoever helps me out a copy of the film when it's done

Cheers,

Jason

Old Post Feb 24th, 2005 06:49 PM