KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Ground Squibs

Ground Squibs
Started by: elementdeltaX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
elementdeltaX

Ground Squibs

Hey guys does anyone know how to make inexpensive ground squibs. I'm doing a scene where the character is running from enemies who are firing at him and i am running low on ideas for showing the shots hit the ground behind him as he runs. All suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,
elementdeltaX

Old Post Mar 7th, 2005 09:06 PM
elementdeltaX is currently offline Click here to Send elementdeltaX a Private Message Find more posts by elementdeltaX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kimmeh
vixen

How about a Wendy's ketchup packet? laughing

Sorry, couldnt resist embarrasment

Old Post Mar 9th, 2005 07:34 AM
kimmeh is currently offline Click here to Send kimmeh a Private Message Find more posts by kimmeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
elementdeltaX

Anyone else have any ideas??

Thanks,
ElementdeltaX

Old Post Mar 10th, 2005 08:30 PM
elementdeltaX is currently offline Click here to Send elementdeltaX a Private Message Find more posts by elementdeltaX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arch Stanton

This could get tricky, but I've done it before with little packets of gunpowder with model rocket filament ingitors. You bury a thin wire or even leave it on top of the ground since they're so thin and then touch each wire to one of those heavy duty flashlight batteries in the order you want them to go off. You can probably accomplish this for no more than 25 bucks these days. I know it sounds a lot more complicated than it really is.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2005 12:38 AM
Arch Stanton is currently offline Click here to Send Arch Stanton a Private Message Find more posts by Arch Stanton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
elementdeltaX

Yea I was trying to come up with some sort of rig using wire and a battery and steel wool but i had nothing to ignite that would explode. Thanks for the idea sounds good. Any ideas on where I could get the gun powder smile ??

Thanks,
ElementDeltaX

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 03:29 AM