KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Wild At Heart

Wild At Heart
Started by: Tired Hiker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Wild At Heart

Have you seen Wild At Heart? In my opinion it is David Lynch's best film, yet it also seems to be the one most people haven't seen. I like Lynch, but most of his films are so abstract you really don't know what is going on. Wild At Heart has all the great Lynch visuals and moments of intrigue, and actually makes sense in the end. Many people won't see it because they don't like Nicolas Cage, but in my opinion, it's his greatest performance ever, as well as Laura Dern's. Also, Willem DeFoe plays one of the most memorable villians in film history. This is one of my all time favorite films. I highly recommend it if you have not seen it.

Old Post May 9th, 2006 06:28 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Okay, I'm bumping this at the lack of responses. 15 people have viewed this and none have replied, so I take it no one has seen this movie. I really wish someone here would rent this film, or just buy it since it's IMO a cult classic. I've looked for it in two different Blockbuster Video stores since yesterday, and they don't have it. It's the type of film people would probably steal, it's so good, such a cult classic.

Anyway, I hope you folks will try to find it and watch it so we can discuss it here. If you have no idea what it's all about, I will tell you.

Nicolas Cage and Laura Dern play a pair of lovers on the run in David Lynch's surrealist road movie Wild at Heart. Cage's Sailor Ripley is a violent ex-convict with an Elvis Presley fixation who falls in love with Dern's Lula Pace Fortune, the daughter of a rich, but mentally unstable, Southern belle named Marietta (Diane Ladd, Dern's real-life mother). Just after Sailor is released from prison, where he was jailed for brutally killing one of Marietta's thugs, (which is a seen that would make Backfire even wince) he and Lula take off on a wild cross-country trip, pursued by his parole officer, her mother, criminals, bounty hunters, and detectives. Along the way, Sailor and Lula have a lot of sex, share their pasts, share their respective obsessions for Elvis and The Wizard of Oz, and meet a lot of bizarre characters. Then, all hell breaks loose when a seedy ex-marine (Willem Dafoe) persuades Sailor to participate in a bank robbery. (Oh my god, the bank robbery just goes so wrong, all I can say is . . . . "was that his spine???" blink ) His cult followers will find enough fine visuals and jokes to make Wild at Heart a thoroughly worthwhile experience.

I admit I chopped up some review from movie phone to present my review since I'm a busy man.

Last edited by Tired-Hiker on May 10th, 2006 at 07:56 AM

Old Post May 10th, 2006 07:53 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Damnit, somebody go watch this movie!!! mad . . . . . .... .. . . happy

Old Post May 10th, 2006 12:14 PM
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

bump

Old Post May 12th, 2006 09:35 AM
Jarshewa
Joint Chief of staff

is this about the horse that jumps into a huge tank of water hundreds of feet up

Old Post May 12th, 2006 09:39 AM
Jarshewa is currently offline Click here to Send Jarshewa a Private Message Find more posts by Jarshewa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jarshewa
is this about the horse that jumps into a huge tank of water hundreds of feet up

Yeah. no expression

Old Post May 12th, 2006 10:28 AM
Jarshewa
Joint Chief of staff

now im convinced.

Old Post May 12th, 2006 11:25 AM
Jarshewa is currently offline Click here to Send Jarshewa a Private Message Find more posts by Jarshewa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jarshewa
Joint Chief of staff

post edited

Last edited by Dusty on May 12th, 2006 at 11:26 PM

Old Post May 12th, 2006 11:26 AM
Solo

It's great; but Lynch's best is Blue Velvet, IMO.

Old Post May 12th, 2006 10:08 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Solo
It's great; but Lynch's best is Blue Velvet, IMO.

Soz, I love in Wild At Heart, the way Bobby Peru goes out. The spine scene!!!! OMG!. happy

Old Post May 14th, 2006 10:04 AM