KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Huntsville, Texas

Huntsville, Texas
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Impediment
Endless

Miffed Huntsville, Texas

I dont know if I share the enthusiasm of all the other residents of Huntsville, Texas after watching Kill Bill vol. 1 in theaters. I'm referring to the hospital scene at the start of the flick when Beatrix is still in a coma and Buck introduces himself from Huntsville, Texas and he came to F---. I remember the ENTIRE theater roaring with cheer because our little historic prison town finally got some recognition not just on screen, but in a Quentin Tarantino flick as well. For those of you not familiar, Huntsville is a BIG outlet of TDCJ (Texas Department of Criminal Justice) having over 13 penitentiaries and providing jobs (security officers, administrative, clerical, and medical) for nearly 20% of our 50,000 person population. So, I found it rather obvious that when Buck the rapist revealed himself as a Huntsville resident it clicked in my head that he was probably an ex-felon/sex offender who was RELEASED from a Huntsville unit. Does anyone else agree? Dont get me wrong, Im just your average 25 year old who loves Tarantino flicks, and I LOVED Kill Bill, but I dont know if I like that kind of subliminal stereotyping, you know?

“Dreams shape the world."

Last edited by Impediment on Jan 10th, 2010 at 10:43 PM

Old Post Apr 17th, 2005 10:30 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I guess that nobody has any comments even 9 months later, huh? Pity. I'd love to hear the input.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 11:34 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Wow. Are you saying that you watch all the Tarantino films and THIS is what offended you? You should be happy Tarantino put this in. Its the little things that make his movies so great.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 10:42 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Well, I guess since most people are probably not aware of this rather funny fact I don't think it justifies as subliminal stereotyping. Nor Stereotyping at all.

But now that you say it, it is pretty cool to think aboot that Tarantion might even have had that in mind.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2006 11:15 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote