KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Interpreter (Starring Nicole Kidman)

The Interpreter (Starring Nicole Kidman)
Started by: Cepheus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Cepheus

The Interpreter (Starring Nicole Kidman)

The movie looks amazing!! can't wait to see it

IMDB Review:

Escalating events begin when African-born U.N. translator Silvia Broome alleges that she has overheard a death threat against an African head of state, spoken in a rare dialect few people other than Silvia can understand. With the words "The Teacher will never leave this room alive," in an instant, Silvia's life is turned upside down as she becomes a hunted target of the killers. Placed under the protection of federal agent Tobin Keller, Silvia's world only grows more nightmarish. As Keller digs deeper into his eyewitnesses' past and her secretive world of global connections, the more suspicious he becomes that she herself might be involved in the conspiracy. With every step of the way, he finds more reasons to mistrust her. Is Sylvia a victim? A suspect? Or something else entirely? And can Tobin, coping with his own personal heartache, keep her safe? Though they must depend on one another, Silvia and Tobin couldn't be more different. Silvia's strengths are words, diplomacy and the subtleties of meaning, while Tobin is all about instinct, action and reading into the most primal human behaviors. Now, as the danger of a major assassination on U.S. soil grows and Silvia's life hangs in the balance, Silvia and Tobin play out a gripping dance of evasion and revelation that keeps them both guessing as they race to stop a terrifying international crisis before it's too late.

Source: IMDB

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 07:20 AM
Cepheus is currently offline Click here to Send Cepheus a Private Message Find more posts by Cepheus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChickinMeat

I saw the trailer and i said to myself i wanna see that, i like this sort of movie, yup

http://www.myspace.com/chickinmeat

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 11:33 AM
ChickinMeat is currently offline Click here to Send ChickinMeat a Private Message Find more posts by ChickinMeat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cepheus

me too big grin

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 11:44 AM
Cepheus is currently offline Click here to Send Cepheus a Private Message Find more posts by Cepheus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChickinMeat

is this film out yet?

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 11:47 AM
ChickinMeat is currently offline Click here to Send ChickinMeat a Private Message Find more posts by ChickinMeat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cepheus

Im not sure embarrasment I think so tho...

lemme check, hold on

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 11:48 AM
ChickinMeat

righto, im holdin on!

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 11:49 AM
Cepheus

yeah it is

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 11:50 AM
ChickinMeat

ahhh sweet as, when i get back to the UK hopefully i can round up some peeps to go see it.

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 11:53 AM
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

It looks like a ok movie.I seened alot of movies that all have the same plot and this looks like that sort of movie so I think I will wait till it comes out and then go see it.JM

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 12:17 PM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dudester

It is a great movie-- saw it two weekends ago and loved it. I want to see it again

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 03:50 PM
Dudester is currently offline Click here to Send Dudester a Private Message Find more posts by Dudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Filmmaker451
the spirit within

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dudester
It is a great movie-- saw it two weekends ago and loved it. I want to see it again

I alos so it like to weeks ago. I was really anticipating it but i was kind of dissapointed with the movie. It was very cool but not as exciting as a thriller should be. 7.5/10.

The saga is complete! Buy the beginning of the end trilogy in stores today

Old Post May 7th, 2005 06:25 AM
Filmmaker451 is currently offline Click here to Send Filmmaker451 a Private Message Find more posts by Filmmaker451 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cepheus

sad I wanna c it...

Old Post May 7th, 2005 06:41 AM
y_monkee

i hear from ppl that there ain't much chemistry on screen .... and the whole thing looks like one giant ad for the UN

too many good movies out to need to watch something like this

Old Post May 7th, 2005 12:30 PM
y_monkee is currently offline Click here to Send y_monkee a Private Message Find more posts by y_monkee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LLG

I'm going to rent it, when it comes out.

Old Post May 7th, 2005 11:35 PM
LLG is currently offline Click here to Send LLG a Private Message Find more posts by LLG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

It's on DVD as of tomorrow, and it was actually pretty boring. WAY too long, and it was more dramatic than intriguing.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2005 08:46 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
potcluvr

when i saw the trailer i really wanted to see it but unfortunatley when i did see it, it wasn't as good as i thought sad

Old Post Oct 4th, 2005 02:31 AM
potcluvr is currently offline Click here to Send potcluvr a Private Message Find more posts by potcluvr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Oomny
Promising Tomorrows

It Looks so Good Though. I Am dieing to see it.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 08:10 PM
Oomny is currently offline Click here to Send Oomny a Private Message Find more posts by Oomny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Murray
Self-Pity Wallower

Like you, I wanted to see it when the trailer came out, but I was disappointed.

The screenplay was terrible.

"Those who stand for nothing fall for anything." -Alexander Hamilton

Old Post Oct 12th, 2005 08:04 PM
Murray is currently offline Click here to Send Murray a Private Message Find more posts by Murray Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

very well done film.

Old Post May 7th, 2006 12:51 PM
Punkyhermy is currently offline Click here to Send Punkyhermy a Private Message Find more posts by Punkyhermy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

this film could have done a lot better.

Old Post May 7th, 2006 07:59 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote