KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » "Last Days"

"Last Days"
Started by: jaden101

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

last days

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0403217/

a film loosely based on the last days of Kurt Cobain's life...but not acutally about Cobain

im not sure how this will work but it sounds intruiging

it premiers at the cannes film festival and is directed by gus van zandt who directed good will hunting...the psycho remake and drug store cowboy among other films

the character is called "Blake" and is the Cobainalike

will it be any good?

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post May 17th, 2005 12:29 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I am looking forwards to it, be interesting to see what he has done with it, plus Asia Argento is in it smile

Old Post May 17th, 2005 02:50 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

thanks for the response...i remember you are the only person who responded when i posted about "dead man's shoes"

could it be that me and you are the only 2 people who try and seek out unusual and non mainstream films?

i hope not

and yes...asia argento...hoooweeee

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post May 17th, 2005 08:07 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

Re: last days

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden101
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0403217/

a film loosely based on the last days of Kurt Cobain's life...but not acutally about Cobain

im not sure how this will work but it sounds intruiging

it premiers at the cannes film festival and is directed by gus van zandt who directed good will hunting...the psycho remake and drug store cowboy among other films

the character is called "Blake" and is the Cobainalike

will it be any good?

Looks pretty interesting.jm yes

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post May 18th, 2005 11:11 AM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vagaryatwill

Looks interesting. I would rather it be about Cobain though.

Old Post May 18th, 2005 04:57 PM
vagaryatwill is currently offline Click here to Send vagaryatwill a Private Message Find more posts by vagaryatwill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InterNtlDelight

Angry Gus Van Strants Last Days=CRAP!

that movie is wrong about kurt cobain!
it's barely about him at all. That stupid french dude doesn't know a thing about kurt cobain or rock music. mad mad mad

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 07:17 PM
InterNtlDelight is currently offline Click here to Send InterNtlDelight a Private Message Find more posts by InterNtlDelight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

He didn't know anything about High School when he made "Elephant", either. Go figure.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 08:27 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's not a full on film about Kurt Cobain... it's a fictionalised version of his last days.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 08:41 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kimmeh
vixen

Originally posted by jaden101

could it be that me and you are the only 2 people who try and seek out unusual and non mainstream films?

No, I just wish everyone would leave Kurt alone.. if they had maybe he wouldnt have shot himself.....

Old Post Jul 27th, 2005 02:17 AM
kimmeh is currently offline Click here to Send kimmeh a Private Message Find more posts by kimmeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Altar[1stONE]
Lone Wolf

just saw the film thought it was a masterpiece. I think they portrayed cobain just right . he went from a articulate genius to a mumbling suicidal piss ant on the verge of suicide. id give it 9/10 if they took out that homo sex scene god that was gross. but i guess they wanted to show how cobain wasnt homo phobic or whatever. i thought his suicide scene was done well, its not as sad as i thought it would be.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 10:14 AM
Altar[1stONE] is currently offline Click here to Send Altar[1stONE] a Private Message Find more posts by Altar[1stONE] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Wow.

Easily one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I don't even want to waste my time reviewing it, but I might take the time to recollect the film in a day or two.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2005 05:23 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
He didn't know anything about High School when he made "Elephant", either. Go figure.

Elephant? Don't you mean "The Columbine shooting"? Why didn't they just call it that?

An Ancient Prophecy . . . The deity shall walk forth . . .

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2005 07:23 AM
Soren the Mage is currently offline Click here to Send Soren the Mage a Private Message Find more posts by Soren the Mage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

That movie was an insult to those guys, too.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2005 01:58 PM
Dusty

this movie is an insult to most people cine.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2005 02:37 PM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

You've seen "Last Days" already? It was only in 31 theatres nationwide, and I got the DVD last night. It's not even out until Tuesday.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2005 02:44 PM
Dusty

I watched it a few days ago, after about halfway through I got bored and went to bed, on account I had charity work today for the homeless, and was worn out.

The old lady gets access to early released DVDs from a lady she works with at the hospitol, and she just so happened to pick this one up.

Good morning kmc.

Last edited by Dusty on Oct 23rd, 2005 at 03:04 PM

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2005 02:55 PM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I absolutely adored Last Days, really enjoyed it, filmed beautifully. Fan of Gus Van Sant films, good end to a 'trilogy'. Will be buying the dvd to add to Elephant and Gerry. I really do enjoy his experimental films.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2005 06:06 PM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

I honestly don't know how anyone could derive any enjoyment out of something so incredibly trite. Van Zant's a one trick pony, which means his "Death Trilogy" was something he adopted from fans, masking his laziness to do anything 1/2 way original since "Good Will Hunting", instead putting his own spin on things he's absolutely clueless on, and tossing in homages to Gregg Araki with pointless "surprise" scenes of homosexuality.

I rarely get "angry" with films, but this one was so worthless. Why make a movie about someone when you're unfamiliar with the subject, and when said subject was totally empty? He could have made a film about a balled up piece of paper being tossed into a waste basket time after time, having never made it into the basket, and it would have had the same effect emotionally.

Tossing in the suicide scene at the end was sporatic and very empty. Like a "Hey, this was a movie about Kurt Cobain afterall, you guys!" kind of proclamation. Horribly flawed, IMO. I don't think I could bring myself to write a review about the movie, because I'd literally become angry.

I think what Van Zant did, aside from prove himself to be the most self-indulgent, hypocritical, pretentious hack in indie cinema was rape and brutalize whatever legacy Cobain MAY have had, by sharing his "speculation", which doesn't mean much to anyone anyway, given his lack of familiarity with the subject.

Last edited by Cory Chaos on Oct 23rd, 2005 at 07:30 PM

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2005 07:23 PM
Dusty

Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
. I don't think I could bring myself to write a review about the movie, because I'd literally become angry.

you'd be literally, literally angry.

laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2005 07:25 PM
KillTheLight
=bound by wild desire=

Hated this movie it was nothing but boring pretentious crap..it was like watching paint dry sleep

This afternoon with you was something like a letter
The kind that someone writes but never sends

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2005 08:27 PM
KillTheLight is currently offline Click here to Send KillTheLight a Private Message Find more posts by KillTheLight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote