KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Stanley Kubrick

Pop Your Kubrick Poll
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
The Killing/Paths Of Glory 1 4.55%
Spartacus 1 4.55%
Lolita 0 0%
Dr. Strangelove 4 18.18%
2001 2 9.09%
A Clockwork Orange 5 22.73%
Barry Lyndon 0 0%
The Shining 4 18.18%
Full Metal Jacket 4 18.18%
Eyes Wide Shut 1 4.55%
Total: 22 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Stanley Kubrick
Started by: Spike Eccles

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Spike Eccles

Kubrick Is God!!!

Stanley Kubrick was a master. some label him as a weirdy beardy freak who liked corridors and long takes, but to most people he was the cinematic maestro who could take a genre and transform it into something unique - eg. 2001, Barry Lyndon, The Shining. When he died in 1999, the world lost a genius.

am i alone in thinking that Stan The Man was the best?

Let me know what you think....

Old Post May 13th, 2004 12:52 PM
Spike Eccles is currently offline Click here to Send Spike Eccles a Private Message Find more posts by Spike Eccles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

he made some of the most boring films ever, like 2001 zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old Post May 13th, 2004 01:34 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

LOL I think he's overrated. Cant think of a movie of his I like.

Old Post May 13th, 2004 01:52 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aku
Drunk

Edward Norton is a good actor. But the best film he was in was this murder thing. It was like one of his first where he played all innocent, but actually had a split personality and he got really angry and started trying to hurt people. But thingy (lead actor from mothman prophecies) got all the credit when edward norton had to act 3 perosnalities.

And he did all three of them perfectly aswell.

Old Post May 13th, 2004 01:58 PM
Aku is currently offline Click here to Send Aku a Private Message Find more posts by Aku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by Aku
Edward Norton is a good actor. But the best film he was in was this murder thing. It was like one of his first where he played all innocent, but actually had a split personality and he got really angry and started trying to hurt people. But thingy (lead actor from mothman prophecies) got all the credit when edward norton had to act 3 perosnalities.

And he did all three of them perfectly aswell.

Wrong thread mate wink The movie is called Primal Fear and its great thumb up Norton is great in it!

Old Post May 13th, 2004 02:02 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aku
Drunk

OMG THANKYOU ive been trying to find the name of that film for years. I LOVE YOU KES. In a professional way ofcourse. embarrasment

Old Post May 13th, 2004 02:08 PM
Aku is currently offline Click here to Send Aku a Private Message Find more posts by Aku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Lol. www.imdb.com is great to find the titles of movies. Thou I knew this one wink

Now back to Kubrick.

Old Post May 13th, 2004 02:12 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Kubrick used to be a photographer before becoming a movie director. When you look at his films the key is to look into the Cinematography of the film. Great close ups and excellent lighting in the scenes. Kubrick is great! yes

Old Post May 13th, 2004 02:49 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
Wrong thread mate The movie is called Primal Fear and its great Norton is great in
excellent flick

quote:
When you look at kubrick films the key is to look into the Cinematography of the film
or sleeping pills as we call it in Norway

Old Post May 13th, 2004 05:02 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

lol! I HAVE to visit Norway someday. big grin

Old Post May 13th, 2004 05:19 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by WindDancer
Kubrick used to be a photographer before becoming a movie director. When you look at his films the key is to look into the Cinematography of the film. Great close ups and excellent lighting in the scenes. Kubrick is great! yes

Thats great. So he was director and Director of photography in all his movies? Never noticed blink

Old Post May 13th, 2004 06:45 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, aside from butchering the book The Shining.... i dont think Kubrick has done anything that I think is masterful. The only movie i like by him is The Shining...and the boot camp sequence in Full Metal Jacket. Tried to watch Eye's Wide Shut...but yeah that didnt go over so well.

Old Post May 13th, 2004 07:14 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

All of Kubricks films pushed the envelope in some way or another. His films weren't for everyone, but he pretty much pushed the film industry into modern times, with his use of camera panning and wierd little angles.

I think he is indeed the greatest director who ever lived.

Old Post May 13th, 2004 07:44 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by BackFire
All of Kubricks films pushed the envelope in some way or another. His films weren't for everyone, but he pretty much pushed the film industry into modern times, with his use of camera panning and wierd little angles.

I think he is indeed the greatest director who ever lived.

That's good, but it doesnt make his movies good wink
In my eyes of course big grin

Old Post May 13th, 2004 08:37 PM
BackFire

No, but the fact that his movies were always unique, compelling, different, daring and made with more care and passion then any others ever certainly does.

Old Post May 13th, 2004 08:40 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by BackFire
No, but the fact that his movies were always unique, compelling, different, daring and made with more care and passion then any others ever certainly does.

blink Ok.

Old Post May 13th, 2004 08:41 PM
BackFire

Also, what movies of his have you seen?

Old Post May 13th, 2004 08:41 PM
Kes
Philie

Eyes Wide Shut - A too strong sub-plot + Tom Cruise = crap (IMO)
Shining, The - Jack Nichlson is amazing in it, but the movie is too boring and didnt live up to my expectations. Years of hearing how good it is...you know.
Clockwork Orange, A - This one I had seen and had completely forgotten about it!
2001: A Space Odyssey - Well I tried, I swear I tried!
Spartacus (1960) - Saw it a long time ago, but dont remember much.

Old Post May 13th, 2004 08:53 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I shouldn't compare movies, but personally when it comes to gladiators Spartacus is way better than Gladiator (2000). Clockwork Orange I like the most becuase it deals with the issues of futuristic gangs taking over cities. The film doesn't deliver that much insight, but the book certainly does.

Old Post May 13th, 2004 09:03 PM
BackFire

Kes, you havent' seen some of his best flicks... Here's a couple more you should see.

Dr. Strangelove

Full Metal Jacket

Paths of Glory

And you should see Clockwork Orange again since you don't remember it.

Old Post May 13th, 2004 09:07 PM