KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » True Romance

True Romance
Started by: cal31

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cal31
Let's Win Twins

True Romance

I just watched this film tonight, and after hearing how good it was, I was really dissapointed. I just never got into the story at all, maybe it was because Christian Fricken Slatener was the main character, and everything just wasn't all that interesting. Only bright spot was Brad Pitt as Floyd, man did he play a good stoner laughing

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 06:45 AM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlazingBarrells

this was a fantastic movie, and christain slater, did a fine job with this one. his acting has sucked latley but his earlier works are fine. and Ture Romance is one of Quentins Scripts ever and Tony Scott did an awesome job. Christopher Walken was amazing, his dialogue with Dennis Hopper was QT classical. i cant beloieve you didnt like this one.

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 06:52 AM
BlazingBarrells is currently offline Click here to Send BlazingBarrells a Private Message Find more posts by BlazingBarrells Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BlazingBarrells
this was a fantastic movie, and christain slater, did a fine job with this one. his acting has sucked latley but his earlier works are fine. and Ture Romance is one of Quentins Scripts ever and Tony Scott did an awesome job. Christopher Walken was amazing, his dialogue with Dennis Hopper was QT classical. i cant beloieve you didnt like this one.
Don't get me wrong, it wasn't horrible, it just doesn't classify as a great movie as I had heard it was. The dialogue was great as usually is with Tarantino, but to me that's all it was, it didn't add anything to the movie as a whole.

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 07:15 AM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

I did not see or even hear about htis movie.But I will take your word on it and not see it.JM

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 12:35 PM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Suit yourself, JM. I thought it was great, and one of Tarantino's better written movies, although it was a modern day "Bonnie and Clyde". The penthouse shootout was off the rictor, IMO. Talk about dedication, this movie was full of it. Lot's of great cameos, too, especially Christopher Walken and Dennis Hopper.

Last edited by Cory Chaos on May 22nd, 2005 at 04:22 PM

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 03:47 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

And there is nothing wrong with a 'modern day version of Bonnie and Clyde' smile True Romance is wonderful, really enjoy the film.

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 04:13 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

damn good flick. Great for what is is. Any movie written by tarentino is bound to be somewhat decent

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 07:54 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Nope. Not Natural Born Killers.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 09:22 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Well, someone else was in charge of adapting Tarantino's story for NBK to the screen. But, that's another movie.

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 09:42 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlazingBarrells

yeah wasnt it adapted by oliver stone, and QT and him fought over it for a while and then let it go

Old Post May 24th, 2005 04:17 AM
BlazingBarrells is currently offline Click here to Send BlazingBarrells a Private Message Find more posts by BlazingBarrells Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

Personally I liked natural born killers, it was trying to do something different, it may not have succeeded on all counts but was still good.

Old Post May 25th, 2005 08:41 AM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Well, someone else was in charge of adapting Tarantino's story for NBK to the screen. But, that's another movie.

Yeah, but it was still written by QT and Rage said, "Any movie written by tarentino". But don't worry, I have faith in QT when he is more involved.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post May 25th, 2005 08:59 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlazingBarrells

Originally posted by Myth
Yeah, but it was still written by QT and Rage said, "Any movie written by tarentino". But don't worry, I have faith in QT when he is more involved.

yeah QT ORIGINALLY wrote it, but stone hacked it to pieces and revamped it.

Old Post May 25th, 2005 09:59 PM
the.shape
Patricia Arquette owns me

I love it. Umm, and yea, Patricia Arquette is in it so... I love it. rock stick out tongue

yes, i fvcking love her.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2005 09:16 PM
the.shape is currently offline Click here to Send the.shape a Private Message Find more posts by the.shape Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zer0mega

Director's Cut

WoW!!!

I've always loved this movie - In fact it is my all time favourite.

But, the director's Cut was like frostingon a cake..

And, I love frosting big grin

No shit.. This movie gets to me.. the scenes are some of my all time favourite scnenes..

What do I choose?

Dennis Hopper's brilliant scene where he knows he is gonna die.. And still he goes down laughing at 'em.. Damn!!!

The scene at Drexel's where Clarence( My pop's name - maybe it is subliminal ) tells Drexel, "I ain't afraid of you, I just don't like you!" Slam DUNK!!

So many fine actors and scenes that I could go on.. But, I won't :P

Old Post Nov 28th, 2005 08:41 AM
zer0mega is currently offline Click here to Send zer0mega a Private Message Find more posts by zer0mega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Is that the movie where Slater kills Gary Oldman over that chick he likes that was a prostitue or something, and then he goes and tells her what he did and she was happy and he was all beat up. Thats the only part i remember. I'm downloading it now. sounds like a good flik from what im reading on here..

I forget, it's been mad years since I watched it and when I did see it, I didn't get into it.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 04:51 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote