KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Ideas

Movie Ideas
Started by: imcool34

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
imcool34

new movie ideas....

for sometime now i was wondering if a MEGAMAN movie would be good...it might be.. or how about another mario bros movie?.. the last one i loved. what are some other good movie ideas you have?

Old Post Jul 25th, 2004 11:39 PM
imcool34 is currently offline Click here to Send imcool34 a Private Message Find more posts by imcool34 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

I'd like to see a movie about witchcraft. Something that shows witches in a good light.

The story could be that a malevolent entity of some kind is released, and a coven of witches have to save the people responsible.

A movie adaption of Kelley Eskridge's 'Solitaire' would also be really good.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2004 10:40 AM
chilled monkey is currently offline Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by chilled monkey
I'd like to see a movie about witchcraft. Something that shows witches in a good light.

Was "Practical Magic" not good enough for us all?

Old Post Jul 26th, 2004 04:52 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

i think the best idea is to stay away from this thread. megaman? another travesty of mario brothers? i mean...im speechless, what are you like 12

Old Post Jul 26th, 2004 05:39 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestial_moon
celes

pratical magic was a pretty good movie. as 4 a megaman movie, i dont think it will get very much popularity and money.

-Don't leave us

Old Post Jul 26th, 2004 06:17 PM
celestial_moon is currently offline Click here to Send celestial_moon a Private Message Find more posts by celestial_moon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

I was really hoping for a Dig Dug movie.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2004 07:01 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

dig dug...Righteous that would be a blockbuster, and even a sequal dig DUG to China

Old Post Jul 26th, 2004 07:35 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Nothing wrong with Practical Magic, but I don't see anything wrong with wanting more than one such movie.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2004 08:31 PM
chilled monkey is currently offline Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roundisfunny

Didn't witches duke it out in "The Craft" as well? Anyway, I'm still waiting for the ever-popular "Ninjas vs. Pirates" theme to hit the big and small screens ad nauseum.

Raising Arizona, 1987

Old Post Jul 26th, 2004 11:49 PM
roundisfunny is currently offline Click here to Send roundisfunny a Private Message Find more posts by roundisfunny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

No offence if you liked it, but The "Craft" was filled with negative (and completley untrue) images.

For starters, why is it that when Sarah wants to leave, the other three start tormenting her? Real witches would never do this. Wicca doesn't recruit people, it's not a cult. If a witch wants to leave, they can do so anytime they want.

Nancy and Rochelle frequently do things to hurt people. Again, real witches would not do this. The first Wiccan law is 'And harm ye none and do what ye will'. Basically, do not harm others.

At one point, they mention God and 'the devil'. Witches DO NOT believe in 'the devil'.

Nancy is made out to be a ****. REAL witches would not use sexuality in such a degrading, casual way.

I could go on, but I think I've made my point.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2004 10:38 AM
imcool34

wat was wrong with a new super mario?! i loved that movie

Old Post Jul 27th, 2004 10:37 PM
imcool34 is currently offline Click here to Send imcool34 a Private Message Find more posts by imcool34 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roundisfunny

Chilled monkey, don't worry--I wasn't offended, nor did I particularly enjoy "The Craft" (except the part where I got to ogle teenage girls in school uniforms for an hour-and-a-half).

As to why Hollywood would EVER portray a person, organization or concept in a negative, inaccurate way, it's because that's exactly what Hollywood does. If the witches had let their friend leave the coven unchallenged, it wouldn't have made for very interesting cinema, nor would it have given the effects department the chance to try out some of 1996's latest SFX gizmos for the climax.

The studio could have, I suppose, run a disclaimer saying that not ALL witches act like this, that many of them are fine, honorable people...but then, they were likely under no direct threat of lawsuits, protests or hexes from the Wicca lobby. It's a lesson to be learned, boys and girls...if you're a rich, powerful Hollywood entity, you have nothing to fear from special interest groups with a solid history of not complaining loudly or effectively.

Raising Arizona, 1987

Old Post Jul 27th, 2004 11:58 PM
roundisfunny is currently offline Click here to Send roundisfunny a Private Message Find more posts by roundisfunny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

I wanna see a movie about a fat kid who gets superpowers.

Or a movie about a rabid monkey called Sebatian.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 12:06 AM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarFace Clone
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think they should have a sequal to Half/Baked Called Fully Baked lol! or is it just me who thinks thats a good idea?

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 03:33 AM
ScarFace Clone is currently offline Click here to Send ScarFace Clone a Private Message Find more posts by ScarFace Clone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

roundisfunny: I see your point. The question is how to convince Hollywood that positive, accurate portrayals would make a profit?

Keeping this thread on-topic, other movies I'd like to see:-

Josie and the Pussycats 2
Wrong Turn 2
Tru Calling: The Movie

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 02:24 PM
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Wrong Turn 2 starring the Olson Twins, Haley Joel Osment, Queen Latifah, and Meryl Streep.

With special cameos by Eliza Dushku and Jessica Biel as the new-look redneck cannibals. They are immediately killed by the kid in Daddy Day Care who kept dressing up as The Flash.

Last edited by botankus on Jul 28th, 2004 at 02:33 PM

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 02:30 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

How about another Eddie Murphy kids film - only this time, Eddie wants blood!

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 02:32 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Maybe Daddy Slay Care??

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 02:34 PM
Ax3l
Dream Finder

Who has an idea for a movie that will be the next best thing

I dont have any ideas of where hollywood could go from here but what do you guys think the next big movie could be

Old Post Oct 25th, 2004 03:29 PM
Ax3l is currently offline Click here to Send Ax3l a Private Message Find more posts by Ax3l Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

It would have to be this: STAR WARS, EPISODE 0.

This would be the prequel before episode 1. There would be no humans in it, and it would only star CG Aliens, muppets, and droids. It would basically start with Yoda being born and show how he becomes so powerful. That's it for now! big grin

Old Post Oct 25th, 2004 06:30 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote