KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The "Da Vinci Code" Movie

Is Tom Hanks a great choice to play Robert Langdon in "The Da Vinci Code"
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 19 48.72%
No 16 41.03%
I haven't read "The Da Vinci Code" and I request a swift kick in the ars. 4 10.26%
Total: 39 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The "Da Vinci Code" Movie
Started by: dAgEnIuS

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dAgEnIuS

Worried The "Da Vinci Code" MOVIE!!!!

I DYING to see Da Vinci Code the movie!!!@@

I LOVED the book....

I heard it is gonna be out in 2005, but you neva know..

I wonder who they are gonna use....... confused

Old Post Aug 8th, 2004 04:00 PM
dAgEnIuS is currently offline Click here to Send dAgEnIuS a Private Message Find more posts by dAgEnIuS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jeffer_wrote
my preciousssssssss

who they are gonna USE.....what a word...lolz...

a lot of names come up for Robert Langdon, among them George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Russell Crowe....y'know, the usual suspects...

i dunno....i think the character of Robert Langdon requires someone with...credibility. lots and lots of it. not just hunk factor...besides, the Langdon books were never about how he looks like...

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 05:54 AM
jeffer_wrote is currently offline Click here to Send jeffer_wrote a Private Message Find more posts by jeffer_wrote Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dAgEnIuS

Brad Pitt is sooooooooo not Langdon....

I saw in a some website that Kate Beckinsale (Pearl Harbor) is gonna be

Sophie....

"Cool" Luke: SAY WHAAAA~~!!#@!%^

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 06:25 PM
dAgEnIuS is currently offline Click here to Send dAgEnIuS a Private Message Find more posts by dAgEnIuS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jeffer_wrote
my preciousssssssss

wha...?

man...I can't picture Kate Beckinsale for a Frenchwoman-who-belongs-to-a-royal-line-such-as-the-one-in-the-book....

a friend mentioned Edward Norton as Langdon, add some weight, maybe....whattya think?

Old Post Aug 10th, 2004 03:32 AM
jeffer_wrote is currently offline Click here to Send jeffer_wrote a Private Message Find more posts by jeffer_wrote Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dAgEnIuS

Edward Norton,,,, hmmmm

I guess he could be... but he kidda looks to "cool" to be Langdon

you can find some "rumored" informations about the movie in this

website...

http://movies.go.com/movies/D/davincicode_2004/

Old Post Aug 10th, 2004 03:46 AM
jeffer_wrote
my preciousssssssss

too cool to be Robert, eh? hehehe, but you gotta admit, i think he could pull off the 'dazed & confused' and 'bewildered' look pretty nicely...

ok...let's see...other prospects....
George Clooney...gulp...nope...too Maximus, gladiator-ly...
Tom Hanks...too....Old?
George Clooney...i find him quite bland at times...
Hugh Jackman...not another Aussie! lolz....kidding....no.

man....tough.

find a lesser-known actor, then...

Old Post Aug 10th, 2004 03:56 AM
dAgEnIuS

man, jeffer_wrote and i are the only people posting comments in thiis page,,,

Old Post Aug 10th, 2004 06:23 PM
jeffer_wrote
my preciousssssssss

give it time, dAgEnIuS....people will catch on soon...let 'em read the book first....nyahahaha!!!!

no, seriously, news about the film adapataion of this book is quite slow and rare...i guess that's the reason most haven't caught on just yet...

Old Post Aug 11th, 2004 12:08 AM
nemo
ocean and sea

agree with you guy, brad pitt and clooney not good for this role, i want someone a bit old, and goodlooking in a bookish kind of way.that jeff guy fron mirror with two faces might be good.
but should they make angel and demon first?
but i think da vinci code is a better book.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2004 08:08 AM
nemo is currently offline Click here to Send nemo a Private Message Find more posts by nemo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
trav6612
She is Hot

oh i can't wait for this to come out, and I hope Kate beckinsale is sophie cause she is gorgeous.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2004 10:48 PM
trav6612 is currently offline Click here to Send trav6612 a Private Message Find more posts by trav6612 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dAgEnIuS

Da Vinci Code may be the best one to read, but I think Angels and Demons is the better one the "see".
Cuz the Da Vinci Code can be pretty confusing with all the history of religion kind of things, but Angels and Demons, there is more actions and killing...
But the best one to make the movie about of is the "Deception Point" also written by Dan Brown...
It should be soooo much better to see on the movie than either "Da Vinci Code" or the "Angels and Demons"... yes

Anyways, Da Vinci Code should make more money...

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2004 06:19 AM
dAgEnIuS

Hey dudes!~!
I just found out who the casts are gonna be....
It is in the www.themovieinsider.com and Langdon is going to be Russell Crowe and Sophie would be Kate Beckinsale..
I'm "ok" with Kate Beckinsale being Sophie, but Russell Crowe.... no
Somehow i just don't think he fits the character... no

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2004 06:22 AM
ash007
Strength and Honour

Harrison Ford wink

Looks perfect to me

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.These words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie -- as awisdom, and warning. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged.

"One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half.-----Sir Winston Churchill

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2004 10:56 AM
ash007 is currently offline Click here to Send ash007 a Private Message Find more posts by ash007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well Ron Howard is directing last time I heard, so could be good. But then I still need to read the book lol.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2004 06:11 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

Harrison Ford would be good as Langdon yes

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2004 06:32 PM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
soylentorange
Person

;_; Not a movie of that horrible book ;_; Besides that it was a page-turner, what did people like about it??

Old Post Aug 24th, 2004 04:16 AM
soylentorange is currently offline Click here to Send soylentorange a Private Message Find more posts by soylentorange Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dAgEnIuS

uh...
everything?!... no expression no expression

Old Post Aug 24th, 2004 05:23 AM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Yeah, everything

Ron Howard is directing, that's for certain. I suggest Aidan Quinn as Langdon and Drew Barrymore as Sophie

Old Post Aug 24th, 2004 06:06 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

quote:
Originally posted by soylentorange
;_; Not a movie of that horrible book ;_; Besides that it was a page-turner, what did people like about it??

Everything... And the fact that it exposed Christianity for the complete fabrication it is

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2004 03:09 PM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
trav6612
She is Hot

I think russle crowe would do a good job as Langdon but I have to agree Harrison Ford would have made an incredible langdon. He would have been superb. Kate Beckinsale as Sophie, she will do a great job and she is hot so that makes it even better

Old Post Aug 24th, 2004 03:28 PM
trav6612 is currently offline Click here to Send trav6612 a Private Message Find more posts by trav6612 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote