KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The DVAS snake name scheme......

The DVAS snake name scheme......
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Impediment
Endless

The DVAS snake name scheme......

The DVAS, as we all know, have a name scheme to codename themselves after venomous snakes, such as:

Beatrix Kiddo=Black Mamba
O-ren Ishii=Cottonmouth
Vernita Green=Copperhead
Budd=Sidewinder

My question is: If they are the DEADLY VIPER assassination squad, why is Elle Driver's codename, California Mountain Snake, a non-venomous snake? The California Mountain Kingsnake (lambropeltus zonata) is hardly a viper and not the least bit deadly. Beautiful, but harmless.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 06:35 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

Uh, because Tarantino thought it sounded cool?

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 11:38 PM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Maybe it is to be ironic. She is the only one who tries using some sort of poisons. She starts to inject Uma with something when she is in a coma, and then she has a snake (Black Mamba) poison Budd.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 04:41 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gold watch

yes, but elle herself (california mountain snake) can't poissen any of them! neither uma, neither budd! only pei mei, so she tells...

and as we know, she tells a lot. like that beatrix killed bill's brother...

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 10:20 PM
gold watch is currently offline Click here to Send gold watch a Private Message Find more posts by gold watch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Hence the black mamba in the suitcase of money. However I doubt she actually killed Pai Mei via poison. I think Elle was just trying to piss off Beatrix.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 03:47 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
matrix311B

no i think that she might of actually poisened Pai Mei's fish head. I dont know but maybe we will find out in 3.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 05:16 AM
matrix311B is currently offline Click here to Send matrix311B a Private Message Find more posts by matrix311B Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kram3r

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NoFate007
Uh, because Tarantino thought it sounded cool?

yes And adding to that, I don't think a lot of people care or know that a California Mountain Snake isn't venomous.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 04:55 AM
Kram3r is currently offline Click here to Send Kram3r a Private Message Find more posts by Kram3r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

"This CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema. If I'd wanted all that computer game bullshit, I'd have stuck my dick in a Nintendo."- Quentin Tarantino

Hahaha, you gotta love QT.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2005 06:28 AM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Originally posted by gold watch
yes, but elle herself (california mountain snake) can't poissen any of them! neither uma, neither budd! only pei mei, so she tells...

and as we know, she tells a lot. like that beatrix killed bill's brother...

No, she only failed to defeat Uma with poison. She did kill Budd with it and Pei Mei as well, so I'm going to stick with the irony that she used poison 3 times and was the only one not to have a venomous snake for a name.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2005 08:12 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gold watch

Originally posted by Myth
No, she only failed to defeat Uma with poison. She did kill Budd with it and Pei Mei as well, so I'm going to stick with the irony that she used poison 3 times and was the only one not to have a venomous snake for a name.

true, it is ironic that elle, the non-venomous snake tries to poison her enemies with poison of others, but does not succeed.

what poison killed budd? - that of a black mamba, right. not that of a cali mountain snake. so, in an indirect way, beatrix aka BLACK MAMBMA got her revenge on budd also... in a way.

and the story about pei mei and the fish heads, well, it's the story how elle tells it... to upset beatrix, in the first. i personaly don't take it for granted.

apropos "DiVAS snake name scheme"... bill aka THE SNAKE CHARMER is driving a panterra mangusta when he comes to visit budd. mangusta/mongoose is a small animal that actually can kill cobras:

"The cobra's natural enemies, excluding man, are few. One creature which can successfully kill the cobra is the mongoose. The mongoose is a small animal with a pointed head, a long tail, and thick hair. Mongooses commonly live on the ground, and hunt alone; they are famous for their snake-fighting ability, and are often used to control snakes and rats where humans live. Research has shown that although the mongoose is tolerant of small dosages of cobra venom, it is not immune to it. Mongooses are almost always victorious against a cobra, however, because of their speed, agility, and timing, and also because of their thick coat. They can move more quickly than a cobra can strike, and their thick coat protects them from occasional bites."

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 12:22 AM
gold watch is currently offline Click here to Send gold watch a Private Message Find more posts by gold watch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KILLBILLFREAK
----DiVAS-R-DEADLY-------

She might got that name because she is
i dont know

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 10:35 PM
KILLBILLFREAK is currently offline Click here to Send KILLBILLFREAK a Private Message Find more posts by KILLBILLFREAK Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote