KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Eight Legged Freaks

Eight Legged Freaks
Started by: Dogbert

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NinthCorona

Barf 8 legged freaks

WTF WAS THAT?! was this supposed to be a horror film with comedy, a comedy film with horror or just sum kind of spoof so summin. whatever it was, it was neither funny nor scary. when i finished watching this, i said "WTF WAS THAT!?"

p.s. the gurl,sam, is pretty hot wink

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2003 02:13 AM
NinthCorona is currently offline Click here to Send NinthCorona a Private Message Find more posts by NinthCorona Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beaujay1
!

ive never heard of it, does it have spiders? how do you mix horror and comedy?????

Old Post Dec 6th, 2003 04:51 PM
beaujay1 is currently offline Find more posts by beaujay1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

What do you mean how do you mix horror and comedy?
Every horror movie has comedy.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2003 06:34 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

Eight - Legged Freaks is basically a 'mock-up' of all those 50's b-movies, i feel it is more of a comedy then anything else although there are elements of both action and mild horror to boot, although i found it not at all scary.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Dec 6th, 2003 06:50 PM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
duffy

Yeah i agree it was old school b-movie style

Withnail: What for?
I: Ask him about his house.
Withnail: You want me to call what-his-name and ask him about his house?
I: Why not?
Withnail: Alright. what's his number?
I: I've no idea - I've never met him.
Withnail: Well neither have I. What the **** are you talking about?

Old Post Dec 6th, 2003 06:57 PM
duffy is currently offline Click here to Send duffy a Private Message Find more posts by duffy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

I liked Eight Legged Freaks the same way I liked Lake Placid. Goofy and fun.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2003 07:04 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mafia Girl
Paranoid Insomniac

I never saw it...a friend said it was the stupiest movie she'd ever seen

Old Post Dec 7th, 2003 02:15 AM
Mafia Girl is currently offline Click here to Send Mafia Girl a Private Message Find more posts by Mafia Girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maximus_E.
Insane An' Enjoyin' It

I gotta agree it was definitely a different movie, but try not to think to much into it. Jus' sit back an' laugh. An' I don't see how ya would be able to catergorize it as a horror movie

Old Post Dec 7th, 2003 04:04 AM
Maximus_E. is currently offline Click here to Send Maximus_E. a Private Message Find more posts by Maximus_E. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Well it has huge spiders that kill ppl lol
Might not be scary but its still a monster movie.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2003 05:53 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
josh1barnes

Eight Legged Freaks

Those spiders are funny when they run after someone

Old Post Jul 18th, 2005 07:41 PM
josh1barnes is currently offline Click here to Send josh1barnes a Private Message Find more posts by josh1barnes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MAVSFAN

the movie had a young Scarlett Johannson before she became the star that she is today.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2005 08:28 PM
MAVSFAN is currently offline Click here to Send MAVSFAN a Private Message Find more posts by MAVSFAN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

The spiders made "splorch" and "yiipee" sounds when they died....come on....you gotta appreciate that laughing

~wickerman~

Old Post Jul 19th, 2005 08:34 AM
~The Wickerman~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~The Wickerman~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~The Wickerman~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snowbeast

They should have toned down the comedy some and played up the horror aspect more and it could have be a good movie, in the vein of Tremors. Now that was a good B movie send up.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 03:13 AM
Snowbeast is currently offline Click here to Send Snowbeast a Private Message Find more posts by Snowbeast Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

laughing out loud it was okay i suppose but not to my taste in movies

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 12:01 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DemonXangelX

i hate spiders but the jumpin 1s are funnysmile

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 12:04 PM
DemonXangelX is currently offline Find more posts by DemonXangelX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bordom

I was just laughin throughout the whole movie... there wasn't ANY scarry about it. All the spiders were like stupid and they all made cartoony sounds... so yeah... not a real great horror movie.. but for a comedy.. it was okay

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 03:23 PM
bordom is currently offline Click here to Send bordom a Private Message Find more posts by bordom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

You know what, I enjoyed this movie a lot, fun fun movie. and how people were expecting a scary horror is beyond me...

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 03:57 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RedAlertv2

I thought it was ok. The best part about it was that I wrote a killer review of it for school and got an A big grin

How Could Hell Be Any Worse?

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2005 02:14 AM
RedAlertv2 is currently offline Click here to Send RedAlertv2 a Private Message Find more posts by RedAlertv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2005 03:37 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

eight legged freaks failed becuase it tried to be a serious flick. It would have done better if it was presented primarily as a spoof.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2005 02:31 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote