KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » David Lynch??

David Lynch??
Started by: chico

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
chico
chopper style

David Lynch??

Could someone explain to me what's the deal with this guy. His movies, with the exception of DUNE, seem to be wierd for the sake of being wierd. Sometimes i can see the potential in a scene, then he will destroy it by throwing in something, for lack of a better word, odd. Maybe its me? Maybe I'm not looking for the order inside the chaos? I don't know. Whatever it is these movies must have some redeming factor if for the fact that I'm asking about them in the first place. I hope ther is a David Lynch fan out ther who can explain to me what I'm missing. If so, shed some light!

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2002 08:52 PM
chico is currently offline Click here to Send chico a Private Message Find more posts by chico Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The man is a genius but you need to be in a certain mindset to understand his films; it really is a matter of taste.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2002 09:26 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

you obviously havent seen the elephant man, one of the best movies of all time. his movies are wierd because he's an artist and as with many artists not all of his works can be understood by just anyone, most of his movies require multiple viewings, and forces the audience to think.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2002 01:59 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

The Elephant Man was a great movie.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2002 03:23 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chico
chopper style

O.K. I'll watch Elephant Man because you are right I've not watch it,but I will. Maybe I'll see what I'm missing. I wasn't really bashing David Lynch only trying to understand him. BTW thanks everyone who replied.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2002 05:04 AM
chico is currently offline Click here to Send chico a Private Message Find more posts by chico Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
greedo
Bounty Hunter

John Hurt did an excellent job portraying John Merrick. With the gobs of make up on you could hardly even tell there was an actor under it all. One critic said Hurt should win an Oscar because of the way he used his eyes to act out the scenes. It truely is a great film by a great director. Shooting it in black and white just added to the darkness of the film.

"Oona-goota, Solo? "

Old Post Jul 5th, 2002 08:34 AM
greedo is currently offline Click here to Send greedo a Private Message Find more posts by greedo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Billy The Kid
Wanted dead or alive

I agree....Everyone should see The Elephant Man.....it`s a fantastic movie.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2002 12:02 PM
Billy The Kid is currently offline Click here to Send Billy The Kid a Private Message Find more posts by Billy The Kid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote