KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Quentin's Version of Battle Royale

Quentin's Version of Battle Royale
Started by: ms_erupt

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ms_erupt
Um...Me?

Quentin's Version of Battle Royale

I've heard that Quentin was thinking of making an American version of Battle Royale. Does anyone know anything about that?

Old Post Mar 12th, 2005 07:00 AM
ms_erupt is currently offline Click here to Send ms_erupt a Private Message Find more posts by ms_erupt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

It would never happen.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2005 01:59 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wild_7
Wild Seven Terrorist

He was featured on the japanese version of the battle royale dvd commenting on how brilliant the movie was but i havent heard of anything about a QT remake.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2005 11:00 PM
Wild_7 is currently offline Click here to Send Wild_7 a Private Message Find more posts by Wild_7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

i dont think he'd bother

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Sep 21st, 2005 02:50 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

No remake from Tarantino happening.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2005 03:16 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

Hmmm, it would be quite interesting if he were to, and he certainly liked it enough, even to have included one of the actresses in Kill Bill, though I don't know if he could remake something that would be as good as the original. And if it did ever come to pass it would surely get trouble from the Censors, I mean a bunch of American teens forced to fight to the death by the Government? Though the social commentary could be great.

From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2005 02:54 PM
Imperial_Samura is currently offline Click here to Send Imperial_Samura a Private Message Find more posts by Imperial_Samura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
halo_oasis24

Sleep

To remake a battle royale movie in english would be soo stupid!
I dont think in a million years that a "educational reform act" would be established in the u.s.a goverment ever!

Old Post Mar 10th, 2006 01:29 AM
halo_oasis24 is currently offline Click here to Send halo_oasis24 a Private Message Find more posts by halo_oasis24 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MildPossession
No remake from Tarantino happening.

Aside from 'City on fire' to 'Reservoir dogs'. And 'The dirty dozen' to 'Inglorious bastards'.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2006 02:53 AM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

Originally posted by DarkWizard
Aside from 'City on fire' to 'Reservoir dogs'. And 'The dirty dozen' to 'Inglorious bastards'.

There are enormous differences between "City on Fire" and "Reservoir Dogs". There are one, or maybe even two scenes that are similar in "City on Fire".

Don't comment on them being like remakes unless you've seen them.

As for "Inglorious Bastards" being a remake/tributation of "The Dirty Dozen", Tarantino commented that they won't be a thing a like.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2006 08:50 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

Originally posted by Solo
There are enormous differences between "City on Fire" and "Reservoir Dogs". There are one, or maybe even two scenes that are similar in "City on Fire".

That's all a matter of prospective, on what you consider a 'remake'.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2006 10:00 PM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

Originally posted by DarkWizard
That's all a matter of prospective, on what you consider a 'remake'.

Maybe, yes, but one should be able to tell how similiar two films are.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 05:07 AM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ECHUD123456
**** Fantastic Four

*was a double post sorry sad

Last edited by ECHUD123456 on Mar 20th, 2006 at 10:24 AM

Old Post Mar 20th, 2006 10:21 AM
ECHUD123456 is currently offline Click here to Send ECHUD123456 a Private Message Find more posts by ECHUD123456 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ECHUD123456
**** Fantastic Four

Worried Q.T. I dunno...........

I Don't Know About A Tarantino ReMake Of BR... He doesn't seem like the kind of director who would be good for it. I think Tony Scott maybe or better yet Zack Snyder I loved DOTD and i can't wait to see 300 and Rainbow Six just because he directs them, he'd be perfect (In my opinion) for a BR Remake, Certainly Not Q.T. He Revels in the kills in his movies you don't have time to have a brutal, wonderfull death for 42 (or more) different people in one flick! I love q.t... but not for Battle Royale and besides that a remake with an american director without japanese help would be silly the film and the book both have a very asian flavor to them

Old Post Mar 20th, 2006 10:23 AM
ECHUD123456 is currently offline Click here to Send ECHUD123456 a Private Message Find more posts by ECHUD123456 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Heaven's Sword
"Life is a game"

If a Battle Royale remake was made, wouldn't they change the names to English? That would be confusing, especially in the Lighthouse scene.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 05:01 PM
Heaven's Sword is currently offline Click here to Send Heaven's Sword a Private Message Find more posts by Heaven's Sword Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Noa
Da Funky Chicken!

Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
Hmmm, it would be quite interesting if he were to, and he certainly liked it enough, even to have included one of the actresses in Kill Bill, though I don't know if he could remake something that would be as good as the original. And if it did ever come to pass it would surely get trouble from the Censors, I mean a bunch of American teens forced to fight to the death by the Government? Though the social commentary could be great.

/\Cheers! That is exactly what I was thinking! big grin About the censors, I mean.

It would be really interesting to see an American version of BR! What would be great is if they were to take a sampling of the wildly different personalities of American teens. That might change the story a bit but it would give the new version an edge on the original BR's greatness.

QTVersion of BR= good

Thanks IceJaw!

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2006 12:41 AM
Noa is currently offline Click here to Send Noa a Private Message Find more posts by Noa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

There is an American remake coming, New Line are hoping on getting the rights, unless they have it now. But not Tarantino directing.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2006 06:12 PM