KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » XXX: State of the Union (2005)

XXX: State of the Union (2005)
Started by: lau_timmy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lau_timmy

XXX: State of the Union (2005)

This is the sequel to the 2002 spy movie, XXX, which ended up making $141 million in the U.S. on a budget of $85 million. In an unusual move, director Rob Cohen and star Vin Diesel both signed on for this sequel before the first film had even opened. Their haste probably guaranteed this film was put on the fast track, but as it turns out, neither Cohen nor Diesel will be returning for this sequel, just like how they didn't return for 2 Fast 2 Furious either.

This sequel the follows the adventures of another criminal Darious Stone(Ice Cube) who is forced by NSA Agent Gibbons (Jackson) into becoming a super field agent under their new "XXX" program. He is sent to Washington, DC to diffuse a power struggle amongst national leaders. Die Another Day director Lee Tamahori is the top choice to direct this sequel. I though that Lee Tamahori did a pretty good job on James Bond so I hope that this one will come out good too.

This movie looks better than the first. The trailer looks very promising. Ice Cube looks good as the new hero and Willem Dafoe looks awesome as the villain. I am definitely going to see this movie. Does anyone else agree

Last edited by lau_timmy on Feb 27th, 2005 at 12:03 AM

Old Post Feb 27th, 2005 12:00 AM
lau_timmy is currently offline Click here to Send lau_timmy a Private Message Find more posts by lau_timmy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ericadurancefan
looking for hott chicks

i said 2 fast 2 furious was going to suck without diesel but it wound up being better than the first and maybe it will happen with this one too

Old Post Feb 27th, 2005 12:08 AM
ericadurancefan is currently offline Click here to Send ericadurancefan a Private Message Find more posts by ericadurancefan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

worst movie ever

Old Post Feb 27th, 2005 12:41 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lau_timmy

The reason that XXX wasn't that good was because of a poor script. XXXmessedtate of the Union seems to have a much more interesting script and thereby I am hoping that it will be a better movie. Rob Cohen's direction in XXX was good. Not great but good for the genre. Lee Tamahori did a pretty good job directing Die Another Day (but whether the movie was good or not is already a different topic). His visual style is better than Cohen's, he makes decent action scenes and his fast forward editing would be perfect for a movie like XXX: SotU. He even brought along cinematographer David Tatersall from DAD . They have a much better director which will make it a much better movie.

Last edited by lau_timmy on Feb 27th, 2005 at 01:37 AM

Old Post Feb 27th, 2005 01:34 AM
lau_timmy is currently offline Click here to Send lau_timmy a Private Message Find more posts by lau_timmy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

Looks better than the first one, I'll give it that.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2005 04:53 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

looks like has frozen over

Old Post Feb 27th, 2005 06:07 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

Urgh! I hate Vin Desil!

Old Post Feb 27th, 2005 08:13 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

looks like a completely stupid movie once again.. but this one does look more entertaining.. its a popcorn flick and thats it

Old Post Feb 27th, 2005 08:43 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

you would need popcorn laced with Lsd to enjoy this movie

Old Post Feb 27th, 2005 11:48 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
said 2 fast 2 furious was going to suck without diesel but it wound up being better than the first

Uh huh...

Anyway, I enjoyed xXx for a fun movie, Asia Argento and the Prague setting, so I am looking forwards to the second movie if it can beat the first one. Trailer looks fun fun fun.

Without Asia Argento sad

Old Post Feb 27th, 2005 12:56 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Teah, any movie headlining an actor with the word ice or cube in the name i tend to try and avoid.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2005 03:22 PM
lau_timmy

This will be better than the first. Ice Cube is a badder ass than that pansy Diesel. I will spend my money on this one.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2005 06:42 AM
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by BackFire
worst movie ever
Are we forgeting Darkness Falls?

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Mar 1st, 2005 08:41 AM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

I only saw the ending to Darkness Falls, didn't seem too bad erm

But you must be forgetting 'House of the Dead,' which was the WORST ever, along with Shaun of the Dead.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2005 09:03 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaldro
Newcomer

I wouldn't mind watching this movie. Besides, I like any movie when it comes to Ice Cube. I got to hand it to that guy...Remember "The Friday After Next"? I especially love that movie.

Master! We're late! What?
Is this your first time with a lightsaber or something?
Stop swinging it around! Let's go!

Old Post Mar 1st, 2005 09:06 AM
Kaldro is currently offline Click here to Send Kaldro a Private Message Find more posts by Kaldro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Napalm
Mr. Hyde

Re: XXX: State of the Union (2005)

quote:
Originally posted by lau_timmy
This is the sequel to the 2002 spy movie, XXX, which ended up making $141 million in the U.S. on a budget of $85 million. In an unusual move, director Rob Cohen and star Vin Diesel both signed on for this sequel before the first film had even opened. Their haste probably guaranteed this film was put on the fast track, but as it turns out, neither Cohen nor Diesel will be returning for this sequel, just like how they didn't return for 2 Fast 2 Furious either.

This sequel the follows the adventures of another criminal Darious Stone(Ice Cube) who is forced by NSA Agent Gibbons (Jackson) into becoming a super field agent under their new "XXX" program. He is sent to Washington, DC to diffuse a power struggle amongst national leaders. Die Another Day director Lee Tamahori is the top choice to direct this sequel. I though that Lee Tamahori did a pretty good job on James Bond so I hope that this one will come out good too.

This movie looks better than the first. The trailer looks very promising. Ice Cube looks good as the new hero and Willem Dafoe looks awesome as the villain. I am definitely going to see this movie. Does anyone else agree

I bet $1,000 this movie sucks.

Bud list SlipknoT,42bardock,Freddy love,Similing Sadly,Mr Parker, Jackie Malfoy,Aku

Old Post Mar 1st, 2005 04:58 PM
Napalm is currently offline Click here to Send Napalm a Private Message Find more posts by Napalm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Oh God. The first one was terrible. I am disgusted that another sequel is made to a bad movie... but that's really what it's come down to, nowadays sick

Old Post Mar 1st, 2005 06:08 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

quote:
Originally posted by lau_timmy
This will be better than the first. Ice Cube is a badder ass than that pansy Diesel. I will spend my money on this one.

Ice Cube a badass??? maybe back in the 90's or something....

Old Post Mar 1st, 2005 09:25 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by BlackC@t
I only saw the ending to Darkness Falls, didn't seem too bad erm

But you must be forgetting 'House of the Dead,' which was the WORST ever, along with Shaun of the Dead.
You say Shaun of the Daed sucked but yet your brandishing a Return of the Living Dead 3 sig roll eyes (sarcastic)

But I completely agree about House of the Dead

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2005 12:17 AM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by WindDancer
Ice Cube a badass??? maybe back in the 90's or something....

"Are We There Yet?" is so gangsta.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2005 12:35 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote