KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » 'Best' Movie Guide of 2006? Hell no.

'Best' Movie Guide of 2006? Hell no.
Started by: DarkWizard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dusty

Miffed 'Best' Movie Guide of 2006? Hell no.

(please log in to view the image)

This Film Guide claims to be the "Best" of the "Best". I was rather interested, so I bought it, and began to peek at a few great films I know, to see if it shares around the same opinion of myself. So, Lets see the VERY badly rated films that they discussed.

Equilibrium - *** out of *****, Should be a ****1/2 AT LEAST!
Fight Club - * out of *****. No words can be expressed.
Requiem For a Dream - **1/2 out of *****
Crash '05 *** out of *****....... TERRIBLE rating.
The Good the bad and the ugly - **** out of *****. Not really bad, but it deserves a 5 IMO.
The Shining - **1/2 out of *****. Another terrible rating.

My advice to the Progressing Film Viewers out there, DO NOT get this book, and go by its ratings.

DISCUSS!

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2006 01:39 AM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

While all the ratings you mentioned are bad, the Fight Club rating just astounds me.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2006 01:54 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

The Caption Below the rating reads:

"If Director David Fincher and screenwriter Jim Uhis intended to make us believe that we haven't advanced a jot from the putrescent slime that once may have spawned mankind, they succeeded brilliantly. This appalling, grotesque, and interminable endurance test is a fairy tale fiction for serial killers, imbeciles who succumb to road rage, and frustrated white guys; all the morons who seek excuses to justify their increasingly bad behavior and hair-trigger tempers. Proceed with caution. Rated R for Profanity, Violence, torture, nudity, and sexual content."

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2006 02:01 AM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

Re: 'Best' Movie Guide of 2006? Hell no.

Equilibrium and Fight Club are pretty overrated. The reviews are fair.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2006 02:09 AM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Re: Re: 'Best' Movie Guide of 2006? Hell no.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Solo
Equilibrium and Fight Club are pretty overrated.

Granted, but one star out of five?!? That's ludicrous.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2006 02:19 AM
DeVi| D0do is currently offline Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

Re: Re: Re: 'Best' Movie Guide of 2006? Hell no.

Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Granted, but one star out of five?!? That's ludicrous.

To me, Fight Club gets worse every time I see it. I mean, yeah, it's definitely a great movie, but Fight Club is on the majority of people's 'Top 20' lists nowadays, which is ridiculous.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2006 02:22 AM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

Crash should be 5 out of 5 bottom line

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2006 09:49 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

I never listen to critics. I can make my own mind up about a movie thanks. Most critics gave Matrix Revolutions shit scores, I love it regardless of what anyone thinks.

I would have given Equilibrium at least 4 * though....it was pretty average in some parts when it could have been better, but it wasnt that bad.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2006 11:41 AM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

Originally posted by forumcrew
Crash should be 5 out of 5 bottom line

For sure.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2006 11:41 PM
Makedde
Xena: Warrior Princess

IMO, Requiem For A Dream should be rated only one star, I have this movie, and it's a load of rubbish.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2006 01:11 AM
Makedde is currently offline Click here to Send Makedde a Private Message Find more posts by Makedde Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

I thought it was brilliant!

Old Post Feb 4th, 2006 01:43 AM
DeVi| D0do is currently offline Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Makedde
Xena: Warrior Princess

Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
I thought it was brilliant!

I understood none of it. sad

Old Post Feb 4th, 2006 03:09 AM
Makedde is currently offline Click here to Send Makedde a Private Message Find more posts by Makedde Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

That 99.9% of the viewers reasons for hating an acclaimed film.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2006 03:10 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

People have opinions on movies.

I didnt like Requim for a Dream. I thought it was pretentious and over edited.

I also didnt like Fight Club. I liked the first part of the movie, but the whole mayhem deal, I didnt like.

I definitly dont agree on thier rating of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. I still think its the best Western out there.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2006 06:23 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Strangelove
The King Stay The King

I guess I'm the only one on this site who thinks Crash is overrated...

Fight Club getting one star is stupid. I'm not a huge fan of the film, but it is still pretty good.

“As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods, they kill us for their sport.”

Old Post Feb 4th, 2006 08:10 AM
Dr. Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Does the magazine have comments and so on or just ratings? What did they say about each film?

Old Post Feb 4th, 2006 08:52 AM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

Originally posted by Makedde
I understood none of it. sad

What's not to understand about Requiem for a Dream? I found it pretty straight-forward.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2006 09:36 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

Originally posted by Mišt
Does the magazine have comments and so on or just ratings? What did they say about each film?

They write a summary and some views. Check the message I posted earlier.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2006 04:58 PM